Chelsea v Liverpool (League Cup Final) Sun 27th Feb 2022 16:30 GMT

                           Mendy

       Christensen. Silva.  Rudiger

Azpi.      Kante.   Jorginho.    Alonso

         Mount.    Havertz.   Pulisic

 
                           Mendy

       Christensen. Silva.  Rudiger

Azpi.      Kante.   Jorginho.    Alonso

         Mount.    Havertz.   Pulisic
Don't think we can afford to lose the midfield battle so I am tempted for us to set up as we looked after Ziyech went off against Lille.

Kepa (I expect TT starts him)

AC

Silva

Rudiger 

RLC

Dave

Kante

Saul

Alonso

Havertz

Pulisic 

 
Praying for a Tuchel masterclass performance here as well.

Good game to play, would be interesting to see how we will grow from the game against Lille. 

Liverpool in current form are better than us now, but it's a final, different life, different rules!

Losing Ziyech and Kova is a bit hurting, I believe those two are must starters in this game but we have the same quality on the bench.

I'd like to see this lineup:

-------------------- Mendy --------------------

--- Christensen -- Thiago Silva -- Rudiger ---

Azpilicueta ---- RLC ------- Kante ---------- Sarr

------------ Mount ---------- Werner ---------

------------------ Havertz -----------------

I assume Pulisic will keep his place, but I'd bet on Werner for this game.

COME ON CHELS!!!!!!!

 
After 2 interesting games against them this season - we definitely owe them a beating. I’m still fuming about that Reece James handball. 

 
Especially when the ref allows this kind of thing to happen without a red card, and VAR failed to intervene, shockingly bad call.

View attachment 18172
I remember a VAR call in a Fulham vs West Ham game where a player was sent off because he did something similar. Was sent off because his fist was closed which indicated it was deliberate and designed to hurt.

Manes sure looks like he made a fist there.

 
Some rumors TT wants to use the same front 3 he did at Anfield so long as Mount us fit.

Him, Kai and Rom.

 
Some rumors TT wants to use the same front 3 he did at Anfield so long as Mount us fit.

Him, Kai and Rom.
Ridiculous if true. I looked into some performances from the 2nd half of last season again and Havertz, Mount, Werner, Pulisic and Ziyech have so much to offer in the front three of a 3-4-3, particularly in big games. Our frontline on Sunday must be made up by three of these players, and one of them must be Kai Havertz. He is the key to a successful end to a season, all he needs is some consistent playing time as CF.

 
Back
Top