Chelsea v Newcastle Upon-Tyne United (LC) Tuesday 19th December 2023 20:00 GMT

axman2526

Legend
Messages
39,691
Reaction score
20,267
Well then, Newcastle are one of the few sides that can compare injury lists with us, looks like they lost Schar and Joelinton today.

Did us no good when they stuffed us at St. James. Can we show up and give us all a semi final to at least look forward to please?

 
I suspect Silva will get a rest, with Gusto coming in at RB. Hopefully some minutes for Nkunku, and possibly even Lavia. Even with some players missing I expect Newcastle to put out a strongish team and will provide tough opposition. Hopefully we can gain some revenge for the league defeat and beat them.  

 
Newcastle has bigger fishes to fry, such as finishing higher up in the league. I expect a win here ( shouldn't but I will). This is our best route to get back into Thursday night football, so get it done.

 
Newcastle has bigger fishes to fry, such as finishing higher up in the league. I expect a win here ( shouldn't but I will). This is our best route to get back into Thursday night football, so get it done.
They are certainly in a better position than we are to chase for top 4, or at least top 6. But they also know this is a chance to make semi-final and a step closer to a trophy. 

 
Newcastle has bigger fishes to fry, such as finishing higher up in the league. I expect a win here ( shouldn't but I will). This is our best route to get back into Thursday night football, so get it done.
Having had a taste of Wembley in this competition as Runners Up last year, I expect them to be very motivated to try and go one step further this year and lift the trophy.

We will certainly need to up our game to get through to the SF

 
Newcastle has bigger fishes to fry, such as finishing higher up in the league. I expect a win here ( shouldn't but I will). This is our best route to get back into Thursday night football, so get it done.
Now they are out of Europe they do not. Also been a long, long time since they won something and they need a cup to kick start that winning feeling.

Don’t know what to expect here. 
A Gordon goal and Miley to star.

 
I suspect Silva will get a rest, with Gusto coming in at RB. Hopefully some minutes for Nkunku, and possibly even Lavia. Even with some players missing I expect Newcastle to put out a strongish team and will provide tough opposition. Hopefully we can gain some revenge for the league defeat and beat them.  
If Lavia isn't ready, is Ugochukwu injured or just not featuring currently? 

 
If Thiago Silva is fit enough, then I'd play the same lineup.

Time for a payback, hopefully the players will be motivated enough to put some spirit and quality to continue our last victory.

COME ON CHELS!

 
How long before Big Les is known as Biggles?
I raise you to Mr Bigglesworth.

200.gif


 
Not sure on Newcastles injury list but Pope being out is huge, Dubravka is not a patch on him.

Question is can we test him?

 
Newcastle have recovered Botman, Burn, Longstaff and Wilson since we lost to them, and expect Tripper and Isak back from the weekend.

Be a much stronger Newcastle side.

 
Newcastle have recovered Botman, Burn, Longstaff and Wilson since we lost to them, and expect Tripper and Isak back from the weekend.

Be a much stronger Newcastle side.
They lost JoeLinton and Schar yesterday. I suspect they will be cautious playing returning players in this game, as they have a lot of fixtures approaching in the weeks ahead. 

 
I doubt they will risk it by playing all the returning players, having said that we need to be better than Saturday to win it.

 
Back
Top