Chelsea v The Ful of Ham Cottagers (PL) Sat 13th January 2024 12:30 GMT

axman2526

Legend
Messages
39,691
Reaction score
20,267
200.gif


 
Given the fixtures this weekend against teams around us, 3 points will be enjoyable and make up for that sh*te last night....but it depends on which team shows up.  Go a goal down early and put in a torrid display, the fans will undoubtedly turn on the team and manager, let alone the 'Todd out' signs which will no doubt spring up sooner rather than later if the recent miserable displays continue. 

Fulham are inconsistent like all mid-table teams, us included ....I reckon a 1-1 draw ....but we'll probably put 3 past them. 

 
Given the fixtures this weekend against teams around us, 3 points will be enjoyable and make up for that sh*te last night....but it depends on which team shows up.  Go a goal down early and put in a torrid display, the fans will undoubtedly turn on the team and manager, let alone the 'Todd out' signs which will no doubt spring up sooner rather than later if the recent miserable displays continue. 

Fulham are inconsistent like all mid-table teams, us included ....I reckon a 1-1 draw ....but we'll probably put 3 past them. 
It is getting to the stage of don't score in the first 20 minutes and its going to be a long day again, one it is unlikely that we will win

 
Looking at the injury updates we have a few players that are back in full training with the first team but I doubt they will return as that usually seems to mean they are at least a month away from any first team action.

So, assuming that we will go into the game Saturday with mostly the same match day squad as yesterday. Any updates on Gusto? Supposedly he may have picked up a knock yesterday but I didn't see anything confirmed. We could do without losing one of the few players who has been generally decent for us.

 
When we played Fulham last time it was one of our best performances of the season, they played right to our strengths, hopefully they do it again. 

 
When we played Fulham last time it was one of our best performances of the season, they played right to our strengths, hopefully they do it again. 
The key in that game was that we got ourselves in front early on thanks in part to a slice of luck with our second goal. Fulham were poor and never really recovered. We have generally done ok in games where we take our chances and get a lead. Hard to know what to expect on Saturday to be honest, beyond the likely starting lineup.

 
We played 4-3-3 in the away fixture.

The only players who are unavailable vs before are Cucurella at RB (Gusto) and Sanchez as GK (Petrovic) so we could go that way again if desired ?

 
Do we have any strengths to play to?
We perform much better when teams decide to come at us and play a highline, Fulham were suicidal last time, gave us acres of space to run into. 

Not many teams do that, they defend and counter which mostly works. 

 
Hopefully Nkunku is back, seems he is 50/50 for this.

Petrovic

Gusto

Disasi

Colwill

Williams

Caicedo

Enzo

Madueke 

Nkunku

Palmer

Broja

 
He's restoring the status quo by including a right winger/#10 to play left wing by the look of it 🙂 
Palmer can play anywhere along the front line, he just plays better on the right or middle. But when I want Noni to start, and Nkunku, that leaves the left and I will pick Palmer over Sterling and Mudryk any day of the week.

 
Chilllwell, Nkunku and even Chukwumeka could be in line for a few minutes. Possibly the most likely is Chilwell for the last 15.

There is also Dylan Williams as I think axman refers to. That way Silva, now quite error prone, could be rested Colwill can play with Disasi and we have an actual left back playing left back.

I would rest Caicedo despite the fact he was the best of the midfielders despite the goal. Caicedo needs a break and with Enzo fit he can play deep with Gallagher box to box and Palmer at 10. Broja plays at 9 with Mudryck and Sterling and Madueke coming on later.

Petro

Gusto Disasi Colwill Williams

Gallagher Enzo

       Palmer

Sterling Broja Mudryck

Of the many knocks on this team the one that hits home is  is that it's another completely different line up so it lacks continuity. Because of that I'd reluctantly say that if Poch wanted to play a very similar team to the Borough outfit I could at least understand it in terms of team work.

 
Chilllwell, Nkunku and even Chukwumeka could be in line for a few minutes. Possibly the most likely is Chilwell for the last 15.

There is also Dylan Williams as I think axman refers to. That way Silva, now quite error prone, could be rested Colwill can play with Disasi and we have an actual left back playing left back.

I would rest Caicedo despite the fact he was the best of the midfielders despite the goal. Caicedo needs a break and with Enzo fit he can play deep with Gallagher box to box and Palmer at 10. Broja plays at 9 with Mudryck and Sterling and Madueke coming on later.

Petro

Gusto Disasi Colwill Williams

Gallagher Enzo

       Palmer

Sterling Broja Mudryck

Of the many knocks on this team the one that hits home is  is that it's another completely different line up so it lacks continuity. Because of that I'd reluctantly say that if Poch wanted to play a very similar team to the Borough outfit I could at least understand it in terms of team work.
Yeah that is who I put forward, and who was on the bench at Boro.

Klopp played a youth at rightback vs fulham yesterday and he did well in his natural position.

Chances slim to none Poch does the same though.

 
Yeah that is who I put forward, and who was on the bench at Boro.

Klopp played a youth at rightback vs fulham yesterday and he did well in his natural position.

Chances slim to none Poch does the same though.
That Liverpool guy did do well. Much better defender than Alexander Arnold from what I saw. Fast and strong and watched the ball. Still I wouldn't know Dylan Williams from a slice of bread so he could be hopeless.

 
Yeah that is who I put forward, and who was on the bench at Boro.

Klopp played a youth at rightback vs fulham yesterday and he did well in his natural position.

Chances slim to none Poch does the same though.
It's a lot easier to play a young player though when he is surrounded by experience. We don't have that luxury unfortunately.

Bradley already has 13 international caps for Northern Ireland so he's also a fair bit further along in his career than Dylan Williams ... 

 
It's a lot easier to play a young player though when he is surrounded by experience. We don't have that luxury unfortunately.

Bradley already has 13 international caps for Northern Ireland so he's also a fair bit further along in his career than Dylan Williams ... 
Could have Silva next to him and Sterling ahead of him, does not get much more experienced than that anywhere lol.

 
Back
Top