Chelsea Vs Brighton (PL) Tues Dec 26th 2017 15:00 UK

For those going to the games against Brighton and Stoke.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2017/12/fulham-broadway-closed-for-festive-home-fixtures.html



Fulham Broadway station closed for festive home fixtures



NEWSMON 18 DEC 2017



There will be no District Line service to or from Fulham Broadway for our home games against Brighton on Boxing Day and Stoke on 30 December.

District Line trains will not be serving any stations between South Kensington and Wimbledon, Richmond, Ealing Broadway, Edgware Road and Olympia Earl's Court. There is also no London Overground service to West Brompton on Boxing Day.

Supporters are advised to travel to South Kensington (District and Piccadilly lines), Hammersmith (Hammersmith & City and Piccadilly lines) or Victoria (Victoria and District lines) and walk the rest of the journey to Stamford Bridge. The Piccadilly Line will be running to Earl's Court, but queues of up to 45 minutes are expected at that station after the game. A signed walking route will be in place for supporters from both South Kensington and Earl’s Court stations.

Rail replacement buses are in operation between Wimbledon and Earl's Court, calling at Putney Bridge, Parsons Green, Fulham Broadway and West Brompton.

For more information go to www.tfl.gov.uk/festive-travel.
Click here to see a map of suggested walking routes
On Boxing Day, there are very few services running on National Rail, including none on South Western Railway. Check this page on the National Rail website for further information.

There is also no London Overground service in operation on Boxing Day. DLR and trams will be operating with an amended service.

Buses are running a Sunday service.
 


PARKING


In Hammersmith & Fulham on Boxing Day, usual parking restrictions and charges apply in Zones CC & G. Parking is free in shared use, resident and pay and display bays in all other parking zones throughout Hammersmith & Fulham. Other parking restrictions (including yellow lines, disabled bays, pedestrian crossing zig-zag markings, bus stops and diplomatic parking bays) also still apply.

In Kensington & Chelsea on Boxing Day, there is no enforcement on pay-and-display parking and permits, but single yellow line parking will be enforced during controlled hours.


 


Share this article



 
Fulham Broadway station closed for festive home fixtures



NEWSMON 18 DEC 2017 
Wouldn’t be a problem is West Brompton wasn’t also closed. Us coming in from Wimbledon either have to drive or use the terrible replacement buses. 

 
f**k. Lucky I'm going to be like 3 hours early so I can work out how to get there from Finchley

 
These next 3 games could be really crucial. We need to win the next 2 for sure, and we can't lose to Arsenal either. We don't want to give Arsenal hope of catching us.

 
Although a draw away at Everton was not that bad a result all considered, it does mean this match against Brighton is one we really need to win, would like to keep a good bit of distance from those beneath us.

I expect Brighton to be very defensive and try and frustrate us, and while Brighton did get smashed 5-1 by Liverpool earlier this month, that was the only time they conceded more than 2 goals in an individual match this season, with  Brighton generally having been quite low conceding.

Good thing is Brighton are also very low scoring, so I hope we start strong and hit them hard early in the match, get some goals and take a good lead, then could have the chance to maybe rest some players later in the match with the busy schedule ahead in mind. Really just hoping for a good effort from the players to do the job and get a solid home win.

 
Tibo

Azpi 

Christensen 

Cahill

Moses

Baka

Kante

Alonso 

Hazard

Morata

Batman

I know I know never going to happen.

 
Hope the boys have their shooting boots on.

anyway I expect this to be the team 

courtois 

azbi christensen Cahill 

moses Kante drinkwater Alonso 

Fabregas 

hazard morata 

 
I hope we go 3-4-3 instead of 3-5-2. Brighton are quite solid defensively. If we play with 3 CM I suspect we will have difficulties breaking down their defence. I would prefer we go with Pedro/Willian, Morata and Hazard. While the 3-5-2 provides us more solidarity, we have more chances of breaking them down if we go 3-4-3.

 
I’d like to see Baka, Kante and Danny, Morata Hazard. And use Baka attacking wise to drive, I say drive hard at their midfield,opening up space for hazar and the wing backs. 

 
Anyone travelling from Wimbledon got any good alternatives to the replacement bus service? I hate those things with a passion

 
Let's hope we take our chances today, I felt these 1:0 games took lot out of us mentally and physically. I think we have been good in open play in the last half a dozen games, just couldn't buy a goal.

 
3 points needed here to keep on the coat tails of Manure..
It could well be a right ding dong battle for second with them.

 
Back
Top