Chelsea vs Crystal Palace (PL) Sunday 17th August 14:00 GMT

Slightly worried about the defence but we should be winning. Need the bridge to be rocking.

 
Updated.

Sanchez​
James Tosin Chalobah Cucurella​
Caicedo Santos​
Estevao Palmer Neto​
Pedro​
That's the line up I would like to see. Estevao is too good to not be getting significant game time.

When you are good enough you are old enough.

 
I don't think any of the returning loan players or new signings start apart from Pedro. I think it will be the same team that beat PSG apart from Tosin in for Colwill in the enforced change. Palace are very dangerous on the counter so think Enzo does not start in the double pivot and will be pushed further upfield like we saw against PSG and we will see James in the pivot next to Caicedo. Gusto probably at RB.

Sanchez​
Gusto Tosin Chalobah Cucurella​
James Caicedo​
Palmer Enzo Neto​
Pedro​
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Updated.

Sanchez​
James Tosin Chalobah Cucurella​
Caicedo Santos​
Estevao Palmer Neto​
Pedro​
I also think this is who should be playing - based on quality of performance in the last two games. Or possibly Gusto at RB and James in CM next to Caicedo.

 
Sanchez

James, Adarabioyo, Chalobah, Cucurella

Caicedo, Santos

Estevao, Palmer, Joao Pedro

Delap

 
Last edited by a moderator:
exactly this line up
I'm pretty sure Maresca will pick Neto, but I always think the line up to pick is the one that the opposition would least like to play against, and that doesn't include Neto for me, good player though he is !

 
Not sure what incentive Maresca has to play that when Pedro is 5/5 as the lone ST anyway.
Incentive ?

Kill the game in the first half, so he can bring on Enzo Fernandez in the second half and keep his boss happy without impacting the result !

 
Bearing in mind the long term injury to Colwill, is there any reason why we seem not to be looking at Guehi or am I missing something?
Possibly because he appears dead set on Liverpool ?

If he was a "Chelsea 'til I die" kind of player I doubt he'd have left in the first place !

 
We'll be playing a massively understrengthened Palace. A simple win so long as the players don't f**k around

 
We'll be playing a massively understrengthened Palace. A simple win so long as the players don't f**k around
Are Palace likely to leave out Eze Guehi and Wharton for our game?

 
I was watching a Chelsea youtuber who said we've gone from the least optimistic (most pessimistic) fan base about the (then) upcoming season this time last year to the most optimistic in the league going into the upcoming season (according to a professional poll).

I bet we'll drop points against Palace now 😂

i joke but i am serious too. I do suspect we've gotten too optimistic and once the new season is under way will be brought back down to Earth when Gittens and Delap start slower than most expect.

 
Last edited:
I was watching a Chelsea youtuber who said we've gone from the least optimistic (most pessimistic) fan base about the (then) upcoming season this time last year to the most optimistic in the league going into the upcoming season (according to a professional poll).

I bet we'll drop points against Palace now 😂

i joke but i am serious too. I do suspect we've gotten too optimistic and once the new season is under way will be brought back down to Earth when Gittens and Delap start slower than most expect.
This often happens when we have pre season matches, especially against European sides that come from much slower and inferior leagues than ours. At a slow tempo with lots of space our players will look world beaters.

When Palace come out all guns blazing reality might slap us in the face pretty quickly if we don't match the intensity. Crowing about our World Champions status has been great fun but there is definitely a race now to knock the world champions of our perch.

 
I'm pretty sure Maresca will pick Neto, but I always think the line up to pick is the one that the opposition would least like to play against, and that doesn't include Neto for me, good player though he is !
I'm pretty sure Maresca will pick Jackson to start.

He can't help himself.

 
Are Palace likely to leave out Eze Guehi and Wharton for our game?
Probably not if the deal isn't closed within 24hrs. But the best thing to happen is the uncertainty of it all.

Now the Palace team is in limbo and nobody is sure who plays

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Really really hoping we see Palmer start on the right for this, he’s so much more effective and harder to man mark/double team out the game.

If Wharton & Eze are both playing, Palace will be a serious threat going forward but should be so much more open at the back for us to exploit.

We could do bits by taking the initiative and going for it from the off.

Sanchez

Gusto Tosin Chalobah Cucu

James Caiceido

Palmer JP Estevao

Delap

Then if we go 2/3 up taking Gusto off for Essugo and moving James to RB shores us right up.

 
Back
Top