Chelsea vs Fenerbahce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoever was on Setanta news last night made a very good point - we know what we've got to do. We HAVE to win this game, we have to go out and get a win. We can't sit back and draw thinking do we attack now, do we defend...

Nervous about this game, but hopefully the Bridge will be our 12th man (11th if Malouda is playing) - COME ON THE CHELS!!!!!

Also, (haven't read through all of this thread so forgive me if I'm repeating) isn't Essien suspended for this game?

 
I think it would be madness to change the formation now. I'd start with the standard 4-3-3, try an attack as much as possible and make the change to 4-4-2 second half if we need a goal.

 
Why madness Qaz? We switched to that against Arsenal and it looked very good. Our best chance in this match is to put it out of sight as early as possible. We can always switch to a more defensive set up later in the match if we need to. I know 1-0 would see us through but at the same time it only takes one goal from them and they will have the advantage. So push early which gives us more time to deal with any defensive issues. I really don't want to be winning 1-0 with 15 mins to go. Well I do, but you know what I mean - it will leave us very vulnerable to any late goal.

 
I really don't want to be winning 1-0 with 15 mins to go. Well I do, but you know what I mean - it will leave us very vulnerable to any late goal.
Im in the thinking were going to need 3 goals in 90 minutes. That should be our target at KO.

We need to smash them to bits, its only Fenrebahce, were at home, we have a FULL squad with no injuries, we have no excuses, the world will be watching, lets show them what weve got.

3-5-3 no time for defending.
happy0034.gif


 
Another reason i want to stuff it up these Turks - they aint half coming out all mouthy since the first game.

A certain ex striker of ours leading the pack too.

 
Yet another game on a knife-edge - one mistake could be fatal. My 'fear' is that we score early (as we have done on several occasions recently) and then fail to steamroller the opposition. One nil would be enough but the last 10 or 15 minutes would be a bit nervy.

I wouldn't underestimate Zico - the guy seems to have a little something about him, an edge that other managers seem to lack (mention no names, I'm on my best behaviour tonight!). He'll know that his team can score against us, that letting in one goal will not signal the end, even two goals would still give them a fighting chance.

What I'd like to see us do is dominate the ball - give them nothing to cling onto, break their spirit by holding possession, something we've failed to do recently. We have continually given the ball back with misplaced passes and long hopeless balls to nobody in particular, so with that in mind I'd stay with the team that started the 1st leg BUT replace Malouda with Kalou. I don't think this will happen as it seems any of the younger guys who play 90 mins at the weekend gets left out in mid-week - I'm worried that Florent will start.

Whatever the team is I don't want to see us marauding forward like the 1st goal needs to be scored before half the crowd has entered the stadium. Be patient, take the chances when they come, keep the effing ball for a change, and march on to Anfield for the revenge mission!

...but I can't help remembering what happened when the no-hopers from Besiktas done us!

 
We should be playing the squad that beat Arsenal with the only changes been Malouda in place of Kalou, who is pretty much wasteful when he is required to deliver the goods(exception : his goal against City) and on the bench(Belletti Out, Ferreira In)

----------------------Cudicini-------------------

--Essien------Carvalho----Terry-----A Cole---

----------------------Makelele-------------------

----------Lampard----------Ballack------------

--J Cole-----------------------------Malouda--

---------------------Drogba--------------------

Subs:

Hilario

Alex

Ferreira

John Mikel Obi

Anelka

Prediction:

Chelsea 2 Fenerbahce 0

[Drogba and Joe Cole(or Lampard and Ballack) to save the day]

ChElSea.gif
ChElSea.gif
ChElSea.gif
ChElSea.gif
blue%20scalf.gif


 
If Kalou is wasteful then Malouda is the electricity bill for the Manhattan skyline!

If I was Grant I would be giving Malouda an extended summer break starting now. Every game from not till the end of the season is a big one and although I am not, by any means, saying Kalou has been a top performer he has been far less of a passenger than Malouda when Malouda has played.

 
We are too strong for Fenerbache, we could have had this game wrapped up first half away and I'm certain (well as certain as I can be with Grant at the helm) that we will not make that same mistake tonight.

So early goal for us and then we hopefully on to a 2-0 or even 3-0 scoreline. As Grant tries to prove his attacking credentials.
icon_wink.gif


Lets not forget we let Fenerbache back into the game last week it was not because they were in any way superior to us - in fact they are probably on a par away with Olympiakos (may be a little better but not by much).

Their away from is pretty bad I believe, I'm not sure if they have even scored once away in recent games.

 
In a sick way i am kind of glad we are 1-2 behind, if we were leading i would be overly confident and not have the butterflies i have in my stomach today.

I like the feeling of raw nervousness and dreaded fear in anticipation of a big match, its much better than when their is little or no meaning to a game.

 
Few points...

Even though we didn't play well in the last few games after scoring first, I still believe that we must get an early goal. No matter what Fener players say (we shouldn't fear Chelsea, we don't have any more respect for them...) they are still young and unexperienced team and will buckle under Stamford Bridge pressure.

Anelka MUST start the game...with or without DD, I don't care. Drogba has proved that his mind is already in Inter, or wherever.

Malouda...well, we all know the answer to that one.

Essien is gathering pace, so he must start in his position, together with Ballack and Lamps!

2-0 or 3-0 Chelsea tonight for sure!

ChElSea2.gif


 
For me, the back 4 and midfield, picks itself.

PF-JT-RC-AC

FL-ME-MB

(Just to clarify ME is Essien, not Me, although I do play the Maka role for my 5 a side team, so could do a job if Avram fancies it)

Front three is a bit more tricky though. Despite his selfish attitude in the first leg, DD does have to start, realistically, but then I feel Nico deserves a place as well. However, he should NOT be shunted out onto the wing, so if we are playing two up front, with, say, Joe or Kalour behind them, then I think we also need to play Beletti and Wayne, so we have more of a threat out wide.

However, given the amount of changes a 4-4-2 demands , I can't see Avram going for this, so assuming he sticks with 3 up front, I think we will see:

Joe - DD - Kalou (surely he can't still think Malouda is good enough???)

 
Drogba must start - preferably with Anelka.

There have been a lot of comments about how Drogba is playing crap and doesn't care - neither of which I believe. Let's not forget that 3 matches ago, after the Arsenal match, he was "undoubtedly the best centre forward in the world" and "unstoppable".

We should also remember that, however pretty Anelka can look on the ball sometimes, he has only found the net twice in 11 starts. Drogba has managed 13 in 22 starts.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top