Chelsea vs Hull City (PL) Saturday 12th September 15:00 GMT

Just seen that one of their players, Sorba Thomas has rolled his car over on way to training ground.

He can chat to Fofana about driving technique.

 
Martinez

James

Lacroix

Hato

Neto

Lavia

Barco

Chavarria

Palmer

Joao Pedro

Rogers
Why have you put James in defence. I can't see that tbh, I would be surprised if he'll play him there at all this season. I think Fofana will start there instead and i also think that he is impressed with Acheampong's progress. I also think James and Lavia will play in the midfield if both are fit enough. Barco to possibly come on during the game.

 
Why have you put James in defence. I can't see that tbh, I would be surprised if he'll play him there at all this season. I think Fofana will start there instead and i also think that he is impressed with Acheampong's progress. I also think James and Lavia will play in the midfield if both are fit enough. Barco to possibly come on during the game.
Same reason I put Hato on the other side. Hull will sit back and counter, we need options to spread the play quickly to break them down.

 
Just seen that one of their players, Sorba Thomas has rolled his car over on way to training ground.

He can chat to Fofana about driving technique.
Looking at the state his car is in he is very lucky to have walked away unharmed.

 
6-3 Chelsea. We're going to smash a ton of teams this season. TBF, hull look really solid so should be a good test of our attackers.

 
None of Henderson, Caicedo or Emegha fit apparently. He did mention hopefully Brentford for all three.

Palestra not fit either and no mention of "hopefully Brentford", getting a bit frustrated with the lack of info on him

 
Watched the Hull v Utd game and Hull were all over Utd from the start. They are big, strong and very very motivated. They thoroughly deserved to beat Utd. They start quickly and we need to be ready, right from the kick off.

Maybe we just have to outscore them but they defend well and can just push our littleuns off the ball. I think this will be a real hard test.

 
None of Henderson, Caicedo or Emegha fit apparently. He did mention hopefully Brentford for all three.

Palestra not fit either and no mention of "hopefully Brentford", getting a bit frustrated with the lack of info on him
Only Hull and Brentford left before the intl break, so no need to rush them back. Surely fully fit for Bournemouth. The problem is, though, will they (Caicedo and Palestra) be called up for meaningless friendlies and useless Nations League matches? Hopefully not. Although if managed properly, they could both be given given limited minutes and this way the intl break would turn into a blessing in disguise as it would get them match fit for Bournemouth. But as always with these sh*tty National Team matches, managers don't really care about clubs and only act in their own interest.

 
Same reason I put Hato on the other side. Hull will sit back and counter, we need options to spread the play quickly to break them down.
I don't think he sees James as a CB. I think he now sees him as a DM with back up functionality in the RWB/RB areas

 
I don't think he sees James as a CB. I think he now sees him as a DM with back up functionality in the RWB/RB areas
It remains to be seen. Alonso isn't spoilt for choice in midfield. It's like saying he doesn't see Gusto as a fullback. I doubt after Tuesday he even sees Gusto as a footballer.

 
I don't think he sees James as a CB. I think he now sees him as a DM with back up functionality in the RWB/RB areas
As a center back in a back 4 I'd agree with you.

The RCB and LCB in a back 3 have more responsibility to create, join up with the midfield and attack, and be mobile. The latter is Reece biggest issue as the more mobile he is the great chance of his getting another injury.

 
Given who is out most of Alonsos 11 seems very likely.

Only question marks for me is whether he puts in Fofana or Colwill alongside Lacroix and Josh, and whether he goes with Gusto or Neto.

The other 9 players, including the more physical Hato at lwb again, seem nailed on.

 
Please … ABG … anyone but Gusto! Why do we always have these players that the fans don’t rate but the manager does, like Mount, Jorginho, Havertz - Fernandez!

 
Pedro Palmer & Rodgers should score or create numerous chances v the occasional effort from McBurnie.

Cmon we win this one. Hull have had a good start but the party's over, surely?

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully their boss is affected by the PL ‘Manager of the month’ curse.

Gonna be interested how we deal with having lots of the ball, and early goal for this one would be ideal.

 
Please … ABG … anyone but Gusto! Why do we always have these players that the fans don’t rate but the manager does, like Mount, Jorginho, Havertz - Fernandez!
Mason Mount? f**k off.

 
Going to trash them... 5-0 and we start Hull's descent back to the championship. No team should play in black and orange in 2026 like no team should play in grey and orange.... ;-)

 
Back
Top