Chelsea Vs Newcastle (PL) Sat Dec 2nd 2017 12:30 UK

Tibo

azpi andreas rudiger

zappa kante bakayoko moses

pedro morata hazard

i would rotate gc here. Also alonso looks nearly out of gas. Moses looked really rusty when he came on but nonetheless, alonso needs a rest for sure specially since we have a must win against ATM (if we want to top the group) in midweek. I would rest cesc if he has to start atm too.

 
I know we need to beat atletico to be sure of topping our group but even when we do that we often get hard draws like psg so which game do you focus on? This or atletico? 

If this game my team would be:

Tibo

Azpi

Christensen

Cahill

Moses

Drinkwater

Kante

Cesc 

Alonso

Hazard 

Morata

If atletico is most important:

Tibo

Azpi

Christensen

Rudiger

Zappa

Baka 

Drinkwater

Moses/kennedy 

Pedro

Batman

Willian

 
Full strenght lineup here. I think maybe Luiz but I'm afraid he will overcompensate which is his biggest trait.

 
Yep, we always had problems with Newcastle, no matter in which form they are. I hope we will collect the 3 points as well. I think we have a good rotation squad, we have Atletico next week, so Conte must prepare two strong squads.

I'd like to see this starting lineup:

---------------- Courtois ---------------

- Azpilicueta - Christensen - Rudiger -

Moses - Kante - Drinkwater - Kenedy

--- Willian ------ Morata ------ Hazard ---

We need Moses back in form, plus Morata to score. Important game for us to win, United are playing Arsenal.

COME ON CHELS!!!

 
We tend to struggle vs this lot, even when their form is bad.
We've never struggled against this lot at home, the only time I recall is when Cisse scored those two wonder goals and they finished 5th that season while we played them Liverpool & Barcelona in the space of 10 days. it's their place we struggle with.

And they look absolutely sh*t at the moment, I don't fear this match one bit, very confident we get 3 points here. 

 
Courtois​

Azpi-Christensen-Rudiger​

Moses-Fabregas-Kante-Alonso​

Pedro-Morata-Hazard​

I think we could go with Fabregas again in the middle to run the game, I'm very confident we can control this game like we controlled the Swansea game, this time we have Hazard also. 

 ​
 
We tend to struggle vs this lot, even when their form is bad.
That was down to Pardew knowing how to set up against Jose more than anything else. 

You can never take a Benitez team for granted as they are quite unpredictable as we found out in not only our bitter battles with him but when we had him ourselves. When he gets his starting tactics right his team's are hard to beat but when he doesn't they are seriously vulnerable because he doesn't react well in game atall.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Take each game as it comes.

Need to keep winning as we could climb to 2nd next week depending on the Arsenal/ Man U game.

courtois 

azbi Christensen Rudiger 

moses Drinkwater  Kante Alonso 

hazard morata Willian

subs : Willy, Cahill, Bakayoko, Zappacosta, Pedro, Fabregas, Ampadu 

 
Also we need another lwb. Alonso has looked jaded 

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, we always had problems with Newcastle, no matter in which form they are. I hope we will collect the 3 points as well. I think we have a good rotation squad, we have Atletico next week, so Conte must prepare two strong squads.

I'd like to see this starting lineup:

---------------- Courtois ---------------

- Azpilicueta - Christensen - Rudiger -

Moses - Kante - Drinkwater - Kenedy

--- Willian ------ Morata ------ Hazard ---

We need Moses back in form, plus Morata to score. Important game for us to win, United are playing Arsenal.

COME ON CHELS!!!
I like that team for this game,

 
Managed to get tickets from the ones their amazing supporters didn’t want and returned. Big club my arse. 

 
Also we need another lwb. Alonso has looked jaded 
With Conte rotating wisely i must say. Its time for Alonso and kante to have a chill pill

                Courtois

     Rudiger    Christensen   Cahill

Zappa  Fab   Drinkwater   Baka   Azpi

      Morta               Hazard

 
That was down to Pardew knowing how to set up against Jose more than anything else. 

You can never take a Benitez team for granted as they are quite unpredictable as we found out in not only our bitter battles with him but when we had him ourselves. When he gets his starting tactics right his team's are hard to beat but when he doesn't they are seriously vulnerable because he doesn't react well in game atall.
Newcastle have struggled recently without Lascelles in central defence and he's still out for this game. Atsu, who's been good for them this season, is also out. We should win this game comfortably as long as we don't underestimate them. I'd have a five man midfield with some attacking intent.......Zappacosta, Kante, Fabregas, Bakayoko and Alonso (Kenedy not quite ready I think). Hazard should definitely play against this defence.

 
Again, game we should win. However, I will simply be happy if we do as it to me is another of those difficult ones. Bit like Swansea during the week.

Come on Chelsea.

 
Managed to get tickets from the ones their amazing supporters didn’t want and returned. Big club my arse. 
Please don't tell me they are not bringing full allocation? It's a joke really, Geordies fans this, Geordie fans that, another set of overated fans, like the dippers who come to bridge, I can't remember when they last bought a proper noisy following to our place.

 
Back
Top