Chelsea's (All-time) Nightmare Historic XI

Status
Not open for further replies.
He had the odd stormer on occasion, though.And we have him to thank [partially] for being in the relatively lofty position we are in today.
True that, but that's one goal, in one game. I believe he slipped when he hit the shot aswell. :D

 
I could think of 200 players above Gronks who would deserve to go in a nightmare XI.

He wasnt great no doubt about that but we have had soooooo many worse.

And Plokoon points out, he is above the law anyway for THAT goal.

 
I never thought Peter Nicholas was too bad either, but I was eleven!
Peter Nicolas (along with Graham Roberts) 'kicked' us up to the old first division! More like legend status here. They were a pair of dirty bassas but it did the trick!

 
doobs scored at old trafford...so that makes him OK..

what about grodas in goal...he wasn't much better( worse) than beasant

 
I tried this and stopped at GK. Couldn't go any further.It has to be Les Fridge. Has to be.

Other names i will throw in, most already mentioned...

Dale Jasper ( i was there for the semi)

John McNaught

Sharon

John Coady

Peter Nicholas

Steve Livingstone (to think we swapped him for Soxy)

My cousin always tells me about David Stride but im far too young to remember.

Of a more recent vintage i would have to plump for De Lucas and Kezman (minus Barca at home)

I never thought Jerry Murphy was too bad btw. But i was eleven.
You can't have JC in that team, he was the best left-sided postman we had. Still get nightmares thinking about Darren Wood...

 
I tried this and stopped at GK. Couldn't go any further.It has to be Les Fridge. Has to be.

Other names i will throw in, most already mentioned...

Dale Jasper ( i was there for the semi)

John McNaught

Sharon

John Coady

Peter Nicholas

Steve Livingstone (to think we swapped him for Soxy)

My cousin always tells me about David Stride but im far too young to remember.

Of a more recent vintage i would have to plump for De Lucas and Kezman (minus Barca at home)

I never thought Jerry Murphy was too bad btw. But i was eleven.
Peter Nicholas was a vital part of the '88-'89 Promotion side. I might be biased, but I don't think he's anywhere near this side.

 
From 94 onwards - A diamond formation to frigthen everyone, especially Blues fans : )

F.Groadas (GK)

F.Sinclair (RB)

A.Mayers (LB)

M.Duberry (CB)

T.Ben Haim (CB) (I think CB has been our strongest area with people like Kjerderberg, big Erland, Lebeouf, Desially, JT and Carvalho)

D.Deschamps (DM)

S.Jokanovic (CM)

J.Veron (AM) (didn't understand why we signed him a day after Joe Cole and still don't)

E.Petit (CM)

C.Sutton (CF)

R.Fleck (CF)

subs - W.Bogarde (as normal), D.Hopkin, T.Cascarino

Worst loan signing ever - Christian Panucci (big mouth, little idea)

 
Surprised not to see Kalou in this company, he really should stop lacing both boots into a single dreadlock

 
Worst loan signing ever - Christian Panucci (big mouth, little idea)
.......... but fantastic hair.

Rarely has a man been so immaculately coiffured.

I think that's what got him in the side.

It certainly wasn't his football.

 
I think Christian Panucci might well be the only player ever to wear a Chelsea shirt that I've actually hated. During his not-brief-enough time at The Bridge, the impression I had was that he considered himself to be too good for us, that he was doing us a massive favour merely by showing his smarmy, arrogant, oh so smackable face.

 
i remember jimmy floyd nearly killing Panucci against leicester..the game after vialli was sacked...

i think jimmy summed up all our feelings!!!!

 
Hmm, slightly controversial to some i am sure but I would put spackman in there, I have video footage of spackers somewhere missing the ball and falling flat on his arse in the Stamford Bridge mud, he was either adequate or absolutely crap at best but always a laugh to watch (never looked like he could run never mind kick a ball)

Last time I saw him play was for the teddy bears of Glasgow (Rangers) and he looked half descent !

I would also of put Rougvie in there, schooled by Alex Ferguson at Aberdeen in being at best a clumsy oaf,(who can forget that classic tackle v Shef Wed that made it 4-4, and Wednesday had some pro crap artists back then, Sterland, Lyons jeez..)

 
Rougvie was a dab hand at own goals.

Sharon Wood was no great player.

Then there was Kevin Wilson.

 
OK had a little time to think of a few dandiesBeasant

Rougvie, Bogarde, Hall, Wickes

Spackman, Laudrup, Sidwell, Boyd

Pizarro, Fleck
Steve Wicks??? He was great in his first spell at Chelsea, though I admit he was past his sell-by date when he returned

Spackman? ditto

Can't argue with your other selections :D

 
I certainly wouldn't Spackers in there. Beasant certainly had his ups and downs but I don't think it elped that Porterfield had the man management skills of David Brent.

I agree with Lauren that Sharon Wood has to be in there and would also nominate Dale Jasper (those two penalties against Sunderland!! - although it does make me feel bad to nominate him as he loves Chelsea) and Alan Dickens.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top