Come Fly With Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fast Eddie

On the Bench
Messages
957
Reaction score
7
Read today the 2 guys that do Come Fly With Me were waiting to see if it had bombed or not, was surprised TBH as we love it in our house, proper LOL and unashamedly politically un-correct... Any one else love it or loathe it and if love it - favourite character?

 
I liked the first episode, but it wasn't great. 2nd episode was poor, but the last two episodes have been hilarious! I love the ginger guy who wants to be a pilot, he's hilarious!

 
I've never seen it, or even heard of it. And I confess that when I saw the title, the first thing that sprang into my mind was this:

LINK

 
The scene with the immigration officer who'd invented a board game was a highlight for me. Also enjoyed the gay guy raising money to take sick children on 'dream holidays' to popular gay destinations. Hit or miss overall, but some very funny sketches, and some embarrassingly unfunny ones.

 
I thought it was a load of old sh*te to be honest, lets not bother with great comedy writing, lets just have a load of stereotyped gays, blacks and foreigners and go for a bit of shock value. I loved the first series of Little Britain, but these two have done nothing of note since then. Same old garbage recycled over and over.

 
Wot dicky said!

The first series of Little Britain was on the radio and was very funny. After that it is just lazy nonsense, repeating the same jokes every week, and sometimes several times in the same show. But it is, apparently, what young people need!

 
I haven't seen Come Fly With Me, but wasn;t something like this done before with Alan Cumming and another bloke, plus the sexy Scottish girl (yes, it's official, there is only ONE sexy Scottish girl and it's not moi) from Cracker? I will have to investigate.

There are aspects of Ricky Gervais I find amusing but in a rather cringy embarrassed way! On a similar note, I was a bit disappointed in the first episode of Episodes with Steven Mangan.

Yes, it was called The High LIfe - his name was Sebastian Flight (shades of Brideshead) and the stewardess was Siobhan Redmond. My recollection of it was that it was wildly unfunny and plugged the gay thing shamelessly.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't seen Come Fly With Me, but wasn;t something like this done before with Alan Cumming and another bloke, plus the sexy Scottish girl (yes, it's official, there is only ONE sexy Scottish girl and it's not moi) from Cracker? I will have to investigate.
The High Life perhaps and the lady Siobhan Redmond

 
Dear God, out of curiosity I have just watched a bit of Come Fly With me on BBC iplayer - it is unspeakably unfunny! Bring back Alan Cumming and The High Life!

 
I thought it was a load of old sh*te to be honest, lets not bother with great comedy writing, lets just have a load of stereotyped gays, blacks and foreigners and go for a bit of shock value. I loved the first series of Little Britain, but these two have done nothing of note since then. Same old garbage recycled over and over.
With you on that DK - seemed like they were more interested in dressing up and make up than writing a half decent script

Bottom of the barrel bolox

 
Hmmm I posted the same thing on a non-football forum and much feedback was positive - interesting. Still, I like the likes of Rhod Gilbert John Bishop and Michael McIntyre, etc, others may like Alan and Jimmy :turd: Carr. Horses for courses eh...

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top