Danny Welbeck

The only thing baffling is that a 35-year-old Danny Welbeck is a better option than Emegha, Delap, and, in some arguments, Jackson.
Jackson cant head the ball. Delap headbutts it, Emegha is moving from Ligue 1.

I saw a number of 25 million... It should be virtually free, unless our owners have a gambling debt that needs paying off.

 
Regardless what the question is our sporting geniuses still think the answer is Brighton.

 
Sky reporting Brighton will allow him to leave as long as their price is met.

Which is like reporting water is wet. Brighton have done this with every single player for years.

 
He's actually still a good player, very well rounded. Keep the price reasonable and this would be a great deal.

 
Not happy with this at all. It’s not as if he’s an elite striker that we’re signing. Hes been relatively average throughout his career.

Brighton won’t sell him cheap either.

 
Not happy with this at all. It’s not as if he’s an elite striker that we’re signing. Hes been relatively average throughout his career.

Brighton won’t sell him cheap either.
He has got better with age. He scored 13 goals last season, including 3 against us. Is well rounded. Very good in the air and is not coming to start. Brings experience and is actually a good striker.

 
He has got better with age. He scored 13 goals last season, including 3 against us. Is well rounded. Very good in the air and is not coming to start. Brings experience and is actually a good striker.
He's aplayer who sadly never hit the hights he could have becasue of injury. My take is that Alonso doesnt think Delap is up tothe job, need experienced cover. If this is an Alonso request, im cool with it, however, 25 million I read somewhere probably BBC, is a sick joke. his contract isnt worth that.

I can see him being a great sub and reserve player for us, if he stays fit.

 
Wtf are we doing? He can certainly still score goals, but f**k me

Brighton again, what is it with our fascination with them.

Watch him score a hattrick against them in our first home game !

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I suppose it’s not been that long since the last episode of nonsense from Blueco.

If Pedro gets injured we will have a 35 year old to rely on.

 
I suppose it’s not been that long since the last episode of nonsense from Blueco.

If Pedro gets injured we will have a 35 year old to rely on.
36 in November.

This would be a stupid signing. This isn't like when we signed Giroud. Giroud was only 31, and had so much more to his game than Welbeck.

I know Welbeck has been better as he has gotten older, but I personally think that is more because Brighton has suited him more than anything else. Take him out of there and I think he becomes that same mediocre player again, but worse because he is older.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Funny enough I was just thinking a 31 year old Giroud would be our perfect alternative to have to Joao Pedro.

 
We got rid of Jackson. We want Welbeck?

I have woken up in an alternate reality.

Do we still play at Stamford Bridge?

 
So this kind of makes sense to me as the back up to the back up (although our back ups are sh!te). But then I turn the TV on and hear that the classless twat that is Tony Bllom is open to the move providing they get what they think he is worth. 35 yo, going into his last year. He should let him go on a free but failing that anything other than a nominal amount and it's a hard pass from me.

 
Im okay with this and gives me a bit more hope seeing Welbeck warming up to help change a game rather than Delap.
Exactly where I am with this.

Welbeck is more useful than Delap if we ever needed a goal.

It's an upgrade IMO.

 
Decent player, but not really the level of player I think would be good for this role, he is nowhere near a Giroud imo.

Not the worst signing.

 
Back
Top