Dario Essugo... welcome to Chelsea

It sounds a lot funnier than it really is, unfortunately.

Any slip after an ACL injury is serious. That goes double after surgery. The knee joint is unstable and even a minor slip can cause re-injury or further injury to the thigh (which happened to Essugo).

I did this to myself in 2016 (innocuous slip on grass) and my dog did it last year, post-CCL surgery, costing me a further $4000 to repair the torn meniscus.
With me it was the hamstring. Had a hamstring graft. Went to pick up a ball then POP. Tore my hamstring.

 
With me it was the hamstring. Had a hamstring graft. Went to pick up a ball then POP. Tore my hamstring.
In 1996 I was hit by a drunk driver. My Femur was shattered and I suffered what they called a corkscrew fracture.

The operation to repair involved stabilisation by way of a dynamic hip screw. The repair was so fragile that I was not able to weigh bear for six months.

About 3 months in I slipped whilst going up the stairs grounding my foot sent a shock up through my leg and ultimately resulted in further corrective surgery.

Ok it’s not quite what is being talked about but repairing by way of surgery does leave you open to further injuries and sometimes it’s impossible to not expose the original injury to further trauma.

I had to give away my 1997 because I was still on crutches( well sell it) Cup final ticket the only saving grace I had a double bet to win 2-0 and Robbi to score . !

 
Last edited by a moderator:
In 1996 I was hit by a drunk driver. My Femur was shattered and I suffered what they called a corkscrew fracture.

The operation to repair involved stabilisation by way of a dynamic hip screw. The repair was so fragile that I was not able to weigh bear for six months.

About 3 months in I slipped whilst going up the stairs grounding my foot sent a shock up through my leg and ultimately resulted in further corrective surgery.

Ok it’s not quite what is being talked about but repairing by way of surgery does leave you open to further injuries and sometimes it’s impossible to not expose the original injury to further trauma.

I had to give away my 1997 because I was still on crutches( well sell it) Cup final ticket the only saving grace I had a double bet to win 2-0 and Robbi to score . !
You win: this is a bigger ouch than the $4,000 vet bill 😖

 
Along the theme of don't care. I don't care if Lavia is also out Moi and Enzo need rests so James alongside Santos and someone else in the 10 vs Wolves please.

 
Good news. He can join Guiu and Josh in the quest for most arse splinters !
If both he and Lavia can stay fit, they ought to get some games the rest of the season. Caicedo has looked like he could do with a rest recently.

 
If both he and Lavia can stay fit, they ought to get some games the rest of the season. Caicedo has looked like he could do with a rest recently.
The theory is good, but the medical team don't seem to have had much to say about running Caicedo into the ground this season, and the same for Fernandez and Cucurella (who they have already now broken of course). So I expect that Caicedo will continue to play, with Essugo on the bench, possibly to get 5 minutes at the end of a game if we need to bring on an inexperienced midfielder to hold on to a one goal lead !

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Is he capable of being fit? Nope not yet, when he is he can earn his place in the side. Stay fit and challenge... until then, another player who'll never see the first team and is a flippable asset. See ya whatever your name is.

 
Thought he played well when he came on especially considering it's his first game since August, came on and grabbed 2 assists. First one especially was quality:


 
If only we had a medical team to tell us who and when people should play……. Oops. Can we now put this bo**ocks to bed……. Oh but the stats say?

 
If he and Lavia can stay fit we will have brilliant options for central midfield.

I like what I’ve seen from him so far however briefly.

 
Is he injured again? Doesn’t seem to have been involved in the last couple of squads, unless I’m mistaken.

 
Needs a loan by the looks of it. Spending a year out Injured/not playing has set him back. Would be good if there is a PL club that would play him.

 
Not impressed by him today. Physically he looks the part but got shrugged of the ball too easily for my liking. And his first touch was poor as well.

Early days, but 5 out of 10 for that performance.

 
Caicedo arguably the only player that looks competent enough to start in the middle of the park, which is impressive considering how much we've spent

 
Back
Top