Dario Essugo... welcome to Chelsea

chelseablueboy

'Vinyl is the future'
Messages
3,042
Reaction score
866
According to the official site we have just signed this young Portugese midfielder...
Looks promising, but hey.. That's Youtube. !

 
200.gif


 
According to the official site we have just signed this young Portugese midfielder...
Looks promising, but hey.. That's Youtube. !
The official site has all the pace of @just marking Teddy Sheringham. We signed him months ago.

 
This is on the official site ??
He can't have been signed months ago ?? Am i going mad lol...

3 hour ago3h ago19:11

Chelsea sign Sporting youngster EssugoChelsea have completed the signing of Sporting Lisbon youngster Dario Essugo.

Chelsea are paying £18.5m with no add-ons.

Essugo, 20, was a regular in LaLiga at Las Palmas last season and previously broke the record Sporting's youngest-ever player.

The Portugal Under-21 international joins on an eight-year deal, until 2033.

 
This is on the official site ??
He can't have been signed months ago ?? Am i going mad lol...

3 hour ago3h ago19:11

Chelsea sign Sporting youngster EssugoChelsea have completed the signing of Sporting Lisbon youngster Dario Essugo.

Chelsea are paying £18.5m with no add-ons.

Essugo, 20, was a regular in LaLiga at Las Palmas last season and previously broke the record Sporting's youngest-ever player.

The Portugal Under-21 international joins on an eight-year deal, until 2033.
It was announced at the same time as the Quenda deal. Essugo to join officially this summer and Quenda next summer. This lad is meant to be part of the squad for the coming season and is meant to be going to the CWC with us.

 
I’d like to think he stays, and we have five options in Caicedo, Enzo, Lavia, Santos and Essugo. But that’s also as I’d like to see a 3 man midfield more often, with Palmer RW, Estevao LW, and let’s say Delap thru the middle!

But can see Essugo or Santos losing out here. Where would Essugo loan though - he’s coming from a pretty big club as it is.

Anyway, welcome! Can’t wait to see him play.

 
I’d like to think he stays, and we have five options in Caicedo, Enzo, Lavia, Santos and Essugo. But that’s also as I’d like to see a 3 man midfield more often, with Palmer RW, Estevao LW, and let’s say Delap thru the middle!

But can see Essugo or Santos losing out here. Where would Essugo loan though - he’s coming from a pretty big club as it is.

Anyway, welcome! Can’t wait to see him play.
He was on loan for las palmas last season and im certain he goes out on loan again.

Wouldn't be surprised if we never see him play for chelsea

 
It was announced at the same time as the Quenda deal. Essugo to join officially this summer and Quenda next summer. This lad is meant to be part of the squad for the coming season and is meant to be going to the CWC with us.
I thought Essugo was a new signing as well, and now I'm thinking Who the f**k is Quenda.

 
Quenda is our latest generational talent.........🙄
Haha - indeed !

I get that he is young, but he's just played nearly 3,000 minutes for the team that won the ("weak") league and that also had a decent run in the Champions League, and with the most prolific striker in Europe alongside him ... and he's registered 5 assists LOL.

 
Another signing I can’t wrap my head around. He wasn’t good enough to start for Sporting so he was loaned out to Las Palmas one of the worst teams in La Liga. We have now paid £18m for him to be Caicedo’s backup. At 20yrs old and only 58 first team appearances he is clearly not ready to play regularly for a top team, he needs at least 2 seasons of top level football to get up to speed. Caicedo isn’t someone you take off at 75min, so I don’t understand where he will see game time.

A well run team won’t have made this signing, would have prioritised Ugochukwu who is a year older, and with 98 first team appearances well ahead of Essugo development wise. Seems to be a trend with the club just stockpiling players without thinking about their development.

 
A well run team won’t have made this signing, would have prioritised Ugochukwu who is a year older, and with 98 first team appearances well ahead of Essugo development wise. Seems to be a trend with the club just stockpiling players without thinking about their development.
I can guarantee the directors have forgotten he exists. They sign a player, then a few months later they are onto the next "big thing" and couldn't give a sh*t about the last one they signed. Squad is absolutely full of them.

 
Another player to add to the bought to sell on for profit but will sell for a loss list.

 
I can guarantee the directors have forgotten he exists. They sign a player, then a few months later they are onto the next "big thing" and couldn't give a sh*t about the last one they signed. Squad is absolutely full of them.
Surely sooner or later it has to become an inhibitor to further recruitment ?

They talk about developing young players but seem to have precious little appetite or patience for doing so, and zero recognition for the important role that more senior players might play in that process.

 
I think he’s a good player tbh.

Will help close games out and feature in the cup games I’d imagine.

 
I think he’s a good player tbh.

Will help close games out and feature in the cup games I’d imagine.
We own so many players and have an entire youth academy that can fill that role though, we don't need to be spending another £18m on a nobody.

 
Back
Top