Dastan Satpaev

I understand he's been looking good ?

For him to start anyway at his age is a great achievement for the lad , I hope we see him at the Bridge sooner rather than later,

How's he doing tonight?
Very good. He's a class above the rest of Burnley's dross. I still can't fathom why he was sent there.

 
Very good. He's a class above the rest of Burnley's dross. I still can't fathom why he was sent there.
I dont see the problem. Watched three of their games and I agree - he's been their best player and is quickly gaining popularity with their fans.

Being a key player in the championship is surely better for his development right now than sitting on the bench for a PL team, even if they are a bit of a shambles at the moment

 
Theres a 3 minute clip of his activity during the game at Burnley last night ...Ive seen shorter reviews of a player covering a full season. To say he was busy would be an understatement. RW LW CF a litte deeper , but very little defensively haha


 
Last edited by a moderator:
His dribbling/ball carrying is weird, he seems to drag the ball under his feet.

 
I dont see the problem. Watched three of their games and I agree - he's been their best player and is quickly gaining popularity with their fans.

Being a key player in the championship is surely better for his development right now than sitting on the bench for a PL team, even if they are a bit of a shambles at the moment
My issue isn't with the fact that it's a Championship club. It's a level that will do him the world of good. It's Burnley, a poorly run club and likely candidates for relegation. There were other, better run clubs capable of providing him with a healthier environment.

 
His dribbling/ball carrying is weird, he seems to drag the ball under his feet.
I know he's been compared to Aguero but that clip against Middlesbrough reminds me so much of young Rooney or Tevez. The kind of forward you just deploy up front and they cover all three positions. Blows past defenders with either strength, speed or just streetwise skill. Equally likely to nutmeg you or chop you down. Will look 35 at age 24 and will be in their mid-50s at 30.

 
My issue isn't with the fact that it's a Championship club. It's a level that will do him the world of good. It's Burnley, a poorly run club and likely candidates for relegation. There were other, better run clubs capable of providing him with a healthier environment.
Fair enough, a stable environment is always a good thing. I think as long as he plays though, its all valuable experience. And the way he's started, there is no way a new manager comes in and stops playing him so I think he'll be fine

 
From the BBC football site last night...

Player of the match

Number: 12

D. Satpaev

Average rating

7.18

 
I know he's been compared to Aguero but that clip against Middlesbrough reminds me so much of young Rooney or Tevez. The kind of forward you just deploy up front and they cover all three positions. Blows past defenders with either strength, speed or just streetwise skill. Equally likely to nutmeg you or chop you down. Will look 35 at age 24 and will be in their mid-50s at 30.
Yeah, has lots of very good qualities at a young age and especially as he's playing in an unfamiliar league and a new club

Rooney, although familiar with the PL and was playing for Everton, was just 16 when he scored THAT goal v Arsenal, but he had the build and look of someone much.older.

Our lad is looking good though, hope this loan doesn't hold him back, he needs to develop into a PL player. Not sure Burnley was the best place for that to happen, hopefully the club won't let him stay there if it's not good for him

 
Injured for a few weeks

And they've signed Jamie Vardy.

Not sure how I feel about that, positive??

 
Injured for a few weeks

And they've signed Jamie Vardy.

Not sure how I feel about that, positive??
Looks like a hamstring? I wonder if the club bring him back to Cobham for treatment?

 
Looks like a hamstring? I wonder if the club bring him back to Cobham for treatment?
I dont think they bring loans back if its just a tweak or pull and out for a few weeks, its usually if its more serious.

 
From the "Burnley Express" ....vvv

"Dastan Satpayev is facing “weeks” on the sidelines for Burnley after picking up an injury.

The Chelsea loanee has been the standout performer for the Clarets so far this season and was a big miss during Saturday’s 2-1 defeat to Bristol City."

 
Considering he's not even playing in his position at striker it's good to hear he's been their best player

 
Back
Top