R
RFC_CFC
Guest
I agree with that, he is a really good player and I was at Hampden the night he tore Scotland to shreds single handily but it just didn't happen at Chelsea...maybe we didn't give him enough time ect but at least we got a great deal out of it.Can't argue with the business, we made a nice profit there.
That's true but Schurrle's naturally more of a goalscorer whereas De Bruyne has more to offer in terms of creative ability. KDB might not have the physical tools that Schurrle has (height, speed) but he's got a far better range of passing and in terms of natural footballing instinct and talent - being able to spot the correct pass etc - KDB has much more. As a result, he can play in pretty much any of the AM positions and perhaps even in midfield in the future.
I've watched the Bundesliga highlights show every Monday for the last 18 months and have seen plenty of clips to support this.
I know that you'll all be thinking 'where was all this then at CFC?', and rightfully so. KDB didn't produce in the limited opportunities that he was given. But as I said before, the difference betwee KDB and the other AM's (except for Mata, apparently) was that they were prepared to knuckle down and fight for their place, whilst KDB seemingly didn't get 'it'. A lack of maturity was what cost KDB his chance, not a lack of talent.