Deadline Day Drama

Zeta

Members AF
Messages
24,700
Reaction score
11,408
Would it be better to have 1 thread for deadline day, rather than spreading things out across all the Random Rumours, individual rumours, board critcisms, etc.. topics?

So far this is our business on deadline day:

OUT

Jordan Houghton - Doncaster Rovers (Loan)

IN

LINKED WITH

Danny Drinkwater
Rihad Mharez
Fernando Llorente
Ross Barkley

 
Latest rumours:

- Spurs to swoop in and steal Llorente, by offering more money
- Barkley would prefer Spurs to Chelsea
- Batshyaui may look for a loan deal
- Liverpool still in for Van Dijk and Lemar, as well as Oxlade-CHamberlain
- Chelsea and Man Utd interested in Sagna

 
I expect heartbreak.

I think we'll sign one player. Drinkwater or Llorente.

What we really need though is two wingbacks, or at least one that could play on both sides(Oxlade..). And that i don't think we'll bet able to get.

 
Costa to Atletico for £49m re BBC gossip page, seems a bit too good in contrast to previous rumours.

I've been hoping for while we had signings under wraps just waiting to announce today, fingers crossed that is so.

If not Conte's next press conference will be interesting.

 
I bloody love transfer deadline day!  Just for the drama, I'm not massively optimistic unfortunately.

I would be very happy with Drinkwater and Mahrez, very very happy actually.  Mahrez would be in my opinion a great addition and Drinkwater a good midfield option as we do need backup there.  Don't think we need Llorente when we have Batshuayi.  However if he wants to go on loan we will need someone; recall Tammy!

What are people's opinions on Sagna?!

I also don't get why so many players seem to be preferring other clubs over Chelsea.  They must know with our thin squad they'd get minutes here.

 
I bloody love transfer deadline day!  Just for the drama, I'm not massively optimistic unfortunately.

I would be very happy with Drinkwater and Mahrez, very very happy actually.  Mahrez would be in my opinion a great addition and Drinkwater a good midfield option as we do need backup there.  Don't think we need Llorente when we have Batshuayi.  However if he wants to go on loan we will need someone; recall Tammy!

What are people's opinions on Sagna?!

I also don't get why so many players seem to be preferring other clubs over Chelsea.  They must know with our thin squad they'd get minutes here.
One theory someone posted on reddit was that because we're not paying the huge agent fees other clubs are, that agents are making life difficult for us, buy convincing their players to go elsewhere.

 
Would have to be a new thing because we had no qualms paying Hazards agent. 

Another rumour is that people just don't want to be a bench player for Conte because he doesn't rotate. But if you read rumours you'd actually want to off yourself.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
One theory someone posted on reddit was that because we're not paying the huge agent fees other clubs are, that agents are making life difficult for us, buy convincing their players to go elsewhere.
In a way I like that we're not succumbing to agents bullsh*t, but at the same time, we need players!!

 
It is literally like as soon as Chelsea say they are interested in a player and getting an offer ready, another club swoop in just because they can, or that they are desperate for Chelsea not to sign anyone just for the sake of it.

 
Yeah... these are the players we've failed to sign.

Walker, Danilo, Mendy, Lukaku, Chamberlain, Llorente, Aurier, Sanches, Krchyowiak. They all went to different premier league clubs. There's also surperb footballers who are available - Sanchez and VVD! I have no doubt they'll go to a different English club.

I'm so frustrated! Don't get me started on the outgoings!

 
It may be just a play to up the asking price but then again it could be just the media looking for clicks.

 
Im not feeling optimistic on anyone. I thought we'd get Llorente quite easily today but now we're in a war with Spurs. 

 
i'm not overly fussed about llorente whether he comes or not. it's not exactly a position which needs most cover anyway. 

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top