DEDICATIONS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't go back to bed without leaving a song for Virosh - it's not a Bulgarian one, it's another Irish one, from a few years ago.

 
And here's my dedication to you moi:

It's not so much about the lyrics, but more about the general mood and because it's an interesting mix as it's sung by a person from India, yet it sounds (at least to me)like a French song, even if it's sun in English and it's one of these timeless songs. The video ends before the song ends, but I liked that television performance, so that's what I went with. Do not take all the lyrics literally, just parts of it, because for some reason I could easily picture you as part of the European jet set scene... :angry:

 
Thanks moi...but why this particular song/video? :lol:
I had a vague recollection that in a previous music thread you'd said you liked it.

I LOVE the Peter Sarstedt song - he is supposed to have written it specifically for someone but I can't remember who - I must research that!

Moi - part of the European jet set? :angry:

 
Here's one I'm sending on Val's behalf to the REAL Carlo

 
I had a vague recollection that in a previous music thread you'd said you liked it.
Not quite... :turd:

I had never heard the song before you posted the video in this thread. ;)

 
Not quite... :turd: I had never heard the song before you posted the video in this thread. ;)
How odd! My memory is obviously just inventing things for me to remember! I will find another. I'm also struggling with Clubhappy - what do you play for a man who spends his whole working life playing records for others?

 
Last edited by a moderator:
How odd! My memory is obviously just inventing things for me to remember! I will find another. I'm also struggling with Clubhappy - what do you play for a man who spends his whole working life playing records for others?
Surely something like Hey Boy, Hey Girl, with the line following being 'superstar DJ, here we go'. Or if you wanted something more subtle, you could go for Veridis Quo by Daft Punk.

 
I'm also struggling with Clubhappy - what do you play for a man who spends his whole working life playing records for others?
I reckon "Panic" by The Smiths might not be a very good idea... ;)

 
Thanks moi...but why this particular song/video? ;)
The Search button does have a use! This is what I found;

"The Breeders - Last Splash

To me it's better than anything Frank Black ever did after Pixies. Haven't heard them all, though. Good songs and great memories anyway. " is what you said in the Best Albums of the 90's thread. I remembered the title - just got the wrong band! So I was half right - sort of!

 
remembered the title - just got the wrong band!
Ok, I see. You know, the name "Last Splash" did make me think of The Breeders, but I'd forgotten that I'd posted that comment about the album here.

I do agree with myself about it, though. :turd:

To me it is one of the best albums of the '90s and I'd like to add that Kim Deal has one of the best voices in rock. She may not be the best singer in the classical sense and she may not have the best singing technique out there, but that voice just gives me goosebumps...in a good way. ;)

 
Here's one for Yorkleyblue - who would probably not have been averse to getting lost in France with Bonnie Tyler

 
This is the song Clubhappy should play at the end of his very last gig:

N.B. sorry, had to edit it, because it out up the wrong one!

 
Last edited by a moderator:
And one that I think Mike O will like (unless my memory has messed me about again!)

 
What else could it be for Ballack and Blu but this:

 
Here's another one fopr Maksimov - I've chosen this one for you, Maks, because you appreciated the beauty of the Peter Sarstedt lyrics, so I think you'll like these lyrics.

 
This is for MadMac - memories of home!
Struggling to find something for the Oeuf McCroissant! Help needed here!
Cheers Moi, to be honest I've seen Runrig a few times, one at a brilliant big outdoor festival, mainly taken along by my dad. Funilly, and no way you knew this, but Runrig actually used footage of two of my uncles (both since passed on) crofting out on Tiree. I'm sure it'll be on youtube somewhere

 
Maksimov. I've heard that song so many times, and it is used nicely in The Darjeerling Limited, but I never knew the bloke was Indian, I always thought he was French too.

Merci

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top