Dennis Wise.

I always look at posts like this and think "who wouldn't remember him?"

Then I remember I'm pushing 40.

Thanks for that!

 
I always thought it was a bit of a shame how it was often overlooked how good a footballer he was, he was seen as a niggly nasty clogger at times by idiotic fans.

He was outstanding on the ball, superb passer and tackler.

Horrible as well, obviously, but he was our horrible....loved Wisey.
Although he'd be a walking red-card in this VAR era, he would very much be a perfect modern no 6. 

 
  • Like
Reactions: dkw
On 22/07/2024 at 00:51, Scott said:

Before JT Wisey was my #1 favorite player. Do anyone of you remember Wisey?


I was in the San Siro when he scored a " f**king great goal" about 25 years (?) ago !

Loved him, I know someone who visited the old training ground at Harlington, said Wisey went out of his way to make them welcome etc.

 
I was in the San Siro when he scored a " f**king great goal" about 25 years (?) ago !

Loved him, I know someone who visited the old training ground at Harlington, said Wisey went out of his way to make them welcome etc.
I was at the San Siro that night as well RS. The "Spectaculo" that the Milan ultras put on for the return of Marcel Desailly was just that ........ spectacular. Other memories of that night, remember watching him fly down the left wing and thinking that Shevchenko was actually quicker than me in my car,  and of course the "f**kin great goal". Glorious night.

 
I was at the San Siro that night as well RS. The "Spectaculo" that the Milan ultras put on for the return of Marcel Desailly was just that ........ spectacular. Other memories of that night, remember watching him fly down the left wing and thinking that Shevchenko was actually quicker than me in my car,  and of course the "f**kin great goal". Glorious night.
Hi. Yeah, I'd forgotten that..Desailly ran to their fans before kick off  to acknowledge their display for him.

The banner read " Marcel forever in our hearts".. apparently.

I recall him putting his own hand over his heart.

We had seats onthe halfway line, got a load of sh*t lobbed at us from the tier above when we scored.

 
Love Wisey then, and still do.

What a cracking little player he was. Fight, aggression, finesse, vision. Feel Enzo could learn a lot from Wisey.

The incident at Leicester was stupid and ill judged,  but so was the pissed up argument and gambling that preceded it. He also had a barney with Robbie Savage, who didnt like the fact that Wisey gave Savage a sextoy/dildo for a gift.... Hilarious, and of the times....

His goal in Milan, the pinch of the Butt, the leadership and penalties.... Love the man.

 
Song of the Day for Dennis is Finley Quaye 'Broadcast' -

With the lyrics. . .

Faith love and charity

No Glenn hoddle
No supermodel
No Dennis wise
With his home and away eyes
-----------

You would have to say that Dennis does have 'home and away eyes' 😄

 
I always look at posts like this and think "who wouldn't remember him?"

Then I remember I'm pushing 40.

Thanks for that!
Yeah coffin dodger myself... big player for us, ran the show for long while but a bit nasty... young ones think of Ramsay Bolton (GOT) and you get the picture 😁

 
Love Wisey then, and still do.

What a cracking little player he was. Fight, aggression, finesse, vision. Feel Enzo could learn a lot from Wisey.

The incident at Leicester was stupid and ill judged,  but so was the pissed up argument and gambling that preceded it. He also had a barney with Robbie Savage, who didnt like the fact that Wisey gave Savage a sextoy/dildo for a gift.... Hilarious, and of the times....

His goal in Milan, the pinch of the Butt, the leadership and penalties.... Love the man.
And people forget Wisey also scored one of the most memorable goals ever in an England shirt. Waaay better than Barnes' dribble against Brazil. Waay better than Beckham's freekick against Greece. Waay better than Gazza's up and over volley against men in kilts.....




 
48 minutes ago, just said:

And people forget Wisey also scored one of the most memorable goals ever in an England shirt. Waaay better than Barnes' dribble against Brazil. Waay better than Beckham's freekick against Greece. Waay better than Gazza's up and over volley against men in kilts.....


Classic FF

 
Dennis wise has been released from Como.  Seems like he was pushed out.  I wonder if the new Chelsea regime has a job for him?

 
Back
Top