Denying a Champions League Spot for the Fourth-Placed Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

mickyg

Youth Team
Messages
272
Reaction score
1
Assuming we are not going to be in the top four this season, then one very nice side-benefit of winning the Champtions League would be that the fourth-placed team would be denied a place in next year's CL.

It would be such a laugh!

Who would you most like to deny?

 
Spuds, that would be brilliant.

 
Spuds is the obvious choice but Arsenal would be equally good for me.

That scenario would actually be better than us finishing 4th I think....

 
Arsenal would be hilarious, seeing as they base their whole successes on finishing 4th

 
The best scenario for me would be for Newcastle to finish 3rd and Arsenal & Spurs to share 4th and 5th so both of them would miss out. Oh please, please, please...................

 
I've been dreaming of screwing over Spurs in this manner for the past month and a bit.

It would keep a smile on my face throughout the summer.

 
If we denied the Spuds or worse Newcastle we would be the number 1 most hated organisation on the planet since Al Qaeda (that's if we aren't already).

I'd like to deny the Spuds but part of me would kill to see Wenger have a hissy fit over it and then RVP to pack off to Barca

 
I'd almost feel a little bad if it was Newcastle - as they have had a cracking season and have overachieved ridiculously and probably deserve 4th all things considered.

If it was Spurs, it'd literally be the best outcome ever..

 
I'd almost feel a little bad if it was Newcastle - as they have had a cracking season and have overachieved ridiculously and probably deserve 4th all things considered.

If it was Spurs, it'd literally be the best outcome ever..
my thoughts exactly

 
Would feel somewhat guilty to deny Newcastle (because they've been brilliant, on the pitch and off the pitch, with their recruitment)...but if it was Spurs, I would laugh my ass off, or Arsenal for that matter.

That said, would take 2 Herculean performances on our part to make any scenario happen. I do think it's unlikely we'll recover to 4th

 
Just thinking.......In the 2006-2007 tournament wasn't there 5 teams let through after Liverpool won it the year before? I think Everton held 4th but were still let into the competition?

 
I would cry with happiness if we denied Arsenal the Champions League. I want this to happen so so so so so so baddddd

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top