Diego Costa and Cesc Fabregas

The quicker Costa is gone the better, that's all I have to say about him.

Cesc is the only player we have who can do what he does, the trouble is he doesn't do it all of the time, or rather he isn't allowed to do it all of the time, especially against the top teams when we have very little possession.

I wouldn't be upset if both were to leave if we are going to rebuild the team with a new manager at the helm.
Must really upset you that Cesc is doing well right. Dont worry, Im sure hes going to have a poor game soon and you can continue slagging him off every time he touches the ball

 
Benzema? Really? He is no improvement over Costa. He scored last season 19 goals in La Liga, his best season scored 21, and in one of the dominant teams in La Liga. Even more, if you speak to many R Madrid supporters they'll tell you that he lacks hot blood and intensity. I rather keep Costa.

With respect to Fabregas, I don't even contemplate the possibility of selling one of the players with most quality and vision of the game.

 
On MOTD yesterday, they shown a highlight of Costa scoring against Southampton. Looking at him then and looking at him now you can see just how much weight he has put on. He's lost a lot of what he put on but it just shows that he still has a few more pounds to lose to get back to his weight when he joined us.

 
Benzema? Really? He is no improvement over Costa. He scored last season 19 goals in La Liga, his best season scored 21, and in one of the dominant teams in La Liga. Even more, if you speak to many R Madrid supporters they'll tell you that he lacks hot blood and intensity. I rather keep Costa.

With respect to Fabregas, I don't even contemplate the possibility of selling one of the players with most quality and vision of the game.
Benzena is a better finisher and forward than Costa. His record is bloody good. I don't even know what that is against starts made and Ronaldo takes pens and free kicks.

Benzema is a world class forward, whether he is built for the prem I'm not sure but Chelsea won't get him anyway.

 
People talking about selling DC have lost the plot. We have no chance of getting anyone in as a replacement anywhere near his level. There are only a few I would swap him for and they are out of our league.

Cesc has been in great nic the last couple of months

 
After Costa incorrectly penalised with the yellow, I was thinking - he's either going to score the winner and taunt the sh1t out of opponents, or getting send off for a bad kick. Fortunately he picked himself up and created the equaliser from nothing, that's something! Cesc was hassled the whole game, but as soon as they dropped off with the pressing, his impact just lifted. We could call that a lucky goal, but that was a great ball. Hazard could have nicked it in if he meets the ball, could be an OG with defender rushing back, and he got the best outcome with the goal registered to his name.

The bad form and attitude problems are things of past now, we need to keep both for seasons to come.

 
Benzena is a better finisher and forward than Costa. His record is bloody good. I don't even know what that is against starts made and Ronaldo takes pens and free kicks.

Benzema is a world class forward, whether he is built for the prem I'm not sure but Chelsea won't get him anyway.
Benzema a better finisher and forward than Costa?. Pls this is highly wrong.
 
Benzema a better finisher and forward than Costa?. Pls this is highly wrong.
I totally agree. We are talking about a team that has an average of 19 shots per game (for comparison, we have about 13 shots per game). I'm not saying he is bad, I'm just saying he is no improvement over Costa, and we'd get very frustrated with him at Stamford Bridge because he hasn't got the pace we want to see in our players.

 
Benzema has considerably more pace than Costa who is pretty slow.

I don’ think he’d do much better than Costa here though, always thought he was a bit overrated myself.

 
Costa is not a natural finisher, well I just don't think so anyway. I look at Longs goal at the weekend, poor mistake by Baba but the finish was quality. Players like Aguero and Cavani have it.

Costa is more of 6 yard box finisher to me but what's really frustrating is he spends most of the match not being there.

 
Benzema has considerably more pace than Costa who is pretty slow.

I don’ think he’d do much better than Costa here though, always thought he was a bit overrated myself.
I agree about Benzema being overrated. Personally feel Costa does a lot more than Benzema. But Karim does have the disadvantage of playing in a team where everyone is expected to pass to Ronaldo who shoots at will.
 
Benzema has considerably more pace than Costa who is pretty slow.

I don’ think he’d do much better than Costa here though, always thought he was a bit overrated myself.
Yes, he can run, when he wants. He hasn't got any blood, lacks intensity in his play and he is totally overrated.

Look at the opinions of the R. Madrid supporters in their forum (in Spanish):

http://fororealmadrid.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=12810&start=38580

They are really angry at him and would be happy to see him go. Benzefail, Benzemeow and other nick names.

 
Costa is not a natural finisher, well I just don't think so anyway. I look at Longs goal at the weekend, poor mistake by Baba but the finish was quality. Players like Aguero and Cavani have it.

Costa is more of 6 yard box finisher to me but what's really frustrating is he spends most of the match not being there.
Costa is a natural finisher, because he is at the right place at the right time ( isn't that suppose to naturally be a striker's instinct) does mean he isn't effective outside the box. You forget he once played behind Falcao at AM. Your logic faults players like Inzaghi, Crespo, Nistelrooy, Shevchenko et al because they were players in similar mould.
 
Yes, he can run, when he wants. He hasn't got any blood, lacks intensity in his play and he is totally overrated.

Look at the opinions of the R. Madrid supporters in their forum (in Spanish):

http://fororealmadrid.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=12810&start=38580

They are really angry at him and would be happy to see him go. Benzefail, Benzemeow and other nick names.
Real Madrid fans are spoilt little pricks.

They turn on everyone so I'm not going to go on what those muppets say.

 
Scoring from 6 yards out is no bad thing and I'm not slating that. I would actually regard Crespo and Sheva as natural finishers.

A natural finisher is like using Long as an example at the weekend. 1 chance 1 goal. I couldn't see Costa doing that or maybe I could but the out of 10 chances it would be low.

My logic doesn't fault because the amount of times Costa goes onto the left, falls over his feet or has the touch of Mr Bean is stupid. He is a fighter and defiantly when Mourinho was there it was like he was scared of the 6 yard box.

 
Most of Ruud v. Nistelrooy's goals were tapped in from 6 yards out or poached. Not necessarily a bad thing.

 
Costa is not a natural finisher, well I just don't think so anyway. I look at Longs goal at the weekend, poor mistake by Baba but the finish was quality. Players like Aguero and Cavani have it.

Costa is more of 6 yard box finisher to me but what's really frustrating is he spends most of the match not being there.
I don't believe Cavani is a natural finisher & certainly wouldnt put him in the bracket of Aguero

Bringing in Cavani for Costa-I just don't see it as an upgrade 

 
I don't believe Cavani is a natural finisher & certainly wouldnt put him in the bracket of Aguero

Bringing in Cavani for Costa-I just don't see it as an upgrade 
The hype around Cavani seems to have diminished a lot since he went to psg. 

 
I think costa is a natural goalscorer but he does lack a little finesse or composure at times, and he can be really clumsy with the ball at his feet.

Really like benzema, I don't think his career has been helped by playing alongside ronaldo, and I think he would find another level if he came to the prem, but id be wary of replacing costa for benzema, as costa has proved himself on the prem already, and he is capable dragging us into back into games, which I'm not sure benzema has in his locker.

It would nice to have them both if we played 2 up top more often, as I think it would be a very good partnership.

 
Back
Top