Dinamo Zagreb v Chelsea (CL) Tues 6th Sep 2022 17:45 GMT

coco

Retired Moderator
Messages
26,043
Reaction score
16,686
asassd.JPG

EARLY

200.gif


 
Last edited by a moderator:
Has to be Kovacic and Zakaria in the midfield. Has. To. Be.

 
I would assume that all of Jorginho, Mount and Havertz were being rested with this game in mind. Consequently, all of them presumably start.

I also think this is an opportunity to try out Mount behind Havertz and Broja. Rest Silva, Mendy and Sterling. Azpilicueta at wing-back if James can't start twice in a couple of weeks. No idea who is fit to partner Jorginho in midfield - would assume it will be Loftus-Cheek again. 

@Gol15 The commentators for the West Ham game mentioned that there were some complications with Zakaria's work permit. I have no idea whether or not that's true, but it could be a factor. I also have no idea about his match fitness.

 
Assuming Zakaria has his permit in order I hope for heavy rotation.

Silva and Mendy should stay home.

Kepa

Dave

Fofana

Koulibaly 

Cucurella

Gallagher

Zakaria 

Ziyech

Havertz

Pulisic

Broja

 
Hmmm… Quoting a job on Monday that I was hoping to do after work (4pm) on the Tuesday but it potentially could take me 2 hours. Decisions to be made!
Miss the first 15 minutes, or give the customer the quickest spiel ever.

 
I dont think there will be that much rotation. Champions league games are important. I could see Chalobah coming in for Silva and I could see an Albanian starting in Zagreb. Its more time together and not more rotation that is needed right now.

Sterling Broja and Havertz looks the best front 3 presently available.

Other than that no changes.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I dont think there will be that much rotation. Champions league games are important. I could see Chalobah coming in for Silva and I could see an Albanian starting in Zagreb. Its more time together and not more rotation that is needed right now.

Sterling Broja and Havertz looks the best front 3 presently available.

Other than that no changes.
They are but apparently our opponents are not very good.

 
They are but apparently our opponents are not very good.
Coming first in Croatian league easily.  They seem to have a new 20 year old forward Orsic with 5 goals and 4 assists already. They will be at home. 
so yeah all we have to do is turn up and they will just let us walk all over them. 

 
I was curious as to whether we would be forced to leave anyone out of the Champions League squad. According to this we had to submit our 25-man CL squad list by 2nd September (although they don't seem to have been announced anywhere).

Looks like our current squad (according to Wiki) is 25 men exactly, and has more than enough 'locally-trained players' (8 minimum are required to get the full allocation of 25 players). At least 2 of the 25 are also required to be goalkeepers, of which we have 3:

List A

"Locally-trained players"

1 Loftus-Cheek
2 Chalobah
3 Sterling
4 Mount
5 Chilwell
6 Gallagher
7 James
8 Broja
9 Chukwuemeka
10 Bettinelli (GK)

11 Kepa (GK)
12 Mendy (GK)
13 Jorginho
14 Silva
15 Kovačić
16 Kanté
17 Aubameyang
18 Pulisic
19 Zakaria
20 Ziyech
21 Koulibaly
22 Azpilicueta
23 Havertz
24 Cucurella
25 Fofana

 
Think we've learned by now that Tuchel takes the CL seriously. No matter the opponent. 

That being said, I would very much like to see this. 

Kepa​

James Fofana Koulibaly Cucurella​

Zakaria  Kovacic​

Gallagher                    Sterling​

Havertz    Broja​
 
Famous last words?
Maybe Val, we will soon see 😉

Coming first in Croatian league easily.  They seem to have a new 20 year old forward Orsic with 5 goals and 4 assists already. They will be at home. 
so yeah all we have to do is turn up and they will just let us walk all over them. 
Let's be fair our first choice side has gone to Everton, played sh*t and fluked a win, gone to Leeds and Saints and bended over for them.

The first choice players are not a sure thing, is the lineup I submitted so bad in comparison?

 
Coming first in Croatian league easily.  They seem to have a new 20 year old forward Orsic with 5 goals and 4 assists already. They will be at home. 
so yeah all we have to do is turn up and they will just let us walk all over them. 
19 year old attacking mid Baturina will go for big money probably next summer. Dinamo is in form right now and  Chelsea is not. Would not surprise me if Dinamo get a good result in this game. 

 
Give Kepa a game to see where he's at, Borja to get a start, leave Silva at home , give James a bit of rest if we could afford it. With CL group stage, you want a good start and wrap it up as early as possible, so expect Tuchel to go with a strong team.

 
Maybe Val, we will soon see 😉

Let's be fair our first choice side has gone to Everton, played sh*t and fluked a win, gone to Leeds and Saints and bended over for them.

The first choice players are not a sure thing, is the lineup I submitted so bad in comparison?
ah it wasn't the team it was the "not very good" thing that I noticed. Should be a fun game in zagreb.

 
ah it wasn't the team it was the "not very good" thing that I noticed. Should be a fun game in zagreb.
I asked about them when the draw was made and someone replied they are pretty horrible, so I guess we will see of they are right.

They are the 4th seeds and of we plan on qualifying we need to beat them home and away. Salzburg present a real Banana skin imo, this group may be quite tricky given our form.

I am convinced the side I suggested will not only give Silva rest but will come home with the 3 points and hopefully goals for Broja and Havertz.

We need this win and to beat Fulham to pick up some momentum, get a few wins on the Trott before we face Pool and invariably either draw or lose that one.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top