blizeH
First Team Regular
- Messages
- 3,604
- Reaction score
- 11
Just a random musing from my post in the Torres thread, and I'll start out by saying I think AVB has an incredible track record and he (still) has my full support as manager, but I'm starting to become quite worried by how inconsistent our team selection is every week.
In defence we could line up with Bosingwa or Ivanovic at right back, then two from Alex, Ivanovic, Terry or Luiz in the middle. In midfield, basically take your pick at random from Lampard, Ramires, Malouda, Miereles, Mikel, Romeu etc. Then the front three? Malouda, Mata, Sturridge, Torres, Drogba, Anelka etc... every week our team changes quite drastically from the previous game.
Look at Newcastle, they're massively over-achieving this season, their back 5 have played every single game together so far this season and look incredibly solid as a result.
Personally I think it's time that AVB decided who should be part of our best XI and just preserve with it. Our back line needs some familiarity, and our front line needs confidence. Consistency is the best way to give it to them.
In defence we could line up with Bosingwa or Ivanovic at right back, then two from Alex, Ivanovic, Terry or Luiz in the middle. In midfield, basically take your pick at random from Lampard, Ramires, Malouda, Miereles, Mikel, Romeu etc. Then the front three? Malouda, Mata, Sturridge, Torres, Drogba, Anelka etc... every week our team changes quite drastically from the previous game.
Look at Newcastle, they're massively over-achieving this season, their back 5 have played every single game together so far this season and look incredibly solid as a result.
Personally I think it's time that AVB decided who should be part of our best XI and just preserve with it. Our back line needs some familiarity, and our front line needs confidence. Consistency is the best way to give it to them.