Dos and Don'ts- my first visit to Stamford Bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueblur

I've found the one
Messages
9,759
Reaction score
2,920
After supporting Chelsea for 14 years, i have never once gone to see them play. I'm going to the Chelsea V Stoke game this Saturday, i was just wondering if anyone can give me any tips/ dos and donts for my trip to the Bridge?

I will be sitting in the West stand lower. Hoping for another 6-0 win!

 
Do start or join in with as many songs as you can.

Dont sit there quietly.

Other than that, do enjoy yourself.....come on you blues. ::ChELSeAFaN::

 
Thanks c3blu.

Should i get drunk before-hand? It will get me more into the singing mood.

 
Do get there early, have a few pints from the Heineken girls running around with back packs.

Do buy a programme, its your first visit!

Do visit the megastore after and buy some merch.

Do shout and sing

If a steward tells you to sit down during the match (dont ask), bite your tongue and do it.

Have a great day

:)

 
I like the sound of these Heineken girls, i'll definitely get on to that! Cheers for the advice Zola. I'll try not to start a fight with the Stewards

 
Do start or join in with as many songs as you can.

Dont sit there quietly.

Other than that, do enjoy yourself.....come on you blues. ::ChELSeAFaN::
I thought you weren't allowed to sing if you're in the West Stand Lower :rolleyes: .

Not like the old benches! ::ChELSeAFaN::

 
I thought you weren't allowed to sing if you're in the West Stand Lower :rolleyes: .
Is the West stand lower actually a good place to sit? I considered the West upper but then decided i wanted to be closer to the pitch, so changed my mind.

 
Where are you sitting?

I like the Shed end obviously, but the Matthew Harding is also very good.

 
Where are you sitting?I like the Shed end obviously, but the Matthew Harding is also very good.
I'm sitting West Stand Lower, row 36 can't remember the seat number, but its in the 40s or 50s i think.

 
I was going to say do stand, do smoke, do get extremely drunk, do swear and do chuck celery and most important do stand your ground.

Dont run.

But then i remembered its not 1985.

I would'nt do any off the above these days, have a good few beers to get you more in the mood by all means but in general i'd stick by my first post.

 
I'm sitting West Stand Lower, row 36 can't remember the seat number, but its in the 40s or 50s i think.
You'll have a good view, close to the action. I prefer the Shed or MH Upper myself (and I have sat just about everywhere at the Bridge - avoid the East Upper if you have any concerns about heights!), I like being higher up as you can take in the whole pitch and get to appreciate the movement better.

The only time I remember being in the West Lower was when we beat ManUre 5-0, what a day that was!! :JC_doubleup:

 
What do you think about the Matthew Harding Lower?

I've got tickets there but never sat in it before.

I'm in row G seats 300

 
You'll have a good view, close to the action. I prefer the Shed or MH Upper myself (and I have sat just about everywhere at the Bridge - avoid the East Upper if you have any concerns about heights!), I like being higher up as you can take in the whole pitch and get to appreciate the movement better.
Well i'm glad i will be getting a good view, that was all i was worried about really, thanks fester.

 
West Lower is fine. It's not as noisy as the MH end but much better than the East stand and the West Upper.

Make sure you get in to the ground a bit early, otherwise you run the risk of being caught in the rush as everyone exits the pubs at 2.59 and tries to get in for 3. If that happens you'll miss the first 15 mins as the turnstile system is pants.

 
Don't persistently stand and do as the stewards say. They are c**ts and will kick you out. They have a ''shhhhh let the players concentrate'' attitude. Gimps.

 
Don't take the bus to get to the ground.
There is no way i'm taking the bus, i'm gonna walk from West Brompton tube station. Looks like i need to be at the ground for around 2.45 then, i don't want to clash with the fans leaving the pubs.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top