Emanalo The Problem

That's the point with young players. They won't always act maturely. You can't always expect to get a Varane or a C. Ronaldo or a Luke Shaw who are 100% professionals even at that age. Sometimes it's the manager's job to inspire them appropriately.
But he wanted to leave so Jose obliged, I think some people don't realise just because they're young they shouldn't act in a certain way, end if the day even when you're 18 you know when you're been a dick. Jose was right to sell.

 
But he wanted to leave so Jose obliged, I think some people don't realise just because they're young they shouldn't act in a certain way, end if the day even when you're 18 you know when you're been a dick. Jose was right to sell.
I can not believe that that's Jose's standard approach. If it were he'd not actually be a manager. It's not like Jose is a passive element who only reacts to what a player does, feels or says. Surely it's more of a interaction between a player and a manager.

 
I think a key factor was that it was a World Cup year, and Lukaku was expected to play a big part in Belgium's campaign in Brazil. He wanted mintues because he didnt want to miss out on a world cup spot, and that's fair enough. I think it came down to a bit of a stand off situation, and Mourinho had a tough choice to make. Keep the kid around as a prospect and someone who MAY get gametime, but may also become increasingly unhappy and disrupt the squad, or let him go on loan. From Lukaku's point of view he probably viewed it as guaranteed gametime and a world cup spot vs limited gametime and watching his friends play in a world cup. I can see it from both points of view. Maybe Mourinho felt that he could get more out of Torres than he did. Maybe he picked the wrong "horse to give milk to"

As for selling him after that, 28 million was silly money and there was no way we could reject that kind of fee.

 
Its a bit strange to see him gubbing off to the press now with little statements

 
I liked lukaku, and I was disappointed it didn't work out for him. £28m was good money for him at the time, although with hindsight we should have maybe pushed for a lower fee with a buy back clause, because I think he is turning into a top striker capable of leading the line for us.

I wouldn't compare his situation to the kdb, though as I think kdb was good enough to start at the time, and we didn't do well with the sale to wolfsburg.

Plenty more fish in the sea though.

 
ROMAN AND EMENALO NEED TO REVIEW TRANSFER STRATEGY IN JANUARY

Chelsea's reputation as one of the Premier League's big-spenders have blinded people to the fact that the hierarchy have left Mourinho fighting with one had tied behind his back.

For the last two seasons, Mourinho has had the smallest squad of any of the 20 Premier League clubs. A major reason has been the decision taken at the highest level to use the loan market as a revenue stream.

Hence, dozens of Chelsea players are now loaned elsewhere while Mourinho has had to pick the same 18 week-after-week in four competitions. It's true the manager can be faulted with not playing enough kids but he's never been one to throw in the untested or not good enough.

Plenty of journeymen professionals like Victor Moses, Oriol Romeu, Marco van Ginkel and Patrick Bamford are on loan to other Premier League clubs. More like Nathaniel Chalobah are abroad.

Nobody is suggesting any of the names mentioned are good enough to be regular Chelsea starters. But if Matic or Hazard needed to rest or treat a minor injury for a match or two, wouldn't it be useful to have more bodies around to fill in.

Instead, the Chelsea players look fatigued, physically and mentally. While they and the manager must shoulder a lot of the blame, responsibility also lies further up the food chain with Roman Abramovich and technical director Michael Emenalo.

In addition, too often Chelsea have signed players that do not seem to meet with Mourinho's agreement. Juan Cuadrado, Mo Salah, Filipe Luis, all signed for big money and hardly used. There is a clear disconnect within the club over transfers and loans, and current results demand that it's fixed.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3360709/Are-Chelsea-good-No-not-Eden-Hazard-plans-exit-Diego-Costa-throws-toys-pram.html#ixzz3uPq4stQj 

 
Don't forget that he bought useless players like Victor Moses who is not going to get anywhere being a regular Chelsea starter. 

The man is a joke. 
To be fair, Chelsea had been tracking Victor Moses since he was 16 and at Palace.

 
Funny how this thread pops up only when we are on a bad streak or need someone to blame.

Somewhere deep in this forum are complimenotary comments about City's 'football minded' board who know what players to recruit and give PEP the team he wants......let that sink in.

 
Oh go on then, I'll have a quick moan. 

Not necessarily Emanalo's fault but I don't like that we have been conducted a lot of our transfer business right at the end of transfer windows.

Last season we left it too late and ended up with Papy as a last minute buy.

This season, we left it late to sign Alonso and Luiz and due to their late arrivals there was an initial reluctance from Conte to change the shape of the team and throw those two straight into the starting XI.

This January, we've been quick to release Oscar and Mikel but it doesn't look like we're close to reinforcing the team, which given the large fee we received for Oscar as soon as the window opened, surprises me because I would have thought the club would want to act quickly given we've found ourselves surprisingly topping the table.  

 
Lol. All it took was the right coach to come along and realize Emenalo's dream. He's been pushing for 3-4-3 since he's got here I'm sure
Is this sarcasm? I can normally tell but brilliant if it is.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top