Estêvão

It's very early days in his development. He's not going anywhere and if this rumour is true its just Liverpool showing an early interest so at some point in the future they can say they have been long time admirers.

Dippers do one.

 
this broke last night and its true under this system he wont play unless palmer or Rogers gets an injury or suspension, and these owners would sell him for 100m to anyone

apple-touch-icon.png
FootballTransfers
q=75,w=1200,format=auto
Estevao ready to explore shock Chelsea exitChelsea winger Estevao Willian could explore a possible transfer when the January window opens if he continues to receive limited first-team opportunities at Stamford Bridge.
 
this broke last night and its true under this system he wont play unless palmer or Rogers gets an injury or suspension, and these owners would sell him for 100m to anyone

apple-touch-icon.png
FootballTransfers
q=75,w=1200,format=auto
Estevao ready to explore shock Chelsea exitChelsea winger Estevao Willian could explore a possible transfer when the January window opens if he continues to receive limited first-team opportunities at Stamford Bridge.
Note the word could. Do you believe every bit of click bait internet speculation?

 
Stevo has bags of talent, would love him to succeed here and turn on the style. He has a massive 6/12 months ahead of him, he has to impress Alonso, force his way into the side, and establish himself as a top Premier League player. He hasnt done that for me since arriving. We've seen flashes and moments of class, needs faith from the manager, run of games and minutes and stay injury free.

A precocious talent who will force a move if he doesnt get game time. Barca/PSG/Real will all be sniffing around in January if he's not getting regular game time.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I actually think he has bulked up in his time here which has inevitably taken a bit off of his pace. He has also lost a bit of that guile needed by wide players. Even if he played in the 10 at the moment I would be worried that he would be caught in possession and dispossessed too easily. Needs a run of games, needs an injection of confidence, and we still have a massive talent here.

Currently I am seeing parallels with early CHO, even before the injury. Precocious kid breaking through on a foundation of blistering pace allied to step overs and trickery. As soon as that pace dropped off I felt he got found out. Just hoping Estevao doesn't follow a similar pattern.

 
Have you seen any of his posts on here before? I think he deals exclusively in click bait internet speculation.
I know. The question was rhetorical.

 
I actually think he has bulked up in his time here which has inevitably taken a bit off of his pace. He has also lost a bit of that guile needed by wide players. Even if he played in the 10 at the moment I would be worried that he would be caught in possession and dispossessed too easily. Needs a run of games, needs an injection of confidence, and we still have a massive talent here.

Currently I am seeing parallels with early CHO, even before the injury. Precocious kid breaking through on a foundation of blistering pace allied to step overs and trickery. As soon as that pace dropped off I felt he got found out. Just hoping Estevao doesn't follow a similar pattern.
Estevao’s talent has never been based on pace. He was never particularly quick off the mark.

 
People need to slow down. I notice thats its only our club where there is controversy with players on the bench. Noni being a bench player for us and its talk of him leaving. Barely gets any minutes for Arsenal and everything is fine.

 
People need to slow down. I notice thats its only our club where there is controversy with players on the bench. Noni being a bench player for us and its talk of him leaving. Barely gets any minutes for Arsenal and everything is fine.
Big difference in ability between Noni and Estevao.

Personally, I think there might some truth to this. Stevie, arrived with an absolutely massive reputation. And he strikes me as the kind of kid that just loves being on a pitch playing football. He knows he has the talent. He also has the confidence. I don't think he will be the sort that would hang around too long waiting for opportunities. Especially as there would be no shortage of top clubs wanting to get hold of him.

 
  • Like
Reactions: VG
Big difference in ability between Noni and Estevao.

Personally, I think there might some truth to this. Stevie, arrived with an absolutely massive reputation. And he strikes me as the kind of kid that just loves being on a pitch playing football. He knows he has the talent. He also has the confidence. I don't think he will be the sort that would hang around too long waiting for opportunities. Especially as there would be no shortage of top clubs wanting to get hold of him.
I would agree. He looked like a massive prospect early in his time for us and Maresca sucked the life out of him. He is currently looking like the shadow of that prospect but is still a kid and a more creative hand brake off approach like what we have seen so far under Alonso could be perfect for him.

However he has a challenge in his hands getting a regular start and that is down ti him. If he doesn't get it then I can see his agent going looking in January.

 
He was never particularly quick off the mark.
I think that's why he was (jokingly) called Messinho because his dribbling style is very similar to Messi. Not the fastest off the mark but his close control is so good he doesn't lose speed when on the dribble, meaning if/when you fall for his fake you are left in the dust. It's the kind of playstyle that IMO ages very well, not just Messi but it makes me think of Zola, Iniesta, Busquets who still gave people twisted blood into their 30s.

Messi definitely developed an elite first-step speed later on, and still has it, hence why he was still able to sit Rice and Anderson on their arse in the WC semi-final at the age of 572. Definitely something for Estevao to keep working on.

Also, the idea that "bulking up" makes you slower is just...wrong. I don't know how anyone who has lived through the era of Usain Bolt or Cristiano Ronaldo can still come to that conclusion.

 
Big difference in ability between Noni and Estevao.

Personally, I think there might some truth to this. Stevie, arrived with an absolutely massive reputation. And he strikes me as the kind of kid that just loves being on a pitch playing football. He knows he has the talent. He also has the confidence. I don't think he will be the sort that would hang around too long waiting for opportunities. Especially as there would be no shortage of top clubs wanting to get hold of him.
FWIW the original article was made up by ESPN Brazil, which is as reliable as Nicolas Jackson 12 yards out from goal. They tacked on some speculation to a short interview and called it "news".

For selfish reasons, I think he's in the perfect position. Like in 2005 where Mourinho could start Duff and Robben and bring on Joe Cole in the 60th minute, we lose no attacking momentum if one of Palmer/Rogers gets subbed off. Estevao can change a game off the bench.

Sort that midfield situation solidly and we could even see Estevao starting at his favoured no. 10 role which actually allows Rogers and Palmer to take up their favoured inside right/left spots.

 
We must filter out the noise. We’re two games into the season. His game time will come, be it thru substitutions or starting due to form, selection or dare I say injury.

 
We must filter out the noise. We’re two games into the season. His game time will come, be it thru substitutions or starting due to form, selection or dare I say injury.
I'd rather you didn't.

 
When these journalists flat-out fabricate a story, I wish the club would counter it by revealing its own story.

"Cameron Smith could very well have a small penis. Read more here."
I don't want to say it's a complete fabrication, but I would assume what this is, is someone talking to his agent.

The agent is literally paid to talk Estevao up and keep his name out there so there are options. I have no doubt he's got his head down and just working on getting opportunities. But if he goes through this season without forcing Palmer off the pitch, or forcing Alonso to start him regularly in some different set up, he's going to be thinking about moving on next Summer and we're probably going to see if we can exit him somewhere for a hefty fee.

But in the mean time, he needs to prove it on the pitch. He has a full season to do that and will get chances. PPR aren't going to be starting every single week.

 
I don't want to say it's a complete fabrication, but I would assume what this is, is someone talking to his agent.

The agent is literally paid to talk Estevao up and keep his name out there so there are options. I have no doubt he's got his head down and just working on getting opportunities. But if he goes through this season without forcing Palmer off the pitch, or forcing Alonso to start him regularly in some different set up, he's going to be thinking about moving on next Summer and we're probably going to see if we can exit him somewhere for a hefty fee.

But in the mean time, he needs to prove it on the pitch. He has a full season to do that and will get chances. PPR aren't going to be starting every single week.
3rd game into the season is crazy work.

 
3rd game into the season is crazy work.
Rio Ngumoha has had the same nonsense floating about as well and he's actually started a game. Just the way the world works.

 
William Saliba is yet to start a game this season, rumours are he will push for a move to Chelsea in January if this continues. More news behind the pay wall on my blog page if interested.

 
Back
Top