Snedger
First Team Regular
- Messages
- 4,614
- Reaction score
- 2,839
It is quite a popular belief in England that the FAPL is the best league in the world. But is it really?
Whilst watching Bayern tonight in a CL qualifier the commentators were discussing the merits of the Bundesliga and the demise of Serie A. This is what got me thinking. And I reckon that the Bundesliga has a good shout for being the best. They seem to have a bit of everything: good sized and vocal crowds, decent quality football, lots of big modern stadiums, reasonably cheap tickets and even a decent national team. And maybe their strongest feature is a record of 6 different winners in the last 10 seasons. I guess their only weakness is that they can't afford to compete for the world's better players.
I can see that the French league is improving and that Serie A is struggling a bit what with low attendances and a few controversies. I hope that no one is offended at leaving so many other leagues off the poll but I figured it would take an impressive argument to claim the Eredivise or Scottish Prem is the continents finest top flight division.
But there are plenty on this board that have a great knowledge of world football and I wondered what the opinions of you lot are.
Whilst watching Bayern tonight in a CL qualifier the commentators were discussing the merits of the Bundesliga and the demise of Serie A. This is what got me thinking. And I reckon that the Bundesliga has a good shout for being the best. They seem to have a bit of everything: good sized and vocal crowds, decent quality football, lots of big modern stadiums, reasonably cheap tickets and even a decent national team. And maybe their strongest feature is a record of 6 different winners in the last 10 seasons. I guess their only weakness is that they can't afford to compete for the world's better players.
I can see that the French league is improving and that Serie A is struggling a bit what with low attendances and a few controversies. I hope that no one is offended at leaving so many other leagues off the poll but I figured it would take an impressive argument to claim the Eredivise or Scottish Prem is the continents finest top flight division.
But there are plenty on this board that have a great knowledge of world football and I wondered what the opinions of you lot are.