FA Cup Final, Chelsea vs Everton, 30th May

Status
Not open for further replies.
resting players sometimes works in the opposite way. look at villa, flying for most of the season then they rest players for the uefa cup game and basically threw the game because they wanted out of the competition. there season then fell apart. i would rather keep pretty much the same side constantly, maybe changing one or two at most to keep the consistency and team build.

 
At this point of the season resting players is not smart imo. When you are on winning ways and looking to lift a trophy you get som much adrenaline that it replaces the feeling of tiredness. The team can really gel at this point of season when players can smell the glory.

I think SAF took a huge risk on playing the second string. It cost him this time. Why risk FA-cup when the PL isn't sure and CL is not completed. ManU can still finish trophyless. There are not that many games left..

Would have been great to face ManU in the final instead of Everton but I think it will be a good final.

 
Really glad Everton won, I'm getting sick of playing United in cup finals. We will be clear favourites to win and should do comfortably if we play like we have been doing recently.

:lol:

 
Really glad Everton won, I'm getting sick of playing United in cup finals. We will be clear favourites to win and should do comfortably if we play like we have been doing recently. :lol:
soryy Alan, your first sentence sounds slightly smug, no offence intended.

I'm not sure I wanted Everton to win (all though I think we have a better chance of beating them than Utd) but I am desperate for revenge for last year and would relish the chance of us beating them in any game, let alone a final which would be twice as sweet.

 
soryy Alan, your first sentence sounds slightly smug, no offence intended.I'm not sure I wanted Everton to win (all though I think we have a better chance of beating them than Utd) but I am desperate for revenge for last year and would relish the chance of us beating them in any game, let alone a final which would be twice as sweet.
None taken.

We will of course have to be careful because Everton are a good side, but we will be expected to beat them.

As for playing United in another cup final, I think if we get past Barca it will be United we will face in Rome. Ronaldo & co should have no trouble beating Arsenal if they play like they did on Saturday.

 
20th April ; I like them (for what they did yesterday)

30th May : We kill them :actions1:

 
Resting players isn't a bad thing and I think we should do it. But only if they are in need of rest. Don't rest anyone just for the sake of resting (is that correct?).

Essien was out for a long time and according to some experts it isn't good to start playing full games all the time.

On the other hand Essien isn't your average player so common rules doesn't apply to him.

So rest players if they have to rest, otherwise screw it. On the other hand we do need to give players like Quaresma and Stoch some time on the pitch. And what about Mikel?

 
If we'd literally kill them this week, would we get thrown out of the FA Cup? If so, would the final be between Arsenal and Mancs then?

(In case you didn't guess, I wasn't serious about that...I'm just going a bit mad here with a few softwares acting up on an all too crucial moment and the deadline is getting ever so near)

 
dont know if this has been mentioned already but is the cup final shown only on setanta.i hope not and feel sorry for people who should be able to watch a cup final on itv or bbc1.

 
Chances are it'll be on ITV cause that's the terrestrial channel and everyone can watch it.

 
I think it's funny that judging by the amount of talk about the televised matches I've seen on the forums this season, it seems we've had more live FA Cup matches on terrestrial television this season than people in UK. The final will be live on terrestrial television as usual.

 
Their all on over here Mak, just have to pay stupid subscriptions here and there.

 
Well, they're all free over here. That was my point as I've seen people complaining that they have to pay to see those games. And for some reason the channel who bought the rights to FA Cup got all England's World Cup qualifiers from the current campaign in the same package. They're all free as well.

 
It varies here, one semi was a subscription Setanta game and the other was free on terrestrial tv (which we even have to pay fooking license fees for)

 
Howard Webb has been appointed as the ref for the final.

I am happy with that - I think he is an entirely honest ref. When he makes mistakes he holds up his hands to them and generally they are few and far between.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to hear that it is Webb as ref. I am also very glad that it will be us v everton in the final for two reasons:

One. All of Wembley will be blue which is great.

Two. We won't have to hear about the CL final "replay" that would have been brought up ad nauseum if it were us playing Utd.

Scott

 
Howard Webb has been appointed as the ref for the final.I am happy with that - I think he is an entirely honest ref. When he makes mistakes he holds up his hands to them and generally they are few and far between.
I can't say I'm happy with Webb being in charge. I think he is one of the worst refs in the game, mainly because I reckon he thinks he's the best. Mark my words, he will make a seriously contentious decision in the game and in all probability it will be against us.

 
I can't say I'm happy with Webb being in charge. I think he is one of the worst refs in the game, mainly because I reckon he thinks he's the best. Mark my words, he will make a seriously contentious decision in the game and in all probability it will be against us.
I'm not sure the ref will make a poor decision against us if it's Everton.

Man Utd, however, would be another matter entirely...

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top