Fed up about hearing how wonderful German system is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloo

In the Ressies
Messages
357
Reaction score
103
With Klinsmann banging on about England needs to take more risk to develop home grown players and how wonderful the German system is yet again it reminded me of this years Euro Cup.

I distinctly remember just prior to kick off pundits and Beckenbauer (?) extolling the virtues of the wunder-system and how so many players in the German league are German.

Made me laugh when this came up as the line-up (scroll down):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_UEFA_Super_Cup

Hell: it may be a wonderful system but they have a way to go yet before their 'too may foreigners in English football' digs sound a bit less hypocritical.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I agree. You may not like hearing about it but it's the truth, the German system is very good at the moment and our FA should learn a thing or two from them.

But the FA won't, obviously, as they're stick in the mud's.

There was a bit of fuss in the media about Schurlle allegedly claiming that Rooney wouldn't get in the first 11 for Germany. I think he's right.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Many of you are familiar with the usual faces of German football as of recently like Muller(24), Reus(24), Gundogan(23), Kroos(23), Gotze(21), Ozil(25), Schurrle(23), Boateng(25), Hummels(24) and etc but the thing that surprises me are their are even more talented players coming through like Timo Werner(17), Max Meyer(18), Mathias Ginter(19), Leon Goretzka(18), Max Arnold(19) and etc all making their mark for their Bundesliga teams. I think Spain may have a slight edge but Germany are just about on their level. I never understood how English youngsters are being talked about even before they have played in the top tier. In my opinion only Barkely, Wilshire, Morrison, Shaw, and a couple other english youngsters who i dont kno about who play in the too tier. I don't know why others are rated so highly...

 
Yep, but they are German too...it's not all good for them...poor blokes...
:P

/monthly_11_2013/post-11413-138471902785_thumb.jpg

 

Attachments

  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1384719736.997339.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1384719736.997339.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
It's not hate and it's nothing personal - you seem like a good bloke. Just glad to be English even if our football team is less good :-)

 
I would have said in 2010 World Cup we would have had similar players in quality but they were still a much better team. But now there players are absolutely two times as good as ours and they play much better as a team. But the England side actually has some decent technical players for once, yet we still aren't trying out Michael Carrick or Jack Wilshere together in the midfield, we want to play the average Joes like Tom Cleverly and Danny Welbeck instead.

Germany now though, I wouldn't want to play them, they seem to have hit form, only problem is coming to the World Cup is that they might of hit form too early, perhaps that's a load of bull sh*t but we will see in the World Cup. But either way good on them, unlike the F.A they have allowed there manager to have transition and the freedom to play all the youngsters he wishes, and now it's finally going to pay off for them. I wish we would do the same but the F.A wants all the big names playing, because big names playing means more money.

 
Ahh I love that attitude, first Spain, now Germany, everyone else is to blame for England's perils on the world stage.

 
Ahh I love that attitude, first Spain, now Germany, everyone else is to blame for England's perils on the world stage.
I really don't think that anyone is blaming 'everyone else' here. The lack of English talent is self inflicted. The PL has grown too strong and the FA are spineless, more interested in maximising profit than turning around the fortunes in the Engliah national team.

 
Didn't Ozil and Gundogan used to play for Turkey? 
I'm not sure about Gündoğan, but Özil did not. Turkey had been trying to convince him for quite a while, along with some of the players, but he played in Germany's youth system.

 
What's most bizarre is that half a century has passed and England still haven't learnt from what made their 66' side so successful.

Greaves took a sideseat for the far less talented Hurst. Alan Ball, one of England's most intelligent, hard-working players, was deployed in a supporting role to offer the side more balance. Nobby Stiles was definitely not amongst your more talented nor conventional midfielders but he performed his role to a tee and was ultimately the anchor who allowed the likes of Bobby Charlton license to roam forward. And who can forget Charlton's man-marking job on Beckenbauer? Another example of a versatile player (I recall him playing as a traditional outside-left at times) putting the team first.

It's remarkable that England's current crop haven't shown this very simple catalyst. It's unlikely they'll repeat that achievement but you could go a lot further if you followed the basic axiom 'the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.'

 
Last edited by a moderator:
if you followed the basic axiom 'the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.'
I think the BuLi system has the advantage that it allows the league/nations interest to come first by having the 50+1 rule so the DFB actually has some real say on what goes on in the clubs, like when they forced them to build new youth academies and revised the coaching system. Both systems have their upsides and downsides its just a matter of picking your poison in my opinion.....
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top