Fickle or Forgiving

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not at that stage yet myself mate, I alway hurt when Chelsea lose...that won't change because of a group of people who don't care about our feelings.

Sure looking at the bench and seeing 'him' is gonna be murder but if the boys in blue do it on the pitch then I'll be happy and congratulate THEM for our success.

 
Spot on Chippy. But then again I usually agree with most of your posts ;).

I will continue to back the team and want them to do well, but I cannot see myself warming to the new man in charge. I found it hard to warm to Avram at the time but I realized in time that he had not done anything wrong and was just trying to make the best of the opportunity that had been given to him. Our new manager is taking a similar opportunity, although I think the fallout from Robbie's dismissal may have created even more anger from the fans than was there after Jose left. That would be a hard enough platform for most new appointments to build on. But RB comes with all the bad history with our fans and club. That is why this appointment in particular is just a total kick in the stomach while most of us fans are still down.

Realistically we won't have to like him anyway. He is almost certainly a short term appointment. If he doesn't turn things around that is a certainty. If the team achieves more than expected (e.g. wins a major trophy) then he will most likely start making major demands of Roman (based on his previous behavior at other clubs). That will probably ensure he is on his way too especially if the real target is in the wings.

Either way I doubt this will be forgotten by the fans any time soon. Sure Roman has brought us the most successful period in the club's history and we are very grateful. But some of us already feel pretty disenfranchised as it is. This latest farce may be tipping point.

I won't be surprised if we see an FC Chelsea in the near future.

 
Great post mate

Chelsea is my life, ask the missus and kids .......I'm truly let down, now I can have empathy for the Blackburn mob

last season with Kean. These c**ts running the club just dont get it and never will. I am so glad they never got their

filthy hands on the CPO's property, because they can NEVER be trusted again.

F them all, Gourlay, Buck, Abramovich and their latest stooge Fatty Rafa

 
You said it all Chippy.

I think what is forgotten with Ranieri's and Jose's sackings, both were harsh (or more accurately, incredibly stupid with the latter) but there was a very small silver lining involved in each. In Ranieri's case, it was that we were getting Jose. But in retrospect it should have been obvious from the public courting of SGE and the way the sacking was handled that Kenyon was a total clown and Roman was totally uncaring about feelings or class. Jose's sacking was ridiculous, despite the problems that were barely lurking under the surface. But while we are all up in arms over it, few could foresee the merry-go-round becoming as bad as it has. It was onward and upward in September of 2007.

5 years and 2 months later, Grant, Scolari, Hiddink, Ancelotti, Villas Boas, and now Robbie.

We have debated the merits of every manager endlessly. But one thing we were told over and over (and especially after Ancelotti's reign, which gave us easy top four finishes, silverware, and the promise of competitiveness with some investment in the squad) was that it was the lack of success in Europe that made Roman so mad. But after this week its obvious that even success in Europe doesnt matter. Nothing buys security in this job, not past success, not ability, not achievement with the club, not a promise to revamp playing style.

This latest mess is just the perfect storm of sh*t. Fans are just expected to blindly forget that Robbie DiMatteo is a hero to most every blue (as a player and a manager) and then accept a man whose words and actions insulted us all. A man whose managerial chops are seemingly no better than Robbie's. We're not sheep, we're people. And anyone with a head on their shoulders can see this is the most ass backwards managerial screwup yet. The hastiest firing yet. Probably the most ill thought out replacement since Grant. As clear a sign as any that there is no plan for this club, and we are just floating on in the dark.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
The only thing I'm looking fwd to in the tenure of RB, are his spats with Siralex, wegner et al, steadying the ship, and hopefully returning us to the top of the league, starting with Citeh tomorrow ,already on one with Rednose, ......RDM, Chelsea über legend.. Shine on Robbie :-)

 
We have debated the merits of every manager endlessly. But one thing we were told over and over was that it was the lack of success in Europe that made Roman so mad. But after this week its obvious that even success in Europe doesnt matter.
very likely to be going out of the group stage is 'success in europe' to you?

 
Great post..(but we drew with Swansea)
Yeah I obviously meant West Brom, I'm not one of these people who writes a post and sits checking it out (hence the spelling mistakes) I just type what I'm thinking like I'm talking so mistakes just roll in.

cheers though as I never noticed it.

 
I will not sing or chant RB name but I will get behind the team while he is in charge.

It's not his fault Roman hired him, he wanted a top job and this is that.

He knows we don't like him but is prepared to get on with it regardless and I'm the same.

6 months aint long.
I was going to write out a long reply but this pretty much sums it up.

We can show our respect and love for Robbie without damaging the morale and confidence of the team and their coach. Being negative and booing ourselves is ridiculous. Rafa didn't sack Robbie, RA did, and Rafa is here in the highest pressure seat in world football management.

Regardless of whether you think hes trying to revive his career or hes trying to legitimately help the club, both will be achieved the same way, and that is by playing good football and winning games.

And at the end of the day, this is a transition season, and we're most likely going to have either pep or jose next season.

Sit tight, sing Robbie's praises, cheer on our team, and get through this season in the best form possible, ready for the future which for me starts next season.

 
Well Chippy I knew you come back down to earth eventually...boy you have been way out there with your posts over the last few days, your anger has been clear to see but let's take a step back a minute...and by the way I thought your post was excellent...as usual.

Robbie was a great player for this club, call him a legend if you like but there are many players who have worn the blue shirt that you could call a 'legend' but that is not to dismiss Robbie's contribution as a player. He led WBA to promotion and then shortly thereafter got the sack..why was that? Did he lose the dressing room or did he just not have the coaching acumen to take them to the next level, after all he hadn't been a coach for long in grand scheme of things. Why was he appointed as AVB's #2 and not come here as the head coach? Was it to increase his tactical knowledge from the new wonder kid who learned so much from Jose or as a PR appointment? So with AVB's sacking I was surprised that Robbie was kept on let alone given the reins. The players all respected him as he was one of their own and they played for him, in fact they played their hearts out for him and us and much to everyones surprise and by riding our luck we won the CL and FA Cup. Robbie or whoever, pulled a defensive masterpiece out of their arse but things really could have been a lot different, much as you described with our games against Utd or Juve or Swansea or WBA. an inch here or there, a call here or there can make a huge difference and influence the result. What would have happened to Robbie had Messi scored the penalty, who knows, and the Robben miss followed by the penalty shoot out. In all likelihood he would have been gone anyway at the end of the season..but that is all history now.

We all know that Roman craves for the type of football Barca plays, so with all his money he could go after Pep except that plan 'A' got scuttled when Pep decided to take a sabbatical. So why wasn't Robbie the immediate first choice? after all he had won the most coveted prize of the lot, regardless of the luck he had on the way. Even the press and the football world were relentless saying how undeserving we were to win that trophy, after all it can only be won by teams that play attractive football not teams with heart and spirit shown by our lot, who on paper should have been outplayed and outclassed by the mighty Barca, Real and Bayern. So winning the trophy left Roman and the Board with a dilemma, they had to hire Robbie or be up against the fans and perhaps other Board members and certainly the press, so they tried the one season trick which Robbie apparently said no to; they ended up giving him two, knowing full well he wasn't going to be around that long anyway and Robbie knew it too, he isn't stupid, unless he could pull off another miracle...who was Robbie kidding? And at the start things were going great but despite the attractive football being played it was obvious that our defending was suffering as a result, despite being unbeaten. Analyse the games again and you will see had the other teams been able to finish the results would not have gone in our favour, however what we did not see was an improvement, (and I'll put injuries aside here) in our defending. Robbie and his coaching staff were simply not able to have an impact...why? and this is where I come back to his 'coaching' abilities..not his 'mangerial' abilities - did Robbie have enough in his coaching skill sets to recognise this and right the ship? Remember looking over his shoulder is a man I detest most, Michael Emenalo, this man has somehow managed to get the ear of Roman and is Roman's snitch on the training ground and in the dressing room; this man has no credibility in my books; there is just something about him that I don't like. I am in the business of law and security / analysing and have been doing so for over 30 years, I am not saying I'm right, but I certainly have my reservations about this man and how he has managed to survive time after time when managers leave. Did he recognise Robbie's apparent weakness and brought this to the attention of Roman directly...who knows...speculation and bias on my part perhaps. With no improvement seen defensively and Romans new toy not scoring, despite being given a midfield of immense talent, culminated with recent results Roman finally blew a gasket, made a decision based on anger and not rational judgement fired Robbie...what business man doesn't have plan 'B'. Robbie had defied Roman and Emenalo by dropping Torres but did so knowing that unless he got a result he was f**ked anyway. Roman thought he could convince Pep to cut short his vacation but that having failed miserably he begain scouring the planet he found our little fat waiter serving drinks in the middle east. And once again made an irrational decision in hiring him , knowing that the fans hate him with a passion, and no one will ever tell me that Roman doesn't understand the history of Liverpool / Chelsea and what it means to the fans and our distain for RB. I think he just got desperate and with Gourlay and Buck in tow they have well and truly f**ked things up for this club.....and don't get me started on those two w**kers.

With my rant almost over ...RB it would seem is probably a better 'coach' that Robbie was..but not a 'manager' or man in any true sense of the word that Robbie is. Robbie had a way with the players and fans that will never be forgotten but unfortunately CFC is a business, a worldwide brand, it depends on results, just like any other business and Robbie was caught up in the politics and the dirty business that is now football....the 'beautiful game' ...and as the money becomes the overriding factor in this league and in Europe, we will see more and more managers like Robbie and his predecessors become the whipping boys of multi billionaires who crave success in the world of sport....the business of football as we knew it (for us old folk) is dead and buried....welcome to the new world.....The new Roman Empire....welcome the man from Spain who will be our saviour for the next 6 oh sorry 7 months.

On a final note...as much as it pains me, I guess we can only see what he puts on the field before we cut his head off.....now where did I put that axe..

 
Last edited by a moderator:
It's not about Robbie being sacked that was always in the cards it was just a matter of time I suppose. Roman just had to postpone it because of Munich.

What makes me sad is that no one at CFC had the balls to speak up to Roman and tell him "you know sir, Rafa is despised by all of our fans".

Great post Chippy I'm with you.

 
Not sure if its been posted already but here is link to a piece of writing from The Guardian about Roman.

Well worth a read I'd say

http://m.guardian.co...ll&type=article
Interesting and I find myself nodding along to some of it, ungrateful git that I am.

by the way Benitez has been here a matter of hours and we've already dropped to the lowest league position we've been in all season.

 
I am so glad they never got their

filthy hands on the CPO's property, because they can NEVER be trusted again.

F them all, Gourlay, Buck, Abramovich and their latest stooge Fatty Rafa
You touched on a good point there with regards to the CPO.

I think all fans feel they have been betrayed by the board with this move (appointing the FSW) and considering I was of the understanding they were trying to build bridges (excuse the pun) with the fans and paint the picture that they were so 'in touch' and we just had to trust the board to do what was best for the club and its fans with regards to a ground relocation this will sutrely make many people think again. And rightly so.

I mean you can see the boards misguided logic which is basically that if Benitez is the better Manager and gets better results then the net result is a more successful football club and happier fans right? Wrong. Very wrong.

They have totally misunderstood, or perhaps ignored, the significance of club identity and lotalty which is the heart and sould of the football club from a fans point of view. Many fans have said that they woud rather be sh*t with Di Matteo than successful with Benitez- I am one of them. The appointment of Benitez is humiliating for Chelsea fans and goes against everything that proper Chelsea fans would want when you consider the circumstances surrounding the disgusting dismissal of a club legend after a few bad results in true knee jerk fashion.

Whe you consider recent events you could imagine the above logic easily being applied to the ground relocation. A new bigger ground at say Twickenham would be very financially succesful which would mean we would have lots of spare money and could buy the best players and would be very successful and therefore have happy fans again right?

I was on the fence with regards to trusting the board over the ground relocaton- not anymore.

They can never be trusted again after this and it has just highlighted how little they actually think and care about what the fans want and really care about.

If they think swapping club legend Di Matteo with club hate figure Benitez is acceptable then what is not to say they would think swapping Stamford Bridge for a ground share with QPR in white city is also acceptable.

They have really f**ked themselves up with this move. A lot of trust has gone, I hope it's all worth it for them thats all I can say.

 
Yep I agree that we just have to get behind the team, grin and bare it and he will be gone in no time. Im going to find it very difficult to have a new manager come in, in the summer. The lack of stability is killing me!!

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top