Fikayo Tomori new deal

IDK, but being that we are not very active in the market, could we see Tomori make the team as a reserve right back? He is more a center back but can play out wide too.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I thought the name was some convert text slang for  " F U tomorrow".  This makes much more sense.

 
This lad looks very talented, maybe him or Jake Clarke-Salter can do something our youngsters missed in past? 

 
Conte put him as RWB today against Arsenal and he did very well in a short time. I must admit I didn't imagine him with speed and going forward, but he had some good moments today. He looks good defensively, looks strong, quick and can go forward. 

Any chance of taking the role as RWB's backup for Moses?

 
tomori on right wing back and what he's learned. 

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2017/07/tomori--amazing-experiences.html

‘I’ve been to Hong Kong before and I’ve just come back from the Under-20 World Cup, which was in South Korea, so I’ve spent quite a bit of time in Asia recently, but this trip is all about getting ready for the new season.

‘It was a great experience and I enjoyed it because I lined up alongside some great players and against strong opposition,’ he says, when asked how it felt to play in both of the matches we have played on the trip so far, most recently against Bayern Munich last night when he replaced Marcos Alonso.

‘It would have been nice if I’d scored the chance I had in the Arsenal game but it was a great result and it was really nice that the younger players were given a chance to prove themselves as well.’

‘I’ve never actually played right wing-back before but I played right-back quite a lot in my earlier years,’ he says.

‘The manager has made me aware of what’s required in the role; where to be, where to run and where to pass the ball, which has made it a lot easier for me. I’m enjoying it and hopefully whenever I get a chance I can make an impression.’

 
Can see him easily taking up a place in the squad. 

He'd be 6th choice CB and back-up on the Right. He'd basically take both Aina and Ake's places in the squad.

 

 
I am actually very optimistic about this guy. Looked a proper player in both the games he played for us, at least in my eyes. Hope he gets to be the backup rwb if we don't bring anyone new in.

 
Back
Top