Florian Balogun

must be running out of money soon. Wish we'd saved the Lavia money for guys up front, good as lava no doubt will be.

 
In terms of bringing in a striker, I'm surprised Jonathan David's name has came up. Scored more than Balogun and Wahi in ligue1 last season, and actually has a good record all through his career. Only 23 too. Just doesnt seem to be fancied by anyone. Admittedly I wasnt too impressed when I saw him at the world cup, or when we have came across him in the champions league, but he clearly knows where the net is. 
So do I, I even point it out to our players. 

Didn't his name come up in the forum earlier in too? Mixed responses, if I remember correctly. I, as usual, have no idea who he is. 

 
Balogun 

https://fbref.com/en/players/31822f8c/scout/365_m1/Folarin-Balogun-Scouting-Report

David 

https://fbref.com/en/players/ce50fd99/scout/365_m1/Jonathan-David-Scouting-Report

Vlahovic 

https://fbref.com/en/players/79443529/scout/365_m1/Dusan-Vlahovic-Scouting-Report

Toney

https://fbref.com/en/players/e09f279b/scout/365_m1/Ivan-Toney-Scouting-Report

Don't really see what the scouting department can see with Balogun. Hope we dont give Arsenal £40m+ for him. Better options out there imo, even just stick with Broja, and see what the Toney situation is like in January. 

 
Balogun 

https://fbref.com/en/players/31822f8c/scout/365_m1/Folarin-Balogun-Scouting-Report

David 

https://fbref.com/en/players/ce50fd99/scout/365_m1/Jonathan-David-Scouting-Report

Vlahovic 

https://fbref.com/en/players/79443529/scout/365_m1/Dusan-Vlahovic-Scouting-Report

Toney

https://fbref.com/en/players/e09f279b/scout/365_m1/Ivan-Toney-Scouting-Report

Don't really see what the scouting department can see with Balogun. Hope we dont give Arsenal £40m+ for him. Better options out there imo, even just stick with Broja, and see what the Toney situation is like in January. 
Who has said we are remotely interested in him? A twatter acount with no official connection to the club says "One source tells Sky Sports News Chelsea have a real interest in signing Florian Balogun". 

What? Who? FFS.

 
I think his goals last season must make him interesting but haven’t seen him so I know nothing. 

 
Who has said we are remotely interested in him? A twatter acount with no official connection to the club says "One source tells Sky Sports News Chelsea have a real interest in signing Florian Balogun". 

What? Who? FFS.
Nizaar Kinsella Chelsea correspondent from the standard has said we are looking at him.


 
I think his goals last season must make him interesting but haven’t seen him so I know nothing. 
Didn’t a big amount of his goals came from penalties?

Not that a penalty taker would be a luxury. 😬

 
He is behind not only Gabriel and Eddie Nek but also Havertz for Arsenal. 

Clearly cannot be good enough.

 
He is behind not only Gabriel and Eddie Nek but also Havertz for Arsenal. 

Clearly cannot be good enough.
More to do with his stock being valued pretty high atm and Arsenal need some revenue coming in. He's also in his final 2 years and the player doesn't want to extend. 

I don't particularly rate him, but as @Argo has mentioned quite a few times, Arteta's talent ID is a bit wayward. Didn't rate Saliba until the player fought for his place and now he is arguably one of if not the best CB in the league. Transformed Arsenal's defence. 

 
What's crazy is that a top player for several years; Romelu Lukaku, is worth less than Balogun who's had one decent season in Ligue 1. 

Lukaku has only just turned 30. Should be in his prime. I know, he's had some injury issues and especially behavioural issues in the past couple of years - but still. 

It would be foolish to hand a direct competitor £40-50m for their third - or even fourth - choice as a striker.

Balogun just turned 22. That's only two years younger than Pulisic. Despite that, he's only played for Middlesbrough for a half season and Reims for a full.
- That's 18 months of genuine first team football at the age of 22. Other than that, all he's ever played is U23. 

The only other clubs in the running for him are Monaco and Fulham.

Reminds me of like Tyler Adams. We were in for him - but luckily pulled out. Now he's at Bournemouth. Why wasn't Liverpool or other top tier clubs after him? 

This one is a hard pass for me. 

 
21 goals in Ligue 1 last season from an xG of 26.6 ... he should fit in nicely LOL

6 of them were penalties (out of 7 he took)

 
Romano saying we aren't interested especially at the price quoted same with Brennan Johnson.  So we can all calm down and relax knowing we’ll probably buy a 19 year old no ones ever heard of -again.  

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Better for him to go for Monaco and develop for 2 years than sit behind Broja

 
Back
Top