Football Manager 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone on here ever used the genie scout download and if they have what does it do exactly?
you can filter players and staff with it, and can see which players have the highest potential etc.

 
Has anyone on here ever used the genie scout download and if they have what does it do exactly?
It's essentially a novel way of cheating that doesn't involve taking over as other teams' managers and then selling their good players to yourself for a pittance.

 
I'll take it that thank you was sarcastic :P

In all seriousness it's pretty useful. Essentially shows you all the players stats and potential stats so you can decide whether it's worth persevering with Kalou or selling him. Or whether paying 50m for Aguero is worth it.

Most useful features I've found are the ones that tell you exactly what a players selling price is, so you don't have to fiddle around negotiating if you are desperate and also the feature that tells you, given your current players what the best formation is.

But all that said it does take the fun out of it a little as I said before, but if there is anyone on here who has honestly never cheated once at FM then I'll eat my hat.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
For the last couple of weeks my FM2010 has been running extremely slowly, especially in the match engine. It was really pissing me off, and after scouting around the web it seemed that the reason was probably either a virus or I needed to replace my fan.

However, this evening I made a great discovery - the problem was lack of Visual Memory. After a while I sussed how to find out what was at the root of the problem, and it turned out that Ad-Aware was using twice as much VM as anything else on my PC. After much screaming, shouting, cursing and punching of walls and doors, I finally managed to un-install Ad-Aware, and now FM is running as smoothly as new.

Just thought I'd share that with you all, if you're having trouble with speed in FM, check your Visual Memory - it's worth it!

 
Now that you mention it, I do recall the game taking about half a minute to load every time I hit continue on FM09 on my old computer. My biggest issue however was that I couldn't tab out of the game, or any game for that matter. The computer would just freeze. Annoyed me more than anything else.

 
Ive never cheated, I definitely havent taken charge of Liverpool, sold all their best players for next to nothing, bought utter tripe and played a formation where every player is up the left side of the pitch and some random striker in goal. No, never done that honest..... :JC_doubleup:

 
Ive never cheated, I definitely havent taken charge of Liverpool, sold all their best players for next to nothing, bought utter tripe and played a formation where every player is up the left side of the pitch and some random striker in goal. No, never done that honest..... :JC_doubleup:
Neither have I...

 
I downloaded badges, kits and a massive face pack last night and I just loaded FM and it has taken 25 minutes to load the main menu. Not sure whether to delete the downloads or not.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Im playing a game as Chelsea (as well as a couple of other ones) and somehow agreed to play in the Southern League cup, with such prestigious clubs as Marlow, Cirencester, Hayes, Redditch etc. God knows how though, so ive been playing all my young stars in it. Im now in the semi and have had league games v Arsenal and Man Utd moved to accomodate the semi final. Seeing the screen say "the Chelsea v Man Utd English Premier League game has been re-arranged " because were playing Marlow is brilliant.

 
Just out of interest has anyone figured out how to remove Chelsea's transfer ban on the editor.

 
For fm 2011 they shouldn't make any strikers too over powered lol...

Like Dzeko,if you play any of the top teams and sign Dzeko for like 20mill you can win everything.

2rwlz7c.jpg


And that was a season where he was injured for a short period could have easily bagged 50+ goals in the league.

I got sick of that so i've been trying to take smaller teams to promotion and scout regen players/youngsters etc...

How do you guys manage your teams?

 
Last edited by a moderator:
For fm 2011 they shouldn't make any strikers too over powered lol...

Like Dzeko,if you play any of the top teams and sign Dzeko for like 20mill you can win everything.

2rwlz7c.jpg


And that was a season where he was injured for a short period could have easily bagged 50+ goals in the league.

I got sick of that so i've been trying to take smaller teams to promotion and scout regen players/youngsters etc...

How do you guys manage your teams?
I bought Dzeko and hes unstoppable for Chelsea.

 
Whats everyones best/favourite buy?

I have 2 off the top of my head. Both of mine were when I was CSKA Moscow, the first was Yannick Djalo for £800k from Sporting Lisbon. Just 2 seasons later the board accepted a bid of £10m from Birmingham. The other player was Lacina Traore from Cluj, I signed him for about £5m and he is unstoppable. He's about 6 foot 8 with pace and gets plenty of goals and assists.

 
Nothing feels better than getting some random young regen, who you buy for 100k or less, and within 5 or so years, is worth 20mil + and is one of the best players in the world.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top