Football Manager 2016

This is the worst I've ever been at football manager!

I can't get the 4-2-3-1 to work, I get absolutely mauled for possession at home and we miss soooo many chances then the opponent will score (classic footy man & pretty realistic just now actually).

Costa is absolutely woeful on it as well, like really bad!

I've switched to a 4-5-1 with Matic as an anchor man but I'm scraping my way through most matches!

 
Transfer fees still annoy me, someone worth 26k and the club want 49 million for him, that's just ridiculous haha

 
Thats ridiculous I got Pogba for £92m, 
I'm guessing you can negotiate that down though as I have noticed that this year the game tries to give ridiculously high enquiry prices or counter offers to get more money out of you. Its the same with buying players I had a £2.5m bid for Moses which eventually went up to £7.5m with add ons. Also a £14m bid for Courtois which I rejected only for them to come back at £35m and be rejected.

Edit: Just checked my game Barkley could easily be signed for £30m, so I'm guessing he either got maxed out potential and stats in your game and mine he didn't or he has just come off an absolutely storming season 

 
Last edited by a moderator:
considering getting this game, but I currently have FM 2012 do I have to delete this game before loading 2016 version, and if I do will I have to reload Steam, imput would be much appreciated.......thanks...... 

 
Each version is a full game on their own. You can keep both FM12 and FM16 installed if you want, they are separate applications.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
This is the worst I've ever been at football manager!

I can't get the 4-2-3-1 to work, I get absolutely mauled for possession at home and we miss soooo many chances then the opponent will score (classic footy man & pretty realistic just now actually).

Costa is absolutely woeful on it as well, like really bad!

I've switched to a 4-5-1 with Matic as an anchor man but I'm scraping my way through most matches!
Jose?

 
4231 is working well for me. I was lucky in the first 4-5 matches and started a winning run that boosted the morale which is always very helpful.

Mikel is barely playing, started to complain in September. I told him to suck it up and be patient, he wasn't happy. For some reason Ramires was very happy about how I handled the situation and not so happy with Mikel. Come October Ramires was knocking on my door with the same complain :) I'll probably sell Mikel in January (if any club is buying) and Ramires in the summer. By that time RLC will be on their level and Aké barely behind them and both with much better potential.

 
4231 is working well for me. I was lucky in the first 4-5 matches and started a winning run that boosted the morale which is always very helpful.

Mikel is barely playing, started to complain in September. I told him to suck it up and be patient, he wasn't happy. For some reason Ramires was very happy about how I handled the situation and not so happy with Mikel. Come October Ramires was knocking on my door with the same complain :) I'll probably sell Mikel in January (if any club is buying) and Ramires in the summer. By that time RLC will be on their level and Aké barely behind them and both with much better potential.
Completely forgot about Mikel. Think he's rotting in my U21 squad.

 
Just found this old screenshot from FM 2012.

Still my closest title win, ever.

M11jCXV.jpg


 
After Diego's 30 goal haul last season, Real Madrid have just offered me 75M for him.

Question is...who shall I buy to be his replacement? 

I can't get Lewandowski or Aguero.

I managed to get Lukaku for 10M as Everton were surprisingly relegated.

Morata perhaps?

 
Last edited by a moderator:
What's Vardy like? He probably should have acceleration/pace 18+, anticipation/off the ball/shooting 15+

 
I've started about 4 or 5 games and couldn't get any thing to click. Have been Chelsea, Barca, Southampton and City - couldn't get a formation to work and was losing/ drawing every game. Started one with United and am playing a 4-3-2-1 and have signed Howedes, Tielemans and Alex Teixera. Finally starting to gel and get some results together. I am 2nd after 8 games and have only lost twice. Football manager becomes so much more satisfying when you crack it.

 
http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/dec/05/how-football-manager-changed-the-game

Great article on the history of Football Manager and how it has come to influence football.
That's a terrific article! Thanks for linking it.

I particularly love this paragraph:

"Outside of the computer game too, Sports Interactive’s vast scouting network has become a high-value asset, one that even professional recruiters such as André Villas-Boas, former manager of Tottenham, admit to using to help guide their transfer decision-making. For smaller clubs, recruiting talent from relatively obscure clubs around the world and selling them on for significant profit is an essential way to run the business. Football Manager’s database offers fortune-changing tipoffs. Since Villas-Boas went public with his secret, many others have joined him. In 2013 Ole Gunnar Solskjaer credited the game with helping him to prepare for life as a manager, while, in 2008, Everton signed an official deal to use Football Manager’s database to search for players and staff. When Alex McLeish was manager of Rangers, he was tipped off by his son, a keen Football Manager fan, about a young player he’d spotted playing for Barcelona B in the game. The boy urged his father to sign the player. McLeish ignored the advice, telling his son that he’d never heard of the player. In doing so, he overlooked a young Lionel Messi"

 
That article inspired me to get this game. Not played one since 2008, signed rues and tielemans, missed out on stones for went 56m to United!

Only 1 win in the first 4 games including defeats to arsenal and spurs! Not an ideal start!

Got all 4 star and above training, not really sure how to sort the training out to maximise player growth. Still early days but any tips for training and tactics would be much appreciated!

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top