Frank Lampard v some scrote called o`brien

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, what a shock! He is now appearing on TV! It's what he was after from the start - big publicity for his sh*tty little show.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
A mate of mine who has also watched the clip happens to be a barber - he reckons the guy is wearing a syrup and I can kind of see what he means.

Much as I'd love to punch him in the face, better to expose his baldy head!

 
Well, what a shock! He is now appearing on TV! It's what he was after from the start - big publicity for his sh*tty little show.
Exactly. This time yesterday I didn't even know LBC was still on the air and I'd never heard of James O'Brien. Now millions of people have. Frank shouldn't have risen to the bait, he's just given this cretin lots of undeserved publicity and air time.

As an aside to that I really loathe these shock jock types. It's easy to say all that when they can hide behind a mic and cut you off mid-sentence, but how many would have the balls to say it face to face?

 
OK, I've just watched the interview and I am beginning to understand O'Brian's point of view.

1. His basic point is : if you and your spouse separate and you leave your kids living in worse conditions than yourself, you are weak and scum. I don't think anyone can argue with that case. To be even fairer to him, he brings it up, as far as I understand, as an illustration of a bigger commentary on a topical social issue in Britain - namely, fathers who don't take responsibility for their children.

2. Elen's "interview" hinted that Frank is such a parent. Ergo, O'Brian, on the basis of the skint information he has, puts two and two together and concludes that Frank is a detestable character. To be honest, I would have thought the same and I don't care who they are - JT, Zola or anyone else. You do wrong, you are wrong, regardless of who you are.

3. Frank hears this about himself. He phones in, makes it more than clear that he is not such a parent. O'Brian accepts his arguments and makes it clear then that these adjectives are not hence applicable to Frank.

4. It becomes clear Frank is mourning the loss of his mother at the same time. O'Brian is now aware of that and as soon as that becomes clear, he apologises, as he does again in the Sky interview.

What I see his faults to be:

* He should have never brought up Frank's personal life - regardless of where the story is published. I hate it and can't stand it. Leave people's personal lives where they are. Now, if someone had phoned in and told their personal story, that's fair game. Seeing as that was not the case, O'Brian should have stayed out of it.

* He should have done some research or at least his producers should have done that and told him at what time of the year he's brought up Frank's personal life. An unforgivable mistake, which hurt people even more.

And to all of us, ShedEnders, please, I know its Frank and I know its personal, but I don't think O'Brian is some horrid sleazy shock jock who is dead on making fame on the back of Lamps. He is a very opinionated, articulate guy who stepped into the wrong kind of land. He should have known better and he made a mistake even bringing it up, but please lets not go overboard. I realise how my viewpoint can be very contentious, but I don't think you should accept the whole matter at just face value. There is much more grey in this story than simply black and white.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Chelsea Guys, I'm prepared to open up here and admit I'm an Everton fan on your website. Rivalries apart, I and the EFC fans I've spoken tonight are furious at the treatment given to Frank by this O'brien bloke.

I really hope you and Frank's advisors go to to town on him and ruin his career because he couldn't be bothered to check his facts after reading scum press.

Frank Lampard is one of the current true professionals who would have been respected in the decades gone by as much as I know he respected today.

Good on you Frank for an eloquent rant that was much more heartfelt and I believe supported by all true English fans than the one by Carragher on Talksport.

 
Chelsea Guys, I'm prepared to open up here and admit I'm an Everton fan on your website. Rivalries apart, I and the EFC fans I've spoken tonight are furious at the treatment given to Frank by this O'brien bloke.I really hope you and Frank's advisors go to to town on him and ruin his career because he couldn't be bothered to check his facts after reading scum press.

Frank Lampard is one of the current true professionals who would have been respected in the decades gone by as much as I know he respected today.

Good on you Frank for an eloquent rant that was much more heartfelt and I believe supported by all true English fans than the one by Carragher on Talksport.
Nice post, and fair points. I think Frank stood up for himself very well, and made his case without having to resort to even swearing (which I'm sure many of us would have done under the circumstances).

I haven't heard the whole of the conversation, so I won't go off on a limb and accuse O'Brien as 'weak' or 'scum', as I don't have all the facts to hand. I would point out his comment to Kay on Sky News about not having the date of his Lamps' mothers death were at best insensitive, and if he were a journalist worth his beans, he would have known about an issue such as that, before going on one (especially, due to the high profile nature of the story a year ago). Makes me wonder what research team he has working for him that allowed him to not have a potentially career-threatening piece of information missing from his profile of someone he was going to be talking about.

I was also concerned about his insistence that he ran the story as it had not been refuted. Apparently it is for us all to defend ourselves if someone claims something wrongly against you. You have the right to remain silent, although we're going to assume the worst whilst you do that.

 
the guy's an arse...plain and simple...from what i heard he was backtracking pretty quickly once frank put him straight...he's making out the ex and two kids are living in some shi*hole, when they're in a nice flat in Fulham...ahead of a move to bigger place elsewhere...hardly sign he's a cr*p dad...if he'd turned his back on them, then fair enough slag him off...but before he went on the radio, it already sounded to me like it was a difficult break-up, when is it not, but he was still trying to sort things out...now he looks like a tool, he is trying to say that's what the show is about, rather than admitting he was in the wrong

 
I would point out his comment to Kay on Sky News about not having the date of his Lamps' mothers death were at best insensitive
Exactly, he actually quoted that twice in exactly the same insensitive way! The guy is a prick and must of seen those £ signs going up and gaining a broadcaster bonus every second Frank was putting him in his place.

O'Brian is a smarmy little f**ker, just watch him talk. All of his mannerisms, the way he conducts himself, the way he thinks he's 'charlie big potatoes' (just watch the Sky interview) - Class A twat!

 
After watching the sky news clip i just found him to be an obnoxious prick who's put his foot in it and wont admit it .

If Frank Lampard deserted his children there would be a csae to answer, but not to an insignificent prick like him.

I split with my wife a number of years ago , i got slaughtered by her family , my family and anybody else who wanted to have a go and stick their nose in . Yes i was partly to blame but i was judged by people who knew f**k all about my relationship and had no right to pass any comment . They didnt know the full circumstances and even now i still feel the backlash from certain people , thats why im completely on Frank Lampards side or any other individual who's put in this situation.

Mind your own f***ing business.

 
Im quite impressed by Frank talking bout non- football matter, really well spoken man. Very valid points of course, good man!

 
what a hermit this o'brien guy is.. LAMPS U LEDGEND!!!

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Well done, Frank. These journos sh*t themselves when confronted by the people they slag, and this scrote did just that. backtrack backtrack backtrack until "Thank you to Frank Lampard, for, well.......being a man". Unlike the speaker himself.

I actually didnt realize Elen and Frank split until recently.

 
Mod you are a f**king legend you just made my point exactly better dan i ever could...And as for lamps the man is just unbelievable what a legend my absloute hero..!!!

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top