Friendly Tomorrow

terraloon

First Team Squad
Messages
1,551
Reaction score
952
I don’t know too much about it but there is a behind closed door friendly tomorrow v Weymouth FC 

From what little I do know is that the Chelsea team will be mainly players who didn’t feature today 

 
A friendly when the premier league has already started? Why?
To give game time to players who haven't played during close season due to arriving back late after the Euros/Copa America. Arranged apparently by Carlo.

 
To give game time to players who haven't played during close season due to arriving back late after the Euros/Copa America. Arranged apparently by Carlo.
Yep that what’s being reported in the local Weymouth paper

KO is 11.am 

 
Yep that what’s being reported in the local Weymouth paper

KO is 11.am 
Proper local Sunday league game then with an 11.00 morning kick-off. Game of football and finish in time for the players to get down The Dog & Ferret for a few bevvies. Wonder if there will be a tray of team sandwiches passed round by the landlord?

 
Our pre season was almost non existent. 

The likes of Mount, Chilwell, James, Christensen, Jorginho, Silva have had barely any time at training let alone matches to build fitness. 

Feels like the season has started too soon and there's going to be a lot of clubs just trying to make it through to the international break and then hoping to get going proper in September. 

 
53f5ee535c3e3c543f0005a8.jpg

Exclusive picture of the nets being put up!😀

Kidding 😀

 
A friendly when the premier league has already started? Why?
It's crazy that we need to make friendlies when the season has already started because players need more time to prepare for a new season. If this doesn't prove that there is too much football being played right now, then I don't know what will. I look at players like Mount, he has been playing competitive football pretty much non stop since the 2019/20 season restarted back in June last year. The thing I worry about is that we run a serious risk of running these players into the ground before they reach their peak years.

The European Championship final didn't take place until July 11th, which is just ridiculous. It gives clubs almost no time to prepare for a new season. These tournaments used to finish at the end of June, not mid way through July.

All of these extended tournaments are making it impossible for players to properly recover and stay fresh throughout a full season. With the Champions League and World Cup being extended, just how are they going to fit this all in and give players enough time to recover? If they can't do it now, how will they do it a year from now?

If I had things my way, I would scrap the extended Champions League and World Cup, completely remove the Nations League and go back to 16 teams in the European Championships. I remember when people were talking about having too much football back in the mid 2000's, so why have things got so much worse since then?

 
Last edited by a moderator:
It's crazy that we need to make friendlies when the season has already started because players need more time to prepare for a new season. If this doesn't prove that there is too much football being played right now, then I don't know what will. I look at players like Mount, he has been playing competitive football pretty much non stop since the 2019/20 season restarted back in June last year. The thing I worry about is that we run a serious risk of running these players into the ground before they reach their peak years.

The European Championship final didn't take place until July 11th, which is just ridiculous. It gives clubs almost no time to prepare for a new season. These tournaments used to finish at the end of June, not mid way through July.

All of these extended tournaments are making it impossible for players to properly recover and stay fresh throughout a full season. With the Champions League and World Cup being extended, just how are they going to fit this all in and give players enough time to recover? If they can't do it now, how will they do it a year from now?

If I had things my way, I would scrap the extended Champions League and World Cup, completely remove the Nations League and go back to 16 teams in the European Championships. I remember when people were talking about having too much football back in the mid 2000's, so why have things got so much worse since then?
Good points. It’s seemingly non stop football , without a defined close season.

 
Chelsea: Kepa, Zappacosta, Thiago Silva, Zouma, James, Chilwell, Emerson, Ampadu, Barkley, Hudson-Odoi, Batshuayi.

played the whole 90 minutes with no subs.

Interesting the players that didn’t minutes still on the books.

 
13-0 🤪 They are not even a pro side kinda feel bad for them, must be pretty cool to play again Silva and Co though.

 
Chelsea: Kepa, Zappacosta, Thiago Silva, Zouma, James, Chilwell, Emerson, Ampadu, Barkley, Hudson-Odoi, Batshuayi.

played the whole 90 minutes with no subs.

Interesting the players that didn’t minutes still on the books.
Interesting line up ... two right backs, two left backs, three centre backs ... not really a surprise they didn't score LOL.

Barkley, CHO and Batsman to carry the offensive threat 🙂 

Would love to know who got all the goals !

image.png

 
I think Barkley is a solid squad player. Zappacosta and Batshy should leave. Way too much talent in front of them

 
Back
Top