Tea Bar Boy
First Team Regular
- Messages
- 2,089
- Reaction score
- 132
Found this on You Tube my first "away" game ........... they used to charge 50p for kids to get in but doubled it to a £1 for this game .Dixon's first is a cracker
I´m really pleased to see this, in fact the first time since the match. It was due to be on TV but a strike by techicians or something like that put paid to it being broadcast. We had great support that day, not the numbers from the matches in the 70´s but still huge.Found this on You Tube my first "away" game ........... they used to charge 50p for kids to get in but doubled it to a £1 for this game .Dixon's first is a cracker
I didn't even know they had the Cardiff v. Chelsea game on video. Amusing to watch the crowd in the background moving between the various sections. That was a lively day off the field.Wee Pat on the wing, Dixon up front! Amazing
Some great games posted by this fella, most of which I never realised were available. Only downside to the Fulham game was that we signed Gordon Davies on the basis of his performance against us, oh well...Great find. Check out some of the other stuff posted by this user. There is event the 3-3 draw away at Cardiff from 83-84 when we came back from 3-0 down in the last 5 mins:
http://www.youtube.com/user/razer4660#p/u/12/KJa5N6rw2U4
Hmmmm, that sounds eerily familiar2) Chelsea 2 - Spuds 0 (85-86): This was when we were at our best form that season and looked like possible contenders for the title (before key injuries and a loss of form put a stop to those dreams)
http://www.youtube.com/user/razer4660#p/a/u/0/gJ5iOEGHt7k
Dougie! Dougie! Dougie!Rougvie, hated a tackle (and a headutt by all accounts) but I love the comment in the Man Utd game from the commentator "He's certainly a formidable figure. If he were a scarecrow not only would he keep the crows away, but they'd bring back the corn the took last year!"
Would love to get hold of a copy of this picture for many reasons . Seem to recall Ken Bates had it on his wall in his office but no idea where you would find one today ?Great to watch...thank you
think a picture of the Scoreboard appeared in the next match Prog with a John Neal quote 'A Beautiful Sight'
Cheers Jim.
Hi TBBWould love to get hold of a copy of this picture for many reasons . Seem to recall Ken Bates had it on his wall in his office but no idea where you would find one today ?
I'm pretty sure that it's in the Ken Bates book of that season as well, if I can get my old, technophobe head around it I'll scan and post it later today, would do it now but I'm off for a well earned post Ashes snooze.Hi TBB
All my progs are in storage on the Isle Of Wight...next time i'm down i'll try & dig it
out
Cheers Jim
He had a blinder up at Everton one day mate !Some great games posted by this fella, most of which I never realised were available. Only downside to the Fulham game was that we signed Gordon Davies on the basis of his performance against us, oh well...