havelschayes
First Team Regular
- Messages
- 2,945
- Reaction score
- 720
revenant and the hateful eight
It's because the Hollywood studios hate having to come up with an original idea for a movie. And it's easier to market the movie...why are there so many super hero films nowadays
They also have a guaranteed fan base who will lap up anything that carries the Marvel or DC stamps.It's because the Hollywood studios hate having to come up with an original idea for a movie. And it's easier to market the movie...
Think 'lap up anything' is a bit harsh/blinkered, I'm a fan of superhero movies, couldn't give a sh*t who's name is on it.They also have a guaranteed fan base who will lap up anything that carries the Marvel or DC stamps.
And why not, if done properly you've got over 75 years worth of back catalogue to draw inspiration from.They also have a guaranteed fan base who will lap up anything that carries the Marvel or DC stamps.
I thought that was always the intention with guardians as the avengers and them have similar goals. The sequel will be starting production mid next year I believe. So I guess we will know more about what direction they are heading. I didn't mind the first half of Man of Steel, I thought the casting apart from maybe superman was great. The problem with that movie for me was that they struggled find a balance between superman of old and trying to put a moody darkness on the franchise. Superman will always be Superman, he needs to be standing up for the helpless etc etc. It doesn't help by destroying the whole city and perhaps killing civilians in the meantime. Though I think that set up the whole Batman vs Superman story by the looks of it.Good post Sheva, I agree with the majority of that. I think part of the Captain America character is snappy one-liners, typical American hero of the 1940’s era. However when you see the likes of Thor, Black Widow, Hawkeye etc do it, it does seem forced and hardly keeps a good dialogue going. But they're good escapism films, made for the battles and not Oscars, the first Superman film with whatshisface... Henry someone(?)... was pretty much just one huge fight, I'm looking forward to seeing what Batman v Superman can do.
Guardians was immense, is it going to merge with the Avengers? I know a sequel is coming but I didn’t know it would see them eventually join them, especially as RDJ and Chris Evans won’t carry on with their respective hero after the final Avengers film.
That's why I said they're easier to market the movie. I don't think the fan base will lap up anything and everything, but enough of them do.They also have a guaranteed fan base who will lap up anything that carries the Marvel or DC stamps.