Germany Vs Argentina 2014 World Cup Final

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not true Bobby. He didn't do anything special in the semi or the final but up to then he was pretty much the sole reason
I agree. I hate all this talk that he needs to win the World Cup to be better than Maradona, that is bo**ocks. Messi has had a brilliant club career, far better than what the drug taking cheat Maradona had.

 
Germany could go on and dominate international football for a good few years the way Spain did. I'd say there's more chance of Southend United emulating Chelsea than there is of England getting anywhere close to Germany in the next four years.

 
I think Messi has been wrongly judged as the greatest of all time though, Maradona carried a poor Napoli and an average Argentina tesm to big trophies whereas Messi hasn't done enough at international level and has played with a much better side that Maradona ever did.

Messi has had a brilliant career but he's not the greatest of all time.

 
I agree. I hate all this talk that he needs to win the World Cup to be better than Maradona, that is bo**ocks. Messi has had a brilliant club career, far better than what the drug taking cheat Maradona had.
No you are wrong .... Yes a much nicer individual but in terms of football don't come close just not got the power, against strong defences like Chelsea's he can't influence the game.

 
Germany could go on and dominate international football for a good few years the way Spain did. I'd say there's more chance of Southend United emulating Chelsea than there is of England getting anywhere close to Germany in the next four years.
Close to Germany! If we're lucky we might get close to Switzerland if we get a European sat nav!
 
Messi player of the tournament? Bollox..not even the best player in his team...mascherano

 
Last edited by a moderator:
How the hell has Messi won player of the tournament? Been largely anonymous in the last two games.

Token gesture by FIFA

 
James Rodriguez, Arjen Robben, Thomas Muller, just three I can think of right now who all had a better tournament than Messi.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top