Grant throws his toys out of the pram!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think claiming that as 'toys out of the pram' interview is a tad far fetched. All he has said is that the media lie to flog papers and that agents are scumbags. Nothing excessive (or untrue) or hugely controversial, or out of control, there.

 
but he's in charge. please, you need to respect his professionalism.

 
cant win can he, if he's quiet he has no charisma, if he speaks the truth he is throwing his toys

I dont agree the pressure is getting to him, I think he feels his done enough so far to be shown some respect
icon_wink.gif


heres what chelsea mad were saying before the final
icon_lol.gif


wonder how people would have reacted to it

Sources close to the club have revealed that Chelsea captain and vice-captain will not start against Spurs.

Avram Grant has decided that John Terry, who played against Huddersfield Town last Saturday is not good enough to captain the side.

His number two Frank Lampard who scored his 101st goals for Chelsea in the same game is considered not good enough to start the game also.

It's an extraordinary decision by Grant who is under pressure to land his first trophy for Chelsea after winning his one and only trophy in an illustrious career, also a cup in his native Israel a couple of years ago.

Terry and Lampard were not even supposed to be on the bench for Chelsea's woeful trip to Athens for their match against Olympiakos.

But both piled pressure on Grant who relented and put them on the bench instead.

Lampard was rewarded for this act by trotting out for the last four minutes in the drab 0-0 draw which puts Chelsea's future in the Champions League into question.

A score draw by the Greek side at Stamford Bridge in two weeks time will see Chelsea eliminated and the chance for Roman Abramovich to show-off on his home soil in the Moscow final gone.

Terry and Lampard's future at Chelsea will come into question.

Terry is signed up but will now think his loyalty to his one and only club is just one way.

While Lampard is yet to pen a new deal. This could spark interest from Juventus and Barcelona who want the dynamic midfielder.

AC Milan and Manchester United will be looking at Terry and think now is the time to test Chelsea's resolve and Terry's sense of loyalty.

Either way, the dropping of both talismen will fill Spurs players and fans with added belief that they can win the final.

If they do then Grant's position will be under greater scrutiny than it is at present.

 
Im not a fan of Grant but this is rediculous he's had a go at the media for the same thing that we are always complaining about. What exactly has he done wrong in that interview

 
For sure this is a sign that the pressure is starting to get to him. But I for one like the fact that he's showing some fire in his belly and fighting his corner. That can only be a good thing moving forward.

That was the great thing about JM (one of many) - if the media p*ssed him off he'd be right in their face giving as good as he got.

This is a game for men, not mice. So it's nice to see Grant sticking the boot in.

 
I think claiming that as 'toys out of the pram' interview is a tad far fetched. All he has said is that the media lie to flog papers and that agents are scumbags. Nothing excessive (or untrue) or hugely controversial, or out of control, there.
I didn't say he was wrong in what he said.

But it is out of character for him and if you listen to him he is clearly losing his cool.

 
Do you mean 'listen' or 'read' ethical? I haven't seen the interview and if I had then I could pass comment on whether he is losing his cool, however based on what I read on the BBC or Skysports website I could never make a call on whether he is keeping calm or not.

 
thing is he's blaming the media, the majority of chelsea fans have been criticising him and saying a lot worse, me included...it was refreshing to see some kind of fight in him, but to blame the media is so easy...it's not just about losing against tottenham, it's the way the team has been playing and his lack of ideas, tactical substitutions and rapport with the players that has given us the cause for concern

 
I guess he could have blamed a team bus
icon_wink.gif


 
I think Grant's missus influenced ethical's missus to drink pee then kiss him or something. Such hate...

If that is all true I think it's a nice interview from Grant. Although, are you sure it didn't come from Clarkey with Grant only sitting next to him and scratching his head? If it did, is Clarkey 'throwing his toys out of the pram'?

 
Do you mean 'listen' or 'read' ethical? I haven't seen the interview and if I had then I could pass comment on whether he is losing his cool, however based on what I read on the BBC or Skysports website I could never make a call on whether he is keeping calm or not.
I meant listen.

The guy is rattled. I'm not making it up!

 
Was it an interview on Sky Sports ethical?

 
Was it an interview on Sky Sports ethical?
I heard it on 5live. It was his prematch press conference as far as I know. you can watch it on the BBC website if you go to the article "grant lashes out at media lies"

Look, it's no secret that I don't rate the guy, but there is no doubt that the events of the last week, including mostly unrelenting press criticism and speculation, have got him rattled.

 
Cheers ethical

I will have a look at it once I get Mini Loz off the CBeebies website on Mrs Loz's computer (volume on mine is knackered)

 
Grant was only stating quite a few truths regarding media criticism - one minute you're doing a great job the next you're an arse.

That said, blaming the media will get him no where, he surely knows he made mistakes that contributed to the backlash he has faced over the week be it fair or not.

In the end it was a final to be won and he lost it and lost badly what was he expecting a round of applause and the media not to start digging frantically around the corpse? Hasn't he been in football long enough to know the score when that happens?

And as for demanding more respect, in fact he did get respect for what he did equally Mourinho's record etc - a lot of the media journo's who had previously lambasted him upon his appointment said they now had to recognize he was not the patsy they thought he was.

But expecting to get continual respect over and above what he has had so far, for doing what you would expect Chelsea to be doing against the teams we have faced - winning games - is living in a dream land.

It aint gonna happen.

He wins the CL or PL then he'll get greater respect from the press because he will have proved a point.

 
That said, blaming the media will get him no where, he surely knows he made mistakes that contributed to the backlash he has faced over the week be it fair or not.
Well to be fair he does as you can see in Sky's reporting of the interview - the blessed Aunite Beeb just decided to omit that part of it

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3215686,00.htmlhttp://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 86,00.html

We're sorry about what happened against Tottenham. I'm sorry, but we did a good job in the previous five months." Grant accepts that his decision to play Nicolas Anelka on the left wing did not pay dividends but has rejected rumours that some of his players were critical of the selection.

He said: "Criticise me for that. If I put Anelka on the left side, it's my decision. I'll take criticism on that.

"He had a bad day, but I take the responsibility for everything - for my staff, for my selection. If I decided to play some players after injury, that was my decision.
 
I think claiming that as 'toys out of the pram' interview is a tad far fetched. All he has said is that the media lie to flog papers and that agents are scumbags. Nothing excessive (or untrue) or hugely controversial, or out of control, there.
I didn't say he was wrong in what he said.

But it is out of character for him and if you listen to him he is clearly losing his cool.
What the f**k man? So that means Jose was out of character and was losing his cool after every press interview? Idiotic.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top