Greatest Commentary/Crowd reaction to a Chelsea goal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how true it is, but I've always thought of that Bridge goal as truly launching us into the new "Roman" era.

 
As well as all the others already mentioned, Essien's rocket against the Arse gives me chills.

 
1) Bridge v Arsenal, Highbury, ECL, never missed an EPL match home or away that season. Even at two nil down on agg you could sense we were going to do something special, second half we murdered them and when Bridgey scored it went totally mental, at 2-2 on agg our support willed us to victory. we were never going to lose after that goal, massive high as we were destined to meet Real Madrid and then Monaco mugged them at the death, massive disappointment. Great night and feel privileged to have been there.

2) Any Drogba goal in Munich

3) Crespo v Wigan, 94th minute. Absolute screamer to mug them on their top flight debut, great day out, should have lost but pulled it round, on our way to another title.

4) Any goal v Spuds

Interesting that non of my top three were at the Bridge! 

 
Shame there isn't a higher quality version, but even so, wow. 

You know it's a screamer when even Anti-Chelsea Andy Gray is applauding it.
I know the quality is horrible, but I wanted the good commentary there to highlight the strike.

unstoppable unsaveable

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I know the quality is horrible, but I wanted the good commentary there to highlight the strike.

unstoppable unsaveable
Yeah the commentary is classic, I knew the words to it off by heart prior to even clicking play haha

 
There are few favourites for me of course the both champion league goals from 1-Torres vs Barcelona and 2- Drogba vs Bayern.

3- Ba vs Psg , 4- Drogba vs Arsenal FA cup semi final

 
I don't know how true it is, but I've always thought of that Bridge goal as truly launching us into the new "Roman" era.
Well it was the end of arsenals hoodoo over us and the start of our domination over them...good times

 
Shame there isn't a higher quality version, but even so, wow.

You know it's a screamer when even Anti-Chelsea Andy Gray is applauding it.
Should never be underestimated how chelsea lost a midfielder through no fault of his or our own way at his prime, three major knee injuries over just a few years...given the inflated market and valuations of say pogba at the moment, it's fair to say we were robbed of a £40-50m asset
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah the commentary is classic, I knew the words to it off by heart prior to even clicking play haha
That commentary made me a fan of Andy Gray. I didn't realize he does that for every tremendous strike though. Still loved him for that no matter what trouble he has gotten himself in.

 
Should never be underestimated how chelsea lost a midfielder through no fault of his or our own way at his prime, three major knee injuries over just a few years...given the inflated market and valuations of say pogba at the moment, it's fair to say we were robbed of a £40-50m asset
I know, real shame. One of the best midfielders I've seen in the Premier League in his prime.

That commentary made me a fan of Andy Gray. I didn't realize he does that for every tremendous strike though. Still loved him for that no matter what trouble he has gotten himself in.
I'm also a fan, even though I see him as a bit of an idiot. He definitely added character to commentary, especially when you compare him to the bores Sky have now, like Alan Smith, Niall Quinn, etc.

 
I don't know how true it is, but I've always thought of that Bridge goal as truly launching us into the new "Roman" era.
Exactly,

Drogba's in Munich was amazing...truly amazing, and so fitting - a huge chapter in the story of our club.

However, that Wayne Bridge goal was, for me, the one that showed we were in the running to constantly play in Europe.  It did also tell me that Ranieri's fate was sealed and we wouldn't have him as manager the next season.  He proved that later v Monaco.  As has been stated, 17 times prior we'd lost to Arsenal, and everyone was expecting the same again that night.  I was loaded that night when the game began, the people aroung me pretty much beyond mellow watching the game, and when Bridge scored I went nuts.  It was such a release - and it looked liked Ranieri released in his pants.  Not only great personal reaction, crowd reaction, but then manager reaction too.  It was great.

I think Lampards first against Bolton was amazing the year we won the PL, and then i'd also add Jesper's cross/shot that put us into the CL ahead of Liverpool was another great one....bit of the starting point for the recent success.

 
When Torres scored v Barca (even although Ramires' chip had secured us to advance) I thought that the wee Irish fella that had originally said "the floodgates are going to open" was solid with his commentary too 

 
I don't know how true it is, but I've always thought of that Bridge goal as truly launching us into the new "Roman" era.
No I think that's spot on, Arsenal had been a team we couldn't overcome for years and it was a big part of the reason we didn't win the league that first year under a Roman. When we finally beat them it changed us, since then we've dominated that fixture.

 
someone on here posted that Duff goal vs Barca. Good shout, but I like the JT goal from this match better

​
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eofyqOMBKeE

I remember yelling at my TV set, "JT this is your ball - Show these fools". And JT did just that. Ok he got a bit of help from someone holding Valdez, but who really saw that? :Troll_Face:

 
Last edited by a moderator:
"shouts of a handball....FERNANDO TORRES!!....he's in.........this could be the most dramatic story of the season......fernandotorres.......ooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....unbelievable.....fernando torresputs chelsea in final........i say...last 18 months have been forgotten in 2 seconds....look at chelsea players on bench....50 million have just been repaid by a strike.."

 
"and here's joe cole...brilliant...chelsea, start the party now ..even with half an hour to go [to full time] .... take a bow son..take a bow,, coz this is jeez , this is absolute jeez , He has totally embarrassed top quality defenders in about a square yard of a football pitch , its that kind of goal that just defines your season"

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top