
I'm new to this site, located in Canada..a displaced Brit who has been following Chelsea since 1966. I have been an avid supporter and in the good old days a Chelsea Shed Boy, watching the likes of Chopper and the boys home and away. Even though in Canada for 20 years I watch as many games as I can via TV or internet. This team over recent years has suffered from inconsistency when they need to take points from lesser opponents, within 5 minutes of the West Ham game I turned to a friend and said the game would be a draw or they would lose. The tempo was so slow and they were farting about going no where, and don't give me the probing defences bullsh*t because they were playing in their own half. Yes they were unlucky against Everton with two flukie goals against them. As with most games they tend to dominate play but recently seem to have run out of ideas when Lampard is marked by three players and Drogba is marked out of the game as he was against Birmingham. Malouda is inconsistent with form and crosses, Deco can only play when it's sunny, Kalou is inconsistent, Sturridge is trying to hard, Borini...(is that a type pasta?) needs more time, Joe Cole is returning from injury...midfield has no drive since Essien has been injured...Why pay money for Zircov and sit him on the bench...etc etc. This team has not got the grit to play the old fashion way and get down and dirty when playing against the lower teams who tackle hard against the 'stars', look at the games against Portsmouth and West Ham..why couldn't Parker play like that at the Bridge. What happened to the good old fashion game of Chopper Harris and co when things needed to get done? By the time Jan is finished we will be lucky to be in third spot if things continue the way we are playing now. If we do not win against Fulham today the momentum will surely be lost as three players leave and CA insists that he will not be buying any one....good luck! Every one knows the 'system' Chelsea are playing is CA not capable of changing things up....I can see today Jose being cheered by the fans and being begged to return.....long live the King...
Nice positive first post mate,
I can understand your concern but think you might be reading more into it than is necessary, I've supported the team around the same time as yourself and remember with fondness the days of Chopper, cookie, Ossie Hutch and Bonetti and they are all legends to me but the game is a lot different now and comparing the way we played then is almost like comparing a different game,
I don't know how you managed to Judge the game against West Ham so well when the game against Arsenal started equally as badly with a far better result against a much better team?
You may be right about Borini needing more time, Sturridge trying too hard, but I think Joey is suffering from more than a return from injury, he is seriously out of form and needs a decent run of games to get it back.. a run we can little afford to give a player so out of form (imo) maybe today it will just click back? lets hope so.
I think Carlo is a bit obstinate with his formation but he knows it gets results and if he had an in form player who could play the tip of the Diamond properly I'm sure it would be getting results now, he is just short of that player at the moment,
Zhirkov I agree looks to me like he deserves more game time but I don't see him as often as the manager who has surely thought about starting him somewhere other than at LB if Ash is out.
I can't see why fans would be begging Mourinho to return, his time here was great but the players he had to choose from were basically the heart of the team we have now but in the prime of their careers, there is no guarantee they could be as good as they were then and even then we had started to go stale the way we did last season and this,
what the club needs to do is let a manager work through that stale spell and get the team winning again, let a manager stay long enough to work out the strengths of the team and get to know the players well enough that they play as a group and want to win for a man they know will be at the club for the foreseable future and not just until they have a few bad games and he gets sacked.
Lets hope the boys get back on track today and we can leave begging back the manager of a team we're gonna knock out of the CL until we lose a few more.