Heads up Everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

tremberz90

In the Ressies
Messages
470
Reaction score
7
I know things have been difficult the last few weeks. We've been unlucky with certain results (United at home) and some results/performances simply haven't been good enough. We may be heading for the exit of the Champions League in just the group stage and our form has dropped dramatically in the league after a decent start, but there are many positives to take on board

I believe this is one of the most exciting, young squad of players we've had for a while (if not AGES). The midfield three of Mata, Hazard and Oscar have been a joy to watch. Hazard and Oscar are both very young and have the potential to be one of the best. The three of them have already been playing as if they have been for years. They can only improve with age and experience.

I think the key to us over the next few years is to build our squad around these three. Torres needs to go, he's had way too much time to prove himself, and hasn't worthy of a place in our squad. I've been behind Torres the whole time he's been here, but I think i've seen enough of it now, he doesn't look interested, we should sell him and bring in a young striker that has quick movement in and around the box.

I don't really know what to make of our defence. We looked solid at the start, and now we're leaking in goals for fun. I think our full backs are far too attacking, and it needs work on it.

People seem to forget that for the last 5/6 years we've always been a solid, rigid team with power. We relied on longer balls forward to Drogba to hold the ball up while we got men forward. Now, we play a quicker more fluid style of football. Half of the team aren't used to this style and it needs time to work. We're still in transition, we need a few more players that suit our style of play. Once we have this we can compete in everything.

I don't know why everyone complains about such little things. Give it time, we're the champions of Europe for f**ks sake, and we have some of the best youngsters in Europe!

 
Can't fault anything you've said there mate - a great post

 
the young squad is great but what if we dont finish in the top 4? CL football brings a lot of money, and lets not forget our stadium issues . . . we may be forced to sell. i know the scenario is far fetched, but it is a possibility

 
It's not that far fetched. Look at teams like Leeds and Liverpool, they fell out of the CL and look how crap they are now. Sure we'd a bit different because of Roman, but if this FFP comes into play he won't necessarily be able to bail us out with more signings.

 
the young squad is great but what if we dont finish in the top 4? CL football brings a lot of money, and lets not forget our stadium issues . . . we may be forced to sell. i know the scenario is far fetched, but it is a possibility
I don't think we'll fall out of the top 4. We already beaten Arsenal and the y*ds away, so we have that advantage over them. We've played QPR and West Brom away too, that's 4 tough away games out the way.

I don't see us dropping much more points at home. We're stronger than Liverpool and Tottenham and probably Arsenal. And we're bound to buy in January

 
It's not that far fetched. Look at teams like Leeds and Liverpool, they fell out of the CL and look how crap they are now. Sure we'd a bit different because of Roman, but if this FFP comes into play he won't necessarily be able to bail us out with more signings.
So did Utd last season? I think you are worrying too much about things

 
It's not that far fetched. Look at teams like Leeds and Liverpool, they fell out of the CL and look how crap they are now. Sure we'd a bit different because of Roman, but if this FFP comes into play he won't necessarily be able to bail us out with more signings.
Stop being so negative, will you. We are not Leeds or Liverpool.

 
I don't think we'll fall out of the top 4. We already beaten Arsenal and the y*ds away, so we have that advantage over them. We've played QPR and West Brom away too, that's 4 tough away games out the way.

I don't see us dropping much more points at home. We're stronger than Liverpool and Tottenham and probably Arsenal. And we're bound to buy in January
QPR away is not a tough game, well it was for chelsea, but in reality it shouldnt be. we are definitely low on morale and i wouldnt be surprised if we f*** up a few more easy games

 
Is it that crazy to think we will win over Nordsjaelland and that Juve loses to Shakhtar?

Out of our hands, True, but chances are we are going through.

 
I know things have been difficult the last few weeks. We've been unlucky with certain results (United at home) and some results/performances simply haven't been good enough. We may be heading for the exit of the Champions League in just the group stage and our form has dropped dramatically in the league after a decent start, but there are many positives to take on board

I believe this is one of the most exciting, young squad of players we've had for a while (if not AGES). The midfield three of Mata, Hazard and Oscar have been a joy to watch. Hazard and Oscar are both very young and have the potential to be one of the best. The three of them have already been playing as if they have been for years. They can only improve with age and experience.

I think the key to us over the next few years is to build our squad around these three. Torres needs to go, he's had way too much time to prove himself, and hasn't worthy of a place in our squad. I've been behind Torres the whole time he's been here, but I think i've seen enough of it now, he doesn't look interested, we should sell him and bring in a young striker that has quick movement in and around the box.

I don't really know what to make of our defence. We looked solid at the start, and now we're leaking in goals for fun. I think our full backs are far too attacking, and it needs work on it.

People seem to forget that for the last 5/6 years we've always been a solid, rigid team with power. We relied on longer balls forward to Drogba to hold the ball up while we got men forward. Now, we play a quicker more fluid style of football. Half of the team aren't used to this style and it needs time to work. We're still in transition, we need a few more players that suit our style of play. Once we have this we can compete in everything.

I don't know why everyone complains about such little things. Give it time, we're the champions of Europe for f**ks sake, and we have some of the best youngsters in Europe!
summed it to the button. one thing i would say is that i reckon the midfield has missed Lamps. in that deeper role he gave a platform for the 3 and chipped in with some goals.
 
Providing we sign a top striker in January I cannot see us being out of the top 4.

Without Champions League involvement we have seen it in the past so many times teams being able to handle things domestically better.

I agree we miss Lampard and Terry and we cannot make an easy transition without these two guys and I would add Ashley Cole to that list too.

Great European sides in history blend youth with experience and it is asking far too much for the kids to succeed without old heads around them.

Drogba without doubt has been missed and anyone can see that !

 
Ever wonder why we have been so successful over the last 10 years....one word...Roman....'Failure is not an option' ....he will not tolerate failure that's why he is successful and so is this club...it has to stay in the top echelon on the EPL to remain successful or as a corporation is 'fails'......regardless of who is manager they have to be successful and cannot fail if they do Roman will not tolerate 'failure' its not an option.....

Humor13.jpg


 
Was gonna post this in the 'Get RDM out' post but as its rightly been deleted ill stick in here. This makes me happy :smile:

/monthly_11_2012/post-7277-0-27625200-1353471736.gif

 

Attachments

  • NTECD.gif
    NTECD.gif
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
Excellent thread!

and agreed, I've not been this confident in the future in quite a while, things will really start going

in the next 2-3 seasons I reckon.

 
The one thing we can't do is sack robbie D. Team needs stability something we have missed in managers and on the torres front, im sorry but he has had time, the fans are with him and still nothing.

 
The one thing we can't do is sack robbie D. Team needs stability something we have missed in managers and on the torres front, im sorry but he has had time, the fans are with him and still nothing.
Already happened. f**king joke to be honest, can't believe it. And if its that boring old fart from Spain ill be so angry

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top