Hilario signs one-year contract extension

Status
Not open for further replies.
In fairness, my reaction wasn't too dissimilar when I first got glasses. I hadn't realised just how pathetic my eyes were up to that point.

 
I have nothing against Hilario when he's called upon he does his job one game sticks in mind i think in 2010 against Liverpool 2-0 win at the bridge and he had an outstanding game! Turnbull is the one who panics me more he always seems on edge even when warming up.

But maybe theres a place for Blackman next season as he has been warming up before games, home and away...

 
Just been reading our goalkeeper coach Christophe Lollicon`s account of the season for our keepers on the official site and thought I would post his thinking on Hilario, which is what I expected and the reason for his contract extension.

Closer at Stamford Bridge, back-up to Cech was again provided by Ross Turnbull and Henrique Hilario.

​

The latter's two appearances were back in August, both wins, and he has extended his contract to cover next season.

​

'I am very happy with that because he is a perfect professional to help the number one and number two,' says Lollichon.

​

'Every day he arrives happy to train and be with the other keepers, and happy to discuss the game and training and he helped me sometimes with training, and it was very rich.'

​
 
He is hardly going to kick up a fuss is he. He is just happy to pick up his wages. Let's face it he wouldn't find another club to pay him what we do.

 
Did you even actually read what I wrote?

 
So why make a comment that had nothing to do with it? The keeper coach gives the very reason why he was given the extension, he is a superb 3rd choice keeper and gives invaluable input for the young lads in training. Why try and make him out to be some kind of mercenary only interested in cashing his pay cheque and not being arsed about anything else.

 
To me, Hilario is like Ferreira, in that the intangibles that he offers to the younger players at Chelsea justify his staying on for another season (and perhaps another two seasons).

 
If Lollichon thinks Hilario provides a valuable service to the club, then that's good enough for me. He's no Bogarde.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
And in my opinion its a very disingenuous and unnecessary one of a player who has never let us down and has been a consummate professional. What a cynical way to look on Hilarios time with us.

 
I've always been a big Hilario fan. Great back up keeper, great professional, great guy really.

Better than Ross I might add too.

 
Absolutely dkw. When he has been called up, it has almost always been for massive matches. Everyone doubts him, and then says they were wrong after. Only once against City in the double year do I remember him faltering.

Great club-man and like Paulo I hope he does his badges and stays for years yet.

 
he had one bad game against city, but that's all I can think of...why turnbull-sh*t gets picked ahead of him I have no idea

 
He obviously makes a useful contribution behind the scenes, and is prepared to be a backup keeper with little chance of playing. I reckon that justifies a contract extension.

I'd like to know how people can say he is crap and be so sure considering how rarely he has played.

 
He's decent, nothing more and nothing less, have no problem with him sticking around, it's not as if he's on £100,000 a week is it?

Plus lest we forget his debut was only against tiny Barcelona at the Bridge which we won 1-0.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top