TrojanMan
In the Ressies
- Messages
- 499
- Reaction score
- 8
First question -- I know the homegrown rule limits the number of non-homegrown guys who are 21 or older at 17. I haven't looked myself, but I've read that we already have 17 such players on the senior squad, and therefore would have to sell a non-homegrown player for every non-homegrown player we sign this summer. Can anyone confirm?
Also, I know that to be considered homegrown, a player must spend at least 3 seasons prior to his 21st birthday with an English or Welsh club. But my question is, what if a player is signed early enough to qualify for that, but then loaned back out to a non-English/non-Welsh team? Say Chelsea signs a 17 year old kid, and then loans him to a French club for 3 years. He's technically Chelsea property for 3+ seasons prior to turning 21, but he wouldn't have trained and/or played with an English/Welsh team for 3 years. So.....homegrown or not?
Also, I know that to be considered homegrown, a player must spend at least 3 seasons prior to his 21st birthday with an English or Welsh club. But my question is, what if a player is signed early enough to qualify for that, but then loaned back out to a non-English/non-Welsh team? Say Chelsea signs a 17 year old kid, and then loans him to a French club for 3 years. He's technically Chelsea property for 3+ seasons prior to turning 21, but he wouldn't have trained and/or played with an English/Welsh team for 3 years. So.....homegrown or not?