How Good is Demba Ba?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick-trueman

New Signing
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Tough one, the old Demba Ba vs. Torres debate is going to go crazy now... 

I think he'll score more and generally be more consistant but you can't deny that even in his shortages of goals, he looks great and constantly looks a threat.  

I even made a song about Ba... 


 
Demba Ba is superiorly better than Torres at the moment. He's more of a threat up front than Torres is. Just watch the Arsenal and Newcastle match last week and you'll see what I mean. However, he's no Falcao either, but he's a sufficient attacking option for the time-being.

 
I play 5th division football in the 3rd biggest city in Australia as a right back, i have two dodgy ankles and the tendons in my left leg are a ticking time bomb, and i'd still be a better striker than fernando bloody torres.

 
I play 5th division football in the 3rd biggest city in Australia as a right back, i have two dodgy ankles and the tendons in my left leg are a ticking time bomb, and i'd still be a better striker than fernando bloody torres.
Sign him up!

 
I play 5th division football in the 3rd biggest city in Australia as a right back, i have two dodgy ankles and the tendons in my left leg are a ticking time bomb, and i'd still be a better striker than fernando bloody torres.
That's nothing...When I was in under 12's, I was the worst player, in the worst team, in division 6 (the lowest), in the worst club in the area, and I would still be a better striker than Fernando Torres...well...maybe.

 
He is good, whether he is top level quality remains to be seen. I think he will score a fare few goals with our current line up provided he keeps himself fit. But it's also important against who he scores, one of the major weaknesses of Torres is his incapability of taking a game by the scruff and producing a top level performance while the rest of the team struggles - if Ba is able to have a few blinders while the rest of the team struggles it will be well worth the effort of getting a player who is a bit of a risk(health and attitude wise). 

 
Torres has 14 in 32. That's the absolute bare minimum standard that Ba must equal or he'll be a colossal failure. I'm not about to criticize Torres for his production and then heap praise on Ba just because he isn't Torres if he doesn't produce. I also agree with Las that who the goals come against matters. 

 
Ba could score 5 in a game, but would still be benched in the next match for Queen Fernando. That's just the way it goes.

 
Since Jan 2011 only Van Persie & Wayne Rooney have scored more goals in the premier league.

 
Torres has 14 in 32. That's the absolute bare minimum standard that Ba must equal or he'll be a colossal failure. I'm not about to criticize Torres for his production and then heap praise on Ba just because he isn't Torres if he doesn't produce. I also agree with Las that who the goals come against matters. 
Depends where and how hes scoring, Torres is useless in games where we're struggling, if Ba scores 14 in 32 but they're in big games or match winning goals, then obviously he's contributing far more than Torres's hattrick in a 6-1 win.

 
The only game where Torres' goal proved to be a major difference in the outcome of a match was against Arsenal at the Emirates when we won 2-1. 

Torres is very much a confidence player, so his confidence is up and down and usually impacted by how his team-mates are playing as well. 

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Two goals on his debut isn't a bad start, regardless of the opposition. The report said his overall contribution was good as well.

 
biggest lips ive ever seen on a person
01-forrestgump-bubba.gif


From his time in the army.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top