I guess it will be time to 'opt-in' then!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anything, it will make them more curious and make it worse.

 
Porn_WEB.png


Porn gets more traffic than other types of website in the UK, including Social Media... And Chinless Dave wants it automatically blocked. 

This idea makes less and less sense as more time passes. 

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2013/jul/26/porn-sites-internet-traffic-uk?CMP=twt_gu

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry, I can;t see the correlation between the pie-charts and what you say.  

You are claiming Porn gets more traffic than any other type of website in the UK, yet the pie-chart puts Arts and Entertainment at 9.6 with Adult (which presumably means porn, though I find that a bit sad) getting 8.5.

On a linguistic level why can't they just call it Porn instead of Adult.  I watch lots of Adult stuff that has nothing to do with pornography.

 
I'd also bet that a significant proportion of the search engine traffic is people looking for porn too.

Edit- about 8% according to the link.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry, I can;t see the correlation between the pie-charts and what you say.  

You are claiming Porn gets more traffic than any other type of website in the UK, yet the pie-chart puts Arts and Entertainment at 9.6 with Adult (which presumably means porn, though I find that a bit sad) getting 8.5.

On a linguistic level why can't they just call it Porn instead of Adult.  I watch lots of Adult stuff that has nothing to do with pornography.
Phrased my post wrong, have amended it now thank you.

With regards to what is "adult" the article says it is "legal pornography" sites.

Internet traffic to legal pornography sites in the UK comprised 8.5% of all "clicks" on web pages in June – exceeding those for shopping, news, business or social networks, according to new data obtained exclusively by the Guardian.
 
Only "arts and entertainment" – a category that is boosted by Google's video site YouTube – and search engines were bigger, at 9.5% and 15.7% respectively.
 
The problem is moi, 'Adult' will probably soon cover other 'Adult' material and not including 'those scenes' such as women with faces like a painters radio!

That is what's a bit concerning, porn is just the start of what could be total government censorship.

I am sure various things will soon start being filtered into the 'adult' category and you'll be blocked trying to watch a random drunk guy on YouTube!

 
I was reading something that said that even with a 1% error margin for internet sites you are looking at hundreds of thousands of legitimate websites that wouldn't be classed as "adult" being blocked in error.

Also the same number of sites not being correctly filtered and still being accessible.

It would be a process that would never end and would require a huge amount of man power to constantly revise the filters.  

 
The problem is moi, 'Adult' will probably soon cover other 'Adult' material and not including 'those scenes' such as women with faces like a painters radio!

That is what's a bit concerning, porn is just the start of what could be total government censorship.

I am sure various things will soon start being filtered into the 'adult' category and you'll be blocked trying to watch a random drunk guy on YouTube!

Indeed I find the whole thing very worrying.  Mind you, I don't know what you mean by "women with faces like a painter's radio!"

But I can't understand why in the 21st century we have a situation where a body of people who are not doing a great job of running the country, are taking it upon themselves to try to prevent grown-ups from viewing films made by consenting adults.

Like you, I can only see it as a means to an end. i.e. they're not really that bothered if I watch a couple of young studs pleasuring a nubile maiden, but they want to know that I am doing it, they want to gather information about me.

Well, if you are reading this, you rich Eton-educated twat, f**k off and leave me alone!

 
Or maybe they want to issue government controlled porn sites where you have to pay to get on them.

 
They want the power to block things, masqueraded as protecting children so anyone who opposes it looks like a pervert who hates children. Then later on, when they want to block something else, they can tack it on quietly so no one notices as they slowly block things. Torrent sites, streaming sites anything of the like can be all be blocked because they could contain pornographic material.

./conspiracy caps off

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top