If they were to retire now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure whether Torres will go down as a legend...on the club's website at least, but one's thing for sure, he will go down in Chelsea folklore forever. The story of Fernando Torres at Chelsea has been an exciting rollercoaster. Would make a good movie perhaps ;)

 
So Torres scores a couple of goals and he is a hero in your eyes? You must be blinkered to the rest of the time he is utter crap then.

For me it takes more than one or two goals to make a player a legend.
Torres always tries so hard and you really can't ask any more than that. Total Ledge. Stop being such a hater Uno.

 
Sutton tried hard. Does that make him a legend then?

 
I agree with Uno on that point. Trying hard doesn't make you a legend but I think I see what point you were making, bd. I would probably give Torres the benefit of the doubt in the legend category but I can see why some wouldn't.

 
I like your calm reply so why i ask this i mean it with all due respect. Who is worse than Torres?

In my opinion even Sheva and Crespo were better than Torres.
Sorry, mate. Must have missed your question. Wasn't trying to avoid it haha

I can see your point about Crespo. He was more consistent and I would've preferred if he stayed. Don't think 'he should be called a flop. Sheva...it's fair to say if he was given as much time as a Torres was, it would've been a similar story but I think even Shevchenko out scored him in his first 40 games (I think).

Strikers who weren't as good; would have to say Fleck, Sutton, Kezman, Pizarro, Mutu (although he had his moments)

 
To be fair to Kezman he didnt really get a fair crack of the whip.

Pizarro was not good at all but we actually made money on him so cant complain there.

Mutu was outstanding. If only he had been a better pro! The bright lights of London dazzed him and he took the wrong turn. Shame really.

 
Torres' goal against Barcelona has made him a legend in my eyes. I went absolutely ballistic when it happened, even more than when we won the CL.

Ramires, Cech, Terry, Ivan and Lampard. Oh god i Love Lampard!

 
To be fair to Kezman he didnt really get a fair crack of the whip.

Pizarro was not good at all but we actually made money on him so cant complain there.

Mutu was outstanding. If only he had been a better pro! The bright lights of London dazzed him and he took the wrong turn. Shame really.
Agreed. If all those strikers had got the same amount of time as FT has, then it would be very different. The problem is, none cost £50 or so million.

 
its hard to be sure while they are still playing as most Legends cult stautus magnifies when they hang up their boots but the measure of a legend for me is a player that you know isn't what he was but you still want him to stay even if he's only half the player he was, that for me applied to Drogba and Zola, it applies to Lampard and JT.

If I had to guess a future Legend that is likely to be a big part of the team hopefully as it improves again to bring the trophies to SW6 I'd put my money on Oscar.

 
It'll go both ways, he'll be remembered as a flop who scored that goal at the nou camp

 
Wait, what - Torres is a Legend for Chelsea Football Club?

:slap_face:

I'd understand such a comment coming from some deluded scouser saying he is a Liverpool legend despite helping them win f**k all - but this is just an insult to actual Club Legends of Chelsea FC

Greaves... Osgood.. Zola.. Drogba.. Lampard... Terry......  Torres  :face_palm:

What's next we are we going to induct Bosingwa for defending well in our run to the CL and FA wins?

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Terry and Lampard and probably Cech. Can't believe any suggestion of torres.. wow.

 
Terry and Lampard and probably Cech. Can't believe any suggestion of torres.. wow.
It all depends on how you view his game, I think. Some think he tries hard, provides assists and good link-up play and does score some good goals...and others say he just doesn't score enough.I've always gone with the first one but I can understand people who don't.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Also, don't forget about the shirt sales in Japan. A true Chelsea PLC legend.

 
It all depends on how you view his game, I think. Some think he tries hard, provides assists and good link-up play and does score some good goals...and others say he just doesn't score enough.

I've always gone with the first one but I can understand people who don't.
3 Belletti Bullets for you

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top