If we had to settle for 4th place, are any of you worried about the qualifying stage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

enigma

Legend
Messages
14,938
Reaction score
4,435
Hopefully, we'll have a more competent manager in charge by then, but still, do you worry about the qualifiers? 

Also, do you know how many stages in the CL qualifiers? 

 
theres only 1 stage for english clubs and yeah im not taking that fixture as a gimme

 
Absolutely no point in  worrying.

 
Depends who is in it. I remember Bayern being in that very stage a few years ago when they were struggling. I also remember Arsenal drawing Udinese and barely scraping through. So I wouldn't take things for granted.

 
settle for 4th should be amended to if we are lucky enough to make 4th

Arse 2 points behind, they have no extra cup fixtures like Chelsea and recent history shows they come on strong in the business end of the season

so who cares about CL qualifiers, we will be lucky to make them as FSW will continue his worst win % of all Roman's managers that is a dead cert

 
To be honest I'm concerned about whether we will get to fourth at all.

 
If we can't win a qualifier we don't deserve to be in it.

 
Its  obvious to me that the top 3 will be MAN UTD.......SPURS.......MAN CITY.............The 4th place will be a huge fight between only ARSENAL and CHELSEA................................A fantastic record by QUEEN has popped into my mind..........ITS IN THE LAP OF THE GODS (apt lyrics)

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I am worried we are chasing 4th place,EL and the FA cup even though we have a thin squad and are couple of injuries from disaster and we will end up with nothing.The CL is numero uno priority,sooner or later we will have to give the squad players more responsability.Marin,Bertrand,Ferreira,Turnbull to play in EL.

 
My only worry about finishing fourth (or not as the case may be) is the impact it will have on our pursuit of a new manager.  There is no denying that being a CL club will make us more attractive to prospective managers and we are hadly spoilt for choice at the moment. If it wasn't for that then I wouldn't be losing too much sleep over it.  If we were to not qualify for the CL then it is hardly the end of the world. 

 
I am worried we are chasing 4th place,EL and the FA cup even though we have a thin squad and are couple of injuries from disaster and we will end up with nothing.The CL is numero uno priority,sooner or later we will have to give the squad players more responsability.Marin,Bertrand,Ferreira,Turnbull to play in EL.
The further we progress in Europa League, the more important it will be that we play our strongest possible line up. I'm not saying it should be our number one priority, but I hope we really go for it. I know FA Cup's been "our cup" in recent years, but I'd say #1 should be securing a top four finish, #2 should be Europa League (we've never won it and it's still a European trophy) and #3 should be the FA Cup. I just hope the worst case scenario won't happen: win nothing and finish outside top five(not even Europa League for next season). We've shown some promising signs, but we're still so very inconsistent, so who knows what will happen. West Ham's next, so I just we can get the three points. 

 
Last edited by a moderator:
My biggest worry regarding coming fourth is that it would lead to us in all likelihood finishing below Tottenham again. I am scared that the board considers that acceptable.

 
My biggest worry regarding coming fourth is that it would lead to us in all likelihood finishing below Tottenham again. I am scared that the board considers that acceptable.
Always look on the bright side: IF we finish fourth and Spurs are third, that would mean either Arsenal or Liverpool wouldn't qualify for Europe at all. 

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top