If You Don't Like What I'm Saying...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know he hasn't been convicted of anything (and of course you are absolutely right about the judicial system), but can you honestly say, hand on heart, that you have no sense that what he has been up to isn't extremely dodgy? Frankly, I don't believe that he is innocent. The guy is a complete loon. From dangling a child out of a window to trying to turn himself from black to white. The whole Neverland thing. Just crazy bizarre.
neverland- his money he can spend it as he chooses really. the child thing- very bizarre, perhaps should have seen social services / some other appropriate body step in. I do think he is in need of psychological help / care from what I have seen, but there is no evidence of anything criminal and I find it very sad that someone with possible mental health issues is persecuted the way he has been through the media. what good are facts or evidence when rumour, sensationalist hysteria and mob mentality, previously so successful with witch burning amongst other things are available to us? you say he's not innocent, but what do you think he's guilty of? was the black to white thing proven or is it a skin disease? personally I would stop short of calling someone I do not know a "paedophile" on the basis of some edited interviews and media clips of erratic behaviour. nor would I go so far to confidently claim he should have been "locked up years ago" on the strength of that "evidence", and certainly not when a criminal court found him not guilty of everything he was charged with, and I'd imagine with slightly better evidence available to them.

he's totally past it as an artist IMO, and I fear loads of these gigs will be cancelled, he will be stationary for the most part, the sets to be short, and much of the music to be pre recorded. have friends going so for their sake and gem's I hope I'm wrong, but am not hopeful.

 
I can't really argue with any of that. My reaction was just what I felt. I'm sensitive to any suggestion that someone might be interfering with children. At the very least, the information that is in the public domain suggests behaviour which is inappropriate. Would you have let your young child sleep in the same bed as him?

As for his appearance, I think it is pretty indisputable that he has made a wreck of himself through plastic surgery of one kind or another. I think he has more than earned the name "wacko Jacko"

 
I can't really argue with any of that. My reaction was just what I felt. I'm sensitive to any suggestion that someone might be interfering with children. At the very least, the information that is in the public domain suggests behaviour which is inappropriate. Would you have let your young child sleep in the same bed as him?As for his appearance, I think it is pretty indisputable that he has made a wreck of himself through plastic surgery of one kind or another. I think he has more than earned the name "wacko Jacko"
if I had kids I absolutely would not let them sleep in the same bed- I do find that totally inappropriate.

and his appearance- yeah no question he's ruined t with plastic surgery, but I'm genuinely not sure if his skin colour is an illness or "comestic" surgery.

 
It must also be said that the parents of these children were only too eager for their kids to go to Neverland again and again.

 
I agree (erugh) with G4 again in the sense that I don't believe he'll last 50 shows. I'm going to the 4th and my workmate the 5th so if he can manage that... But, it has been said that he has had this planned for just under a year now, and has been making himself fit both mentally and physically, and the original 10 shows was just to test the water.

I believe he handles the stage a hell of a lot better than he does real life etc, and that could be the key. He won't be as mobile, and I agree he'll have dancers doing the main bits (Thriller, Bad) but just his presence around those dances again will be a sight for those fans. He's been so far detached from made him a star that to go back to that for an evening will bring it all back.

I doubt he'll do them, but his dances are legendary, no better mover in his prime.

 
Gem

I hope you have a great night and, in particular, that he does some stuff from the 'Off the Wall' album. Tht was Michael Jackson at his very best.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
G4 - I believe the skin colour change was skin condition, some say he got it when he burned himself on that PEPSI ad shoot. I personaly don't follow those things, so don't take my word for it.

I don't get why he is so popular, I never really rated the pop scene very high and apart from the dancing there's nothing really special about him (except the wrong things we hear from the media). But that's just my humble opinion, I'll go back to Rush cd.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
128802855793441672.jpg
 
G4 - I believe the skin colour change was skin condition, some say he got it when he burned himself on that PEPSI ad shoot. I personaly don't follow those things, so don't take my word for it.I don't get why he is so popular, I never really rated the pop scene very high and apart from the dancing there's nothing really special about him (except the wrong things we hear from the media). But that's just my humble opinion, I'll go back to Rush cd.
Oh Dear!

Just as I find myself nodding in agreement, he goes and spoils it with that last bit!

 
I say stick him next to a radiator, turn up the heat and watch him melt.

 
and much of the music to be pre recorded.
When did he ever sing live at any of his concerts ? He was never live at any Wembley gig he played all of it was pre recorded . Which is why it is a complete rip off in my mind . Then again he is not alone in the fact he stands there and lipsyncs for the whole show

 
When did he ever sing live at any of his concerts ? He was never live at any Wembley gig he played all of it was pre recorded . Which is why it is a complete rip off in my mind . Then again he is not alone in the fact he stands there and lipsyncs for the whole show
Yep, I've been to a few concerts and the only person you could tell was 100% live was Dolly Parton... It's a shame, but thats how it is, I can live with it.

 
Yep, I've been to a few concerts and the only person you could tell was 100% live was Dolly Parton... It's a shame, but thats how it is, I can live with it.
Just curious here...what are these other artists/bands you've seen? I mean, who are these acts that for some reason or another are not performing properly live?

 
Just curious here...what are these other artists/bands you've seen? I mean, who are these acts that for some reason or another are not performing properly live?
Probably didn't put that right Mak, meant you could just tell with Dolly, when there might be a second of doubt with others... No specific reason.

I've seen just been to numerous festivals and DOLLY :tHumBsBeeR: ... concerts was the wrong word!

 
While some of his music and dance was legendary I still find it hard to understand why people are supporting an alleged paedo. I know he's never been convicted but wonder if he might have been had he not been in a position to buy off the famillies of those alleging the wrong-doing.

I'm dissapointed in my brother for getting tickets.

 
I see where you're coming from Barn, but if the families had the evidence and wanted justice for their child, they would have seen it through regardless.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top