Imbula from Porto

VinnyGee

New Signing
Messages
67
Reaction score
8
I was really impressed with this guy after watching our Champions League clash with Porto today. I can really see him doing a job for us in all competitions. He reminded me of Essien at his best driving forward with the composure of Makalele. Obviously not at the level of those players but has the potential to be a great holding midfielder. Anyone else think he stood out?

 
I'm fan of him, but firstly I want us to give RLC a chance. If he will fail, then Imbula should be our main target.

 
It's hard to judge players really, we are making even the most average players look great at the moment.

 
Good point Scott, at the same time great players are looking average. Hopefully we can start showcasing some of our upcoming players

 
He had one nice little run which ended in Matic getting booked but i'm not sure i'd break out the cheque book without seeing or knowing more about him.

 
He has a release clause worth 37 million pounds.

IMO, that's too much for someone like him (good player nonetheless).

Agreed with above, we should be giving more opportunities to our youth contingent. Save the money and time to negotiate.

 
Looked good along with neves who we have also been linked to.

Not sure what this team needs at the moment though. The problems seem more mental than tactical.

 
He looked good against us, but our midfield is sh*t at the moment, so not sure how much that really says about him.

 
Someone at the club likes him because we tried to get him before and been linked with him ever since.

 
I'd much rather we went for someone like Krychowiak from Sevilla, he's a real quality box to box midfielder

 
There seems to quite a few quality young centre mids around at the moment.

We have our own prospect in loftus cheek so I don't think imbula should really be on our radar at the moment.

There's also bazoer, neves, and tielemans, who all look like they will go on to be top players.

 
Should be thinking about replacing Fabregas rather than Oscar judging recent form!

 
I mentioned Tielemans and Krychowiak a few weeks ago. They would transform our whole midfield.

 
Back
Top